Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm planning to upgrade my car deck and am looking for suggestions on models that play well with the Pre -- and also wondering if there are any gotchas to look out for.

I've been using it with the aux port on my current model and have been totally impressed by the way it will fade out the Pandora stream to give you the next set of instructions from Sprint Nav, so now I want to lose the wires.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoliver View Post
    I'm planning to upgrade my car deck and am looking for suggestions on models that play well with the Pre -- and also wondering if there are any gotchas to look out for.

I've been using it with the aux port on my current model and have been totally impressed by the way it will fade out the Pandora stream to give you the next set of instructions from Sprint Nav, so now I want to lose the wires.
    If you don't want to upgrade the entire deck you might want to look into the Blackberry Audio Gateway, which receives A2DP and outputs it to a 3.5mm jack.

You can't play calls over your stereo that way, and it doesn't have AVRCP controls, but otherwise it works great. (And it'd be much cheaper than buying a new headunit.)
    I have been using my Sony BT 2500 and the Pre, and it works awesome!
    Sprint Palm Pre....greatest Sprint phone ever created.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I am also very interested in A2DP bluetooth solution for my car. Seems like some people are using Motorola T505 which coverts bluetooth to FM. My question is how we can isolate T505 for music and use build in bluetooth for calls? Also can we permanently install the transmitter and keep it charging while transmitting? I own Sony MBR-100 bluetooth music receiver and I connect it to aux and it works very well. The problem that I have with this device is it won’t work while charging. If this thing would have worked while charging, I could have hooked it to the aux and not worry about anything.
    Anyone using a Sony MEXBT2700?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I am using blueant S1 with my pre. I reallly just listen to podcast and it works great. I also have the blueant s1 connected to my ipod touch. For music probably not so good because only 1 speaker but for spoken word I would recommend.

S1 Sun Visor Bluetooth Car Kit with Multipoint
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I have a Pioneer DEH-P7000BT; and while the BT connects great, I've never been happy with the audio quality. It's fine for podcasts, but music has this weird high pitched "rattle?" It was that way on my 800w, Treo Pro, and Pre. I'm beginning to think that the deck just isn't that great with A2DP quality. I'm thinking about moving to something else. Anyone with picky ears out there using a different deck with great sound?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Ford Sync, and it works/sounds great with Pandora. Pandora was very thoughtfully developed too, because if Pandora is running in the background, but paused, when it connects to the car it plays again. So really all I gotta do is take the phone w/me into the car and Pandora fires up the stream again for me. Very convenient, and because of this I leave Pandora open all the time.
    I've been looking into the XCARLINK (formerly AudioLink) bluetooth car kit. Read about it on another forum but having some trouble finding it for sale (in this country anyway) as well as any testimonials with the Pre. The concept is you keep your factory stereo, then use the built in ports / button functions with this adapter which clips right in to the back of the factory unit.

[I can't post links so just google it if you have to]
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    I am also very interested in A2DP bluetooth solution for my car. Seems like some people are using Motorola T505 which coverts bluetooth to FM. My question is how we can isolate T505 for music and use build in bluetooth for calls? Also can we permanently install the transmitter and keep it charging while transmitting? I own Sony MBR-100 bluetooth music receiver and I connect it to aux and it works very well. The problem that I have with this device is it won’t work while charging. If this thing would have worked while charging, I could have hooked it to the aux and not worry about anything.
    I am currently using the T505 and maybe I'm not understanding your question but the T505 will play music and switch audio to a call (incoming or outgoing) returning to music as soon as the call is ended. Now if you're asking if you can use two different blutooth devices at the same time. One for music and one for calls I would doubt it since there are no settings in Bluetooth to do that. You would have to tell the Pre through some type of Bluetooth setting that you want to assign audio to one device and calls to another. I'm not even sure why you'd want to do that. Unless you like music blasting in the background while you're trying to talk to someone.

