Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Bluetooth phone works great...automatically connects/disconnects...sounds is clear and sweet. But using AD2P audio, both the PRE and the BTB-200 (bt module) connect but I get no sound. I can switch tracks and songs on the head unit and start/stop. Just no sound....any suggestions??

9/29/09 update:

With the 1.2 update, I can now transfer contact info to my head unit, however the audio bluetooth still gives no sounds.
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 09/29/2009 at 01:56 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    I've got an Alpine 9856 deck. Almost all Alpine stereos will have the ipod connector that charges & plays the ipod. I then went to my Sprint store and picked up a Bluetooth iPod Adapter for $10. I actually bought 2, and they gave me the second for 20% off! It's basically the Anycom Fipo, rebadged with a Sprint logo.

I now never get in the car without Bluetooth on. It syncs fast and I can control it with both the Pre's player (pandora or Music player) and on the deck.
    I ordered one of these (Anycom Fipo) from my local Sprint store (even if the store is out of stock, they can still order one for you -- it bills to your Sprint account and ships to your home address).

Unfortunately, it does not work in my Honda Odyssey with the USA SPEC iPod interface. But for $10 it was worth a shot. Probably works great for converting iPod speaker docks to support A2DP, but with iPod adapters in cars it might or might not work depending on the particular stereo and/or adapter...

Also, I believe the Anycom adapter does A2DP only, not the Hands-Free profile.

I think I'm going to stick to my original plan and upgrade to a Sony MEX-BT2700 deck, which I've heard nothing but good things about.
    I use a Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and it works great with both bluetooth hands free and A2DP audio streaming. The Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT is a full AM/FM CD and DVD player with built in navigation and voice activation for many of the navi and audio functions.

The music I listen to that is stored in the phone from a better quality recording sounds better than the music streaming from Pandora. I probably use a higher bit rate in my personal recordings than Pandora. I have noticed, better sound quality when turning up the volume on the Pre to near it's max, and then adjusting the master volume on the audio system. In my case, this gives me the best results.

This system allows you to advance the song from either internal storage or Pandora by touching the song advance button on the radio. Just like listening to a CD. There is no need to touch the phone at all. If you get a call, the music is automatically muted, and you touch the in dash screen answer and then hand up your call. Again no need to touch the phone when you are in your car.

By the way, the voice activation available with the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT works great and gives me access to anyone in my contact list just by saying something like, " I want to talk to Bill Smith".

I recommend the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT very highly. It plays great with the Pre.
    I just wanted to post this for anyone who is looking for a car stereo---the Sony MEXBT2700 has worked flawlessly with the pre right out of the box. Phone and music sound great, people tell me that the mic sounds great also. That is pretty amazing given that it is hidden behind the units face plate, but apparently it sounds much better than the BlueAnt supertooth units i've used in the car previously.
    My lowtech solution continues. This week, I added a MACSENSE BlueICE Bluetooth stereo headset and controller from Frys. At $30, I'm pretty happy with the little dongle. I like that I can swap out headsets, since that's the part I'm most likely to snap (and have done so with other dongles in the past).

When I'm driving, I swap the headset for my tape adapter. This means no wires to the pre (unless I've got it plugged into the lighter) and I keep the dongle on my belt, which means the controls are handy. The A2DP allows me to control the music and volume.

Also, the GPS and phone work great with the dongle. Oddly enough, my daughter gets a huge kick out of the times when the music swaps out with either and then resumes automatically. Heck, for $30, being cool to my tween is 'priceless' to quote the commercial.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ^^^ Sounds like the perfect solution for me since I have an AUX in port, can you have it plugged in and charging while using the device?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    cool
    I have the total wireless package setup. Touchstone on the dash with hidden wires to the 12v car adapter. The pre has never fallen off of it, except when I bumped it off myself twice. Its streams BT audio to my Sony 3700.

There is a very low level static to be heard. Its a constant level though. If you increase the volume on the Pre during music to max, you'll notice it gets drowned out by the music. Music level goes up, but static level stays constant. It haven't determined if this is an artifact of BT audio or the stereo. Since the level of static is the same regardless of the music volume on the Pre, I don't think its the Pre at fault.

I love the setup. Totally wireless. I just hang the Pre on the touchstone when I get in and pull it off when I get out. Many car will interrupt the power feed through the lighter though when touching the brakes or using a signal for just a fraction of a second. You can install the patch to turn the chime off though. The better solution is to install a 5v electrical gate between the lighter plug and the touchstone though. It has a capacitor so that there's no interruption of power and will prevent more than 5v from going to the touchstone. You can pick them up at Radio Shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    ^^^ Sounds like the perfect solution for me since I have an AUX in port, can you have it plugged in and charging while using the device?
    If that was directed at me, the answer is 'Yes, I can have it plugged in and charging while using it.' In fact, with Pandora and/or SprintNav, I think one has to have it plugged in as both drain the Pre's battery like starving vampires! <g>

Since I travel 5 days a week, I'm constantly changing cars and Hertz is nice enough to give me a rental with an AUX port nearly 100% of the time. I have a spare lighter/USB adapter and a spare retractable USB cord to keep the Pre charged up. Oh, and the mini-to-mini plug for the AUX to BT dongle is retractable, as well.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    The better solution is to install a 5v electrical gate between the lighter plug and the touchstone though. It has a capacitor so that there's no interruption of power and will prevent more than 5v from going to the touchstone. You can pick them up at Radio Shack.
    Can you expand on this? I tried googling it to see what it is or what it looks like.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    I have the total wireless package setup. Touchstone on the dash with hidden wires to the 12v car adapter. The pre has never fallen off of it, except when I bumped it off myself twice. Its streams BT audio to my Sony 3700.

There is a very low level static to be heard. Its a constant level though. If you increase the volume on the Pre during music to max, you'll notice it gets drowned out by the music. Music level goes up, but static level stays constant. It haven't determined if this is an artifact of BT audio or the stereo. Since the level of static is the same regardless of the music volume on the Pre, I don't think its the Pre at fault.

I love the setup. Totally wireless. I just hang the Pre on the touchstone when I get in and pull it off when I get out. Many car will interrupt the power feed through the lighter though when touching the brakes or using a signal for just a fraction of a second. You can install the patch to turn the chime off though. The better solution is to install a 5v electrical gate between the lighter plug and the touchstone though. It has a capacitor so that there's no interruption of power and will prevent more than 5v from going to the touchstone. You can pick them up at Radio Shack.
    That's what I am aiming for, except I am torn between the Sony 3700 and Clarion CX-609. I like the Clarion better in general, but last I checked it would not auto-connect to BT on the Pre. Anyone have any post-1.3.1 updates on that?
    Back a while ago I posted about my Eclipse CD5030, I thought I would give an update.

It always seems a nightmare to get both the HANDS FREE PROFILE and the A2DP synced up. Once you have both of these profiles then you are halfway there. Then my problem became the A2DP would show as if it was ready to go but when you tried to play some music through your Pre it would act like it was playing even though no sound was heard then after 15 seconds you would get a message on the HU(Head Unit) that said " NO CONNECTION...".
    I really fought and fought this and desperately wanted it to work.

Here is a more play by play...

Assuming that BT is ON on the phone when I get into my truck and start it. The HU powers up and within about 15 seconds I have all 3 BT icons on the HU. The icons are the BT symbol(meaning a valid device is paired up), the MUSIC symbol (meaning this device supports A2DP), and the Antenna symbol (meaning this device supports HF(Hands Free). So everything looks OK.

Press [SOURCE] on HU and select BT AUDIO. BT Audio is displayed on HU.

Go to Pre and select a music source like the built in Music Player, select SHUFFLE ALL and it will load a song and start it playing. If all is working correctly (my odds are about 1 out of 10) you will hear the audio through the HU. If not, again after about 15 seconds you will see the message on the HU "NO CONNECTION" and the MUSIC symbol will disapear from the HU display. So, how do you get it back?

1. Press [MENU] on the HU and select BT AUDIO SET and press [ENTER]. It will not display "Waiting" on the HU.
    2. On the Pre, open up the connection window (I found that you can actually press the time located in the top middle of the launcher screen and this will bring up the connection dialog).
    3. Select Bluetooth and this will bring up all of your Bluetooth connections.
    4. Press Eclipse BT and this will disconnect that Bluetooth device and the 3 symbols (BT, Music, Phone) will disapear from HU display.
    5. Open up your Connection dialog screen again and Select Bluetooth and now click on the Eclipse BT menu item. This will force it to re-connect.
    6. During all of this the HU should still be displaying "Waiting....", once the two have found each other the HU should display CONNECTED and the Pre in the Eclipse BT bluetooth item should show the Music symbol for A2DP.
    7. Press the [BACK] key on the HU 3 times and you should be back to BT AUDIO, now press play on the Music player on your phone and you should hear the audio.

OK, but now if you notice the PHONE icon is not displayed on the HU.... to get it back.
    1. Press [MENU] button on the HU (Note: this is also the PHONE button) It should say "NO CONNECTION".
    2. Press and HOLD the [MENU] button on the HU and once that menu comes up select your phone device.
    3. Select CONNECT and then it should display WAITING on the HU.
    4. After a few seconds it should display "CONNECTED".
    5. Press the [MENU] button and it will take you out of PHONE mode and put you back to BT AUDIO or whatever source you were on.
    6. Notice in these 5 steps above, we did NOT have to do anything on the PRE, we just have to tell the HU to re-establish the connection back to the phone.

I also tried transfering phone contacts from the Phone to HU, hoping that the latest software upgrade on the Pre would have made a difference, but still NO LUCK!

Again, primary purpose was for the HU/Phone to do the Hands Free connection and that works great, sounds well on both ends, and always seems to connect up no problem.

Hope that helps, if you still have quesitons PM me and I'll try my best to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantry View Post
    Back a while ago I posted about my Eclipse CD5030, I thought I would give an update.

It always seems a nightmare to get both the HANDS FREE PROFILE and the A2DP synced up. Once you have both of these profiles then you are halfway there. Then my problem became the A2DP would show as if it was ready to go but when you tried to play some music through your Pre it would act like it was playing even though no sound was heard then after 15 seconds you would get a message on the HU(Head Unit) that said " NO CONNECTION...".
    I really fought and fought this and desperately wanted it to work.

Here is a more play by play...

Assuming that BT is ON on the phone when I get into my truck and start it. The HU powers up and within about 15 seconds I have all 3 BT icons on the HU. The icons are the BT symbol(meaning a valid device is paired up), the MUSIC symbol (meaning this device supports A2DP), and the Antenna symbol (meaning this device supports HF(Hands Free). So everything looks OK.

Press [SOURCE] on HU and select BT AUDIO. BT Audio is displayed on HU.

Go to Pre and select a music source like the built in Music Player, select SHUFFLE ALL and it will load a song and start it playing. If all is working correctly (my odds are about 1 out of 10) you will hear the audio through the HU. If not, again after about 15 seconds you will see the message on the HU "NO CONNECTION" and the MUSIC symbol will disapear from the HU display. So, how do you get it back?

1. Press [MENU] on the HU and select BT AUDIO SET and press [ENTER]. It will not display "Waiting" on the HU.
    2. On the Pre, open up the connection window (I found that you can actually press the time located in the top middle of the launcher screen and this will bring up the connection dialog).
    3. Select Bluetooth and this will bring up all of your Bluetooth connections.
    4. Press Eclipse BT and this will disconnect that Bluetooth device and the 3 symbols (BT, Music, Phone) will disapear from HU display.
    5. Open up your Connection dialog screen again and Select Bluetooth and now click on the Eclipse BT menu item. This will force it to re-connect.
    6. During all of this the HU should still be displaying "Waiting....", once the two have found each other the HU should display CONNECTED and the Pre in the Eclipse BT bluetooth item should show the Music symbol for A2DP.
    7. Press the [BACK] key on the HU 3 times and you should be back to BT AUDIO, now press play on the Music player on your phone and you should hear the audio.

OK, but now if you notice the PHONE icon is not displayed on the HU.... to get it back.
    1. Press [MENU] button on the HU (Note: this is also the PHONE button) It should say "NO CONNECTION".
    2. Press and HOLD the [MENU] button on the HU and once that menu comes up select your phone device.
    3. Select CONNECT and then it should display WAITING on the HU.
    4. After a few seconds it should display "CONNECTED".
    5. Press the [MENU] button and it will take you out of PHONE mode and put you back to BT AUDIO or whatever source you were on.
    6. Notice in these 5 steps above, we did NOT have to do anything on the PRE, we just have to tell the HU to re-establish the connection back to the phone.

I also tried transfering phone contacts from the Phone to HU, hoping that the latest software upgrade on the Pre would have made a difference, but still NO LUCK!

Again, primary purpose was for the HU/Phone to do the Hands Free connection and that works great, sounds well on both ends, and always seems to connect up no problem.

Hope that helps, if you still have quesitons PM me and I'll try my best to help.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just wanted to add 2 things.

First instead of hitting back 3 times you just hit the menu button to back out of all menus.

Second don't forget this unit has a dial out feature (tedious but it works) which you can place a call with then add that number to your 6 mem presets

Once again thanks for the intsructions.
    Ok, great on the Menu. Yeah I've used the dial out function of the HU but was actually wondering how I got them in the presets.

Can you describe that process a little better? I tried but could not make it work the way I thought. I do have some loaded in the OUTGOING CALLS but noticed that just because I use the DIAL OUT feature that the number was not added into the list of OUTGOING CALLS.

Thanks
    works just fine on my parrot mk6100.
    Streaming works great with my IOPlay car kit. Cheap kit, easy installation and I've got it set up to use the Pre for both music and call handling. When my gf is in the car She connects her ipod for music streaming and I still have my pre connected for handsfree at the same time.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I know the Motorola T505 ( MOTOROKR™ T505 Bluetooth&#174; Speakerphone - 89149N - Motorola USA ) has been mentioned earlier but I did not want to go thru all the posts...My input: the T505 works great for listening to music and answering calls. There is even a switch on the unit to answer or hang up the call. I also use the T505 to play music on my stereo or boom box inside my home. I hardly have to charge the T505 as the battery lasts for many hours. I love this product.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Loco View Post
    I've been looking into the XCARLINK (formerly AudioLink) bluetooth car kit. Read about it on another forum but having some trouble finding it for sale (in this country anyway) as well as any testimonials with the Pre. The concept is you keep your factory stereo, then use the built in ports / button functions with this adapter which clips right in to the back of the factory unit.

[I can't post links so just google it if you have to]

i am also looking at buying the xcarlink bluetooth car kit. i emailed them and they said even though we are in the u.s. we can still use the iPod CD changer adapter, VW iPod, Music Link, xCarLink site to purchase what we need
    I bought the Sony MEXBT2700 for my daughter for Christmas. She just started driving and I wanted a hand-free solution for her and her Pre. Works great. Paired perfectly and the included mic in the receiver works quite well. No external mic needed.

Now if only the Pre supported voice dialing...
    I have the Motorola T505 and it works Great! As soon as I get in my car I turn on my Sprint Navigation and music from either Pandora or music I have added to the phone. All of my musoc controls are handles through the T505 and there is rarely no lag between the two. As soon as a call comes in it is, the music stops and the call comes in. All hang up/answer are then handled through the T505 as well as volume. Once the call is finished the Pre then goes back to my music and GPS. The controls on my bluetooth then go back to controlling music. All of this is done through the car speakers because of the FM transmitter that is in the T505. I have used several other different bluetooth devices in the past but for what I need, the T505 has performed the best. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a bluetooth solution. Audio is loud and clear. If there is static, one touch of a button lets you search for a different radio station with less static. Great device!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345