Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Are you saying the same issue is there when using bluetooth stereo headsets?
    I've got a Sony DR-BT22 stereo headset. It has a pretty distinct noise floor both when paired with the prprpr&#$275$;, $and$ $when$ $paired$ $with$ $my$ $Dell$ $laptop$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $had$ $too$ $much$ $experience$ $with$ $BT$ $streaming$ $audio$, $but$ $I$ $suspect$ $that$ $noise$ $is$ $endemic$ $to$ $A2DP$.

Joe
    Joe
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    My wife has an aux input and we loved to listen to Pandora in her vehicle so I got a T505 for my truck (no aux). The biggest problem is every so often the sound will skip and then the pitch changes like it's speeding up for a couple of seconds. Drives me nuts. Anybody else have the same problem?
    Haven't had any skipping problems with Pandora - do you have the Hires sound setting in Pandora set to on?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Usig my brand-new Clarion CX-609, and the audio and integration is FANTASTIC! With my in-car touchstone, I just jump in, put it on the touchstone, and open bluetooth, select my head-unit, and it instantly connects. Then chose Pandora, or in-memory music (usually Shuffle all) and go. All the head-unit controls work for going back and forward songs, Ans the phone quality is excellent with the mic wired to the head unit, and put in my dash/speedometer area, I can talk with the windows down (under 40-ish) with no wind noise on the other side! LOVING this solution!!!! Thinking of adding the steering wheel controls (as my car never came with them) for even easier access...
    Pioneer DEH-P7100BT here and streaming audio and handsfree are working great. I did notice some static though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Haven't had any skipping problems with Pandora - do you have the Hires sound setting in Pandora set to on?
    With or without the hi-res setting it's the same. It's not Pandora that's skipping. I can play pandora all day through headphones no problem. It's like the bluetooth communication skips and then it temporarily plays the audio at a higher frequency for a couple seconds and then it smooths back out.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    My car stereo doesn't even have an aux input, so I use Bluetooth 0.1 beta (FM frequency). Sit that bad boy on the touchstone and it works like a charm -- blaring music, GPS navigation and handsfree calling.

Btw -- Monster FM transmitter: very highly recommended.
    If the Monster FM transmitter is connected to the cigarette lighter how do you also get a Touchstone to work?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    ...With my in-car touchstone, I just jump in, put it on the touchstone...
    Maybe I missed something. Is there a touchstone made specifically for cars or is this just the touchstone plugged into a car adapter micro-USB charger?
    It's just putting a touchstone in the car and plugged in to a micro usb
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    It's just putting a touchstone in the car and plugged in to a micro usb
    I was hoping that was possible...although I just heard the podcast and they said that this hasn't proven to be a reliable setup. I take it that this has worked well for you? No power fluctuations?
    Pioneer DEH-P7000BT here. Hands free calling works just fine. Pandora works as well but I am only able to increase volume via the PRE. The head unit has no effect at all with the volume. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, has anyone experienced this problem? All info provided will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  12.    #72  
    I got tired of waiting for Crutchfield to get the Sony 3700 in stock and last week found a ebay store selling the 5700 instead for less than Crutch's 3700 anyway. (I love Crutch's service, but it's never the place to go for low prices.)

Installed the 5700 this weekend and it's fantastic, both for audio and phone controls. I never have any problems with connecting and the audio quality is good. And I was excited tonight to find that the next track button works to skip songs in Pandora.

As far as the phone interface goes, the Sony displays signal and battery meters, which is kind of cool. You can access your full contact list and initiate the call directly from the deck (yes, it's probably easier to do that from the phone itself but the option is there). Alternatively, you can download some or all of your contacts into the Sony's memory so they are available for quicker access. So I did that with just a few of my most used contacts and in this case I actually can dial out with just a few button pushes on the deck and it's easier than fumbling with the phone while I'm driving.

Great ipod control too, if you care about that sort of thing anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    With or without the hi-res setting it's the same. It's not Pandora that's skipping. I can play pandora all day through headphones no problem. It's like the bluetooth communication skips and then it temporarily plays the audio at a higher frequency for a couple seconds and then it smooths back out.
    I can confirm this behavior with my DR-BT22A headphones. This also happens with the Music app playing MP3s. I am tempted to make a new thread to find out how prevalent this is among others. Has anyone addressed this to Palm?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i have noticed the "skip then speed up to catch up" phenomenon on my pre paired with a Sony HWS-BTA2W Bluetooth adapter. When my iPod Touch is paired, it will do the same thing sans the skip (it just sounds like a record on a crappy turntable with the pitch intermittently bending). I think it's an issue with A2DP rather than a Palm-specific problem. That must be part of the compression algorithm or something.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
    Nkitