1.    #1  
    Has anybody looked into getting Bluetooth speakers for the Palm Pre for listening to music or having a louder speakerphone at the home/office?

Below are two models that I've ordered. I am waiting for them to arrive so that I can compare.

Yamaha NX-B02
    This one has been reviewed to have a high-pitched noise when using the Bluetooth interface, but, otherwise, has great sound quality (using the audio jack). As soon as I found out about the noise, I continued my search for the right device and found the following...

Altec Lansing inMotion SoundBlade
    This speaker had far better reviews overall, and I'm excited to see what kind of sound it delivers.

Both of these speakers are portable (very important to me as I can take them to almost any function) and have auxiliary inputs.

Here are reviews on similar speakers along with videos (the Yamaha one is in here): click

Thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    really? so i'm the only one. awesome.
    Sorry you ordered the Yamaha. The Pre does not work with it. I have one and I could not get it to pair. The Pre pairs fine with my BlueAnt M1 which I would recommend you get anyway. It is about the same price and has a 10 hour battery. Also is much louder with deeper base. I actually have two Yamaha's and neither would pair with the Pre. They work just fine with my Sprint Treo Pro though. Hope that helps.
  4.    #4  
    actually, i canceled the yamaha in time

i ended up with the altec lansing, and it arrived today. it pairs up perfectly with the pre and the sound is stellar!!! i'm sure blueAnt has more base since you emphasized it, but i Did get the altec for only 40-50 bucks so i'm happy with it.
    I'm really upset that the NX-B02 won't work with the Pre. It pairs just fine, but no sound comes out at all. I paired it with my iPhone and it works great. I found where someone said it was working fine in a previous version of webOS but then it broke. REALLY hope they fix this in the future.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    interesting i'd be interested in bluetooth speakers for a lot of uses.
    I'm using the Motorola ROKR EQ5's and think they sound good for their compact size. I have nothing to compare them too however. No problems pairing and the AVRCP controls work flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    actually, i canceled the yamaha in time

i ended up with the altec lansing, and it arrived today. it pairs up perfectly with the pre and the sound is stellar!!! i'm sure blueAnt has more base since you emphasized it, but i Did get the altec for only 40-50 bucks so i'm happy with it.
    where did you get the altec for 50 bucks
    Drats. I just got the Yamaha NX-B02 speakers last week and had been pulling my hair out trying to make them work with the Palm Pre. (I could make them work with my hubby's iTouch.) At least I know it's not just me.

Barbara
    Unfortunately the new WebOS 1.2 update did not address any issues with the Yamaha NX-B02 speaker. I am able to pair it, but when it initiates the connection, the Pre says "Unable to connect" in red text even though the icon pops up showing it's connected. The light on the speaker even turns blue to show that it is connected. I don't get any sound out of the speaker if I play any music. I really hope they can fix this soon because it's such a great speaker!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    The soundblade is an awesome bluetooth speaker. I love mine.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    How long does your battery last using bluetooth and the music player?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I use a Yamaha YBA-10 blutooth adapter connected to my Yamaha receiver.
    The pre will not play music through it, although every other bluetooth device(G1, HTC sda, HTC shadow, & laptops) we own will. The Pre says "Unable to connect" in red text even though the icon pops up showing it's connected. The light on the adapter even turns blue to show that it is connected. It is a shame, because everyone else in the house can play their music wirelessly through the home stereo execpt me...the guy that pays the bills.
    This Yamaha device also plays with a very slight hiss in the background, but it is easy to ignore after the first minute. It would be nice for this to be addressed in an update.
    I'd be interested in hearing about battery life on these speakers.
    The Yamaha NX-B02 speaker now works over bluetooth in webOS 1.3.1. Finally!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Seems like 1.3 fixed a bunch of bluetooth issues.