T505 comes with a car charger and will operate while charging, which is very important to me since it's a pain to constantly move devices in and out of a car just to charge it. When you first receive the T505 they do recommend to charge it fully before use, just an FYI.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    deesugar,

My car already has a built in bluetooth solution for handling calls, that’s why I want to keep receiving my calls through the car’s bluetooth. Pre would stop playing music when a call comes in anyways, so the background music will not be a problem. Thanks for the info on T505. I will check it out.
    Going to try this solution. 13$ + free shipping.
    Going to try this solution. 13$ + free shipping.
    bit.ly/5mYNK
    DealExtreme: $12.99 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black)
    I threw in a Sony XPLOD A2DP a few years ago and I love it...plays very nicely with the Pre. Auto-Recognize/Connect when I get in, stereo controls of the music (I think thats AVRCP). Pauses music on incoming call, lets u answer incoming call etc via the stereo (builtin mic in the player) and incoming voice plays through car speakers.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Sorry if I can't follow this but let me tell you my sit and if someone could tell me which way I should go.

I have a new bmw that handles my calls via Bluetooth (pauses music, starts it when I hang up, steering wheel controls, etc...). Now I want to leave my phone on my touchstone in my car and handle calls through the car (including the steering wheel controls), while playing music on my Pre through my cars speakers and have it switch off and resume before and after calls.

I want to keep my stock stereo as well.

If this is possible, what should I buy?
    My car stereo doesn't even have an aux input, so I use Bluetooth 0.1 beta (FM frequency). Sit that bad boy on the touchstone and it works like a charm -- blaring music, GPS navigation and handsfree calling.

Btw -- Monster FM transmitter: very highly recommended.
    Wow. I'm excited about finding a good solution to this. My car has an AUX port, so I would just need something that connects to the A2DP profile to stream music, but also comes with a microphone that can be used to handle calls through the car's speaker system. I did a bit of research and found the Kensington LiquidAUX product. Has anyone used it or tried it with the Pre? It basically does exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's a link: Amazon.com: Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit with Remote for Music Phones: Cell Phones & Service

The reviews aren't great on Amazon, but the problems mostly look like they have to do with connecting to an iPhone. If someone could confirm that this works with the Pre, that would be a great solution.
    Does this work with pandora or only songs saved on ur phn??? I'm planning on buying an sony xplod tomorrow for cheap off craigslist but I only listen to music from pandora. Will it play using the A2DP or bluetooth?
    my car has a built 3.5mm aux jack. i just plug it to the phone and it works just fine. an equalizer app would be great while listening to pandora i constantly have to adjust the bass lol. but even answering calls is a breeze since i can hear the caller through the car speakers and talk while the phone is the cup holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Anyone using a Sony MEXBT2700?
    Not yet, but I played with one at Best Buy just the other day. Seemed like a nice deck and a worthy competitor to the one I thought I was going to get, the Dual XHD7714. The Sony UI seemed fairly usable compared to (for example) some of the recent Pioneer decks I've played with, though the animated characters spinning across the (Sony) text display is somewhat annoying and it doesn't look like you can disable it.

The Sony MEXBT2700 sells for $159 but HD radio support is an option that will add an extra $100. Plus, if you want an external microphone then you have to get the MEXBT3700 which goes for $199 (but at Crutchfield appears to include for free the normally $30 external microphone). You still have to add $100 for HD Radio (if you want it, which I do). For some strange reason, though, both the 3700 and the external microphone are listed as "out of stock" (at Crutchfield anyway).

The Dual XHD7714 has a similar feature set, but includes built-in HD Radio support for $179. The reviews are so-so: lots of features for the price, display may be hard to read in bright sun, and some of the controls feel a bit cheap. Also, there is no option for an external microphone.

I want to get a new deck for both of our cars, and I'd obviously rather pay $360 than $600, but it's hard to decide without being able to play with the Dual first. I might just order the Dual from Crutchfield and see how it goes, then either order another one or return it and get the Sony... assuming they ever get the 3700 in stock again.

The external microphone is something I also feel pretty strongly about (and I actually still have one installed from an old Nokia 6100 car kit) but unfortunately that only appears to be an option on the (out of stock) Sony 3700...

Any advice or comments on either deck (or others worth considering) would be greatly appreciated! Note that Crutchfield has the manuals available if you're the kind of person who likes to check those out before buying. (This is how I found out that while the $199 Blaupunkt Hambert MP57 supports Bluetooth, it does not support A2DP/AVRCP.)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast