Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've been trying to pair my pre with the garmin 765. The garmin finds the pre. However, when they try to connect, the connection fails. The garmin tries to send the passkey 1234. Will this work? Does it need to change? Is it a software issue with the pre? BTW, the pre connects with my PVPRO.

Crwalker
    try 0000
    Quote Originally Posted by crwalker View Post
    I've been trying to pair my pre with the garmin 765. The garmin finds the pre. However, when they try to connect, the connection fails. The garmin tries to send the passkey 1234. Will this work? Does it need to change? Is it a software issue with the pre? BTW, the pre connects with my PVPRO.

Crwalker
    I have that same Garmin, but I haven't tried pairing it with my Pre. If I may ask, what advantage do you see in pairing the devices?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    So that I can make hands-free calls while traveling.
    Garmin's BT does not support the Pre *yet* according to the support person I spoke with

I have Zumo 550 and it will pair OK but it loses the connection about 2 seconds into the call.
    Last edited by rc46; 06/29/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Pairs good with my Garmin 265WT. Even learned something unexpected. Since I have a contact named "Home" on my Pre there was a simple "Call Home" button when I went to the phone screen on the Garmin, similar to the Go Home if your in Where To.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've used it with a garmin last week.. Works great..
    Even my older Nuvi 660 works greats.
    Check the Garmin Updates, might need to make sure you're running the latest Garmin updates.. I'll check mine this week.. (I have a 765).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    anyone have any updates on this? I just got a 765t and not being able to pair it with my pre is ****ing me off >.<
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I chatted with online palm support, and this is the convo

5:09 PM Kiefer: I will provide you the link to check the bluetooth compatible list.
    5:09 PM Kiefer has sent a link: Palm Support : Palm Pre phone compatibility with other Bluetooth devices
    5:11 PM RK: that's just headsets and carkits though
    5:11 PM RK: is there a list for standalone gps systems?
    5:11 PM RK: like garmin, tom tom, etc..?
    5:12 PM Kiefer: I have just confirmed with my supervisor. I am sorry to inform, as of now it does'nt support the stand alone GPS system.
    5:13 PM RK: mm k, is there any info on if this will be available soon or not?
    5:13 PM Kiefer: As this is a new device. Iíll make a note of the feature you mentioned.
    5:14 PM Kiefer: Customer input is an important consideration when we make enhancements and introduce new features.
    5:14 PM RK: k, thanks for your time
    5:14 PM Kiefer: As you know that this device has Over the air updates.
    5:14 PM Kiefer: We request you to look for the updates as they are enhancing the existing features and adding new features.
    5:14 PM Kiefer: You are welcome.
    5:14 PM Kiefer: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    5:14 PM RK: that's it, thanks
    5:14 PM Kiefer: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support, so please take a few minutes to complete the customer survey that you'll receive via email.
    5:14 PM Kiefer: You may now close the chat window. Have a great day!

From what he says, it seems you can't pair your palm pre with any standalone GPS...I'm thinking he's high...
    This is making me crazy as well. I love the Pre, but I think it's crazy for it not to pair with my GPS. I don't think the Pre's Bluetooth stack (or whatever) supports the 765T's bluetooth profile, and for sure Garmin's website says the Pre is not supported. Believe me I've checked Garmin's site almost daily since day 1 of the Pre's release. The ironic thing is that Garmin's website says they CONSTANTLY update bluetooth compatability.....harummmph....
    Hey you guys sound like I did until a couple days ago, I could not believe that my Pre would not Pair with my new Garmin 765T. I bought the GPS just for that I can use it on my Motorcycle and listen to MP3s while riding. Well anyway I found the solution it is very simple. before trying to pair the Garmin with the Pre you have to rename the Garmin from the default name under Friendly name. It has special characters which your Palm Pre can not recognize. I named mine Garmin and after that I searched for available bluetooth devices using the Pre it found the device named Garmin right away. At that point it asked for the key and I entered the key that popped up on the Garmin 1234 you must do this before you press the button on the garmin. Then like magic it was paired and I have not had any issues. Good luck and Let me know how it turns out.
    Last edited by mojo.109; 12/02/2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: adding text
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    that took care of it!!

Sad that both garmin and palm could not solve that for me...

Thanks so much!
    Thank you soooo much!!! Outstanding Tip that worked like a charm!!!!!
    Thanks I have been trying to get this to work since June!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a Zumo 550, Pre pairs with it no problem, transfers all contacts from Pre to Zumo, calls out and recieves calls no problem. So can confirm its compatability.
    Am I missing something in this thread? The Palm has built in Turn-by-Turn Nav and handsfree (speakerphone\carphone BT) calling ability. You can even play music to your car kit from the Pre. Is there something 'magical' in these Garmins that the Pre doesn't have?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Finally - it worked out after just changing the name. Brilliant and UBER thanks!

Crazy how something so little could mess that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Am I missing something in this thread? The Palm has built in Turn-by-Turn Nav and handsfree (speakerphone\carphone BT) calling ability. You can even play music to your car kit from the Pre. Is there something 'magical' in these Garmins that the Pre doesn't have?
    I have the Garmin for use in both the car and motorcycle. It would be kind of difficult to talk, listen to music and navigate with just your Pre if not impossible. The Garmin mounts easy to the bike and when in the car sits right on the dash. Not to mention the use of custom POI's which warns me of speed traps and red light cameras. I paired the Garmin with my Pre and Bluetooth ear buds so I can use the MP3 player on the Garmin when I am cruising on the bike.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast