Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Searching Amazon reveals that you can piece mail a completely legit Touchstone for $50. That's $20 below the normal suggested price. Plus since you are spending more than $25 dollars you should qualify for free shipping.

Check out these links (at the moment all these products are sold out but you can still place the order and they will ship them too you as soon as stuff is available):

Palm Touchstone Charging Dock: note that the amazon price is $10 cheaper than this price that shows up but its just out of stock so it "doesn't win the buy box". Just look for the amazon offer just under the normal add to cart button.

Amazon.com: Palm Touchstone Charging Dock 3454WW: Cell Phones & Service

Palm Touchstone Back cover
    Amazon.com: Palm Touchstone Back Cover: Cell Phones & Service

Then do a quick search for any micro usb charger
    Amazon.com: micro usb cable

and you just scored yourself a $50 touchstone. At least you will when Amazon is back in stock.

You can even reference this list of working power adapters before you pick which micro usb cable to buy.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-adapters.html
    Just got this from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 25 2009 (Order# [REDACTED]):

"Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Dock"
    Estimated arrival date: July 30 2009 - August 14 2009
    Looks like I'll be canceling the order.
    I ain't never heard an honest man use the word legit.
    Palm just doesn't want us to spend all this money for a few bucks in parts, do they?

Seidio, when are you going to offer a knockoff touchstone?
    Or you know, you could buy from the PreCentral store and not have to piece together your own kit.
    Or you know, you could buy from the PreCentral store and not have to piece together your own kit.
    I have an Amazon gift certificate to use. If you know of a way to transfer that gift certificate to PreCentral, I'm all ears
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    I have an Amazon gift certificate to use. If you know of a way to transfer that gift certificate to PreCentral, I'm all ears
    Go to one of those check cashing places, they'll buy it from you for like 95% of the value most of the time.
    I got mine through amazon for $47 buying the touchstone and cover separately. They shipped it a lot quicker than the estimate. Came in 2 separate shipments. Took about 2 weeks total.