Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Am I missing something in this thread? The Palm has built in Turn-by-Turn Nav and handsfree (speakerphone\carphone BT) calling ability. You can even play music to your car kit from the Pre. Is there something 'magical' in these Garmins that the Pre doesn't have?
    No, the Zumo550 is essentially a motorcycle gps usually used via an intercom system fitted to the bike to hear the turn-by-turn instructions. Bluetoothing the Pre to the Zumo allows to use the phone via the setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    No, the Zumo550 is essentially a motorcycle gps usually used via an intercom system fitted to the bike to hear the turn-by-turn instructions. Bluetoothing the Pre to the Zumo allows to use the phone via the setup.
    Ah. I see. Never considered riders. (I assume this only works with full face helmets?)
    worked outta the box with my 765 and pre. i did update to the newest firmware on the Nuvi first.
    Is anyone getting this to stream music through their Pre to the Garmin? I want it set up so I can play Pandora through my phone to the Garmin and from there use the aux output to my stereos aux input. Any ideas because right now this isn't working for me to stream music. The Gamin paired nicely for the phone, but the pre isn't streaming to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    Is anyone getting this to stream music through their Pre to the Garmin? I want it set up so I can play Pandora through my phone to the Garmin and from there use the aux output to my stereos aux input. Any ideas because right now this isn't working for me to stream music. The Gamin paired nicely for the phone, but the pre isn't streaming to it.
    in for answer, can't stream either
    Quote Originally Posted by nspreng01 View Post
    in for answer, can't stream either
    Wont work. Garmin doesn't have the ability to take a stream in because it doesn't support the profile needed for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Am I missing something in this thread? The Palm has built in Turn-by-Turn Nav and handsfree (speakerphone\carphone BT) calling ability. You can even play music to your car kit from the Pre. Is there something 'magical' in these Garmins that the Pre doesn't have?
    You are missing huge stuff. MUCH larger screen. Already own the GPS and don't want to pay Verizon $10/month forever. Want to be able to use my phone without thinking about GPS. My GPS has real-time traffic info. It is FAR better at being a GPS for those of us that NEED the best possible, or just WANT to use one.

Instead of focusing on WHY, let's just assume I have a good reason and make it work. It worked with my Centro, and it is killing me that I can't make it work with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8cook View Post
    Finally - it worked out after just changing the name. Brilliant and UBER thanks!

Crazy how something so little could mess that up.
    I made the name change (because the Pre can't handle the strange character) and that solved part of my problem. Then I updated the firmware on my Nuvi, and that solved the rest of the problem. Let me explain:

It turns out that the pairing process with the Pre is backwards from how I did it on my Centro. Instead of initiating the discovery from the Nuvi like I did before, I initiated it in the Pre's BlueTooth app (add a device) and it paired successfully with the re-named GPS.

But, I couldn't see the phonebook from my GPS. I tried pushing the contact list to the phone, but that failed. But, once I updated the Garmin firmware from garmin.com, my 3,000 contacts showed up on my Garmin instantly and automatically. Much faster than it would show up when paired with my Centro.

I am so happy that my Bluetooth problem appears to be solved. I hope these three items (change the name of your GPS, Update your GPS firmware, and initiate pairing from the phone) will also solve this for you.

Now I have another reason to love my Pre Plus!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12