1.    #1  
    I love my new pre, I think all of us do. I needed a car charger but I really didn't feel like dropping another $20 or so. I took a look around newegg for a car charger for the pre, nothing came up, oem or aftermarket. Digging a little further I found this:

Motorola SYN1830A (apparently I can't link it, just search newegg for the model number)

Got it today, and tried it out in my car. It seemed to work great. Recharged my battery back up to full even while streaming Pandora on the way home from work. I did not notice any heat from either the Pre or from the Cig ligher jack portion of the charger.

This thing costs $6 bucks, maybe around $10 with shipping ( I got a few other things with it at the time, so don't know what the exact shipping was), but find something else you want on newegg and the shipping wont matter.

Seems like a pretty sweet deal.
    If you have a Touchstone can you try it and post your results here?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-adapters.html

Thanks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I got a $3 "mobile micro usb charger" from google checkout. it was for the razer but also compatible with the treo, it works fine.

ended up being $5 after shipping.

i wish i knew why people were saying to only buy certified chargers because that's just bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommysb View Post
    I got a $3 "mobile micro usb charger" from google checkout. it was for the razer but also compatible with the treo, it works fine.

ended up being $5 after shipping.

i wish i knew why people were saying to only buy certified chargers because that's just bogus.
    No, it's not bogus. The pre requires 5v/1a and allot of car chargers are 5v/5a and this will not charge the pre. Some will even make the pre freak out and start loading/closing cards.

Use the "search button".. this has been discussed extensively.
    I had a car charger that i got over a year ago with my sanyo eclipse that is also compatable with the PRE. I think it was purchased at a sprint store but it was not a sprint branded charger.
    The charger is from WAU and the model is MOTCLARAZR2T. From talking with the VP of operations at WAU I was able to get the specs on this charger. 5v and can increase to 1amp underload.
    From the WAU website this is a premium charger with these specs:
    •Posi-mold, poly-carbonate plastic construction
    •Ultra sonic sealing
    •True intelligent (step down) charging circuitry
    •Enhanced strain relief
    •Button style contacts
    •Secure, tamper resistant design
    •10 ft. long and 4.0mm thick coil cord
    •Triple current protection
    •Double sided all dip SMT (Surface Mounted Technology)
    •Catastrophic failure protection

I have used it in my car and it charges faster than using USB on computer to charge. I cant post URL but did find a site by using google that sells this charger for 5.95 plus shipping and they use paypal as an option for payment.
    Also compared it to my PALM USB cable and the plug is almost exactly the same size so there should not be any issues using it with a TS.
  6.    #6  
    Well I tried it out with my TS today, no dice. Even though it has no problems charging the phone when plugged directly into the Pre, it wont work with the TS. What you'll get is the Pre cycling back and forth from charging to not charging. Maybe I goofed on something but it seems the one I posted in my original post wont work with the touchstone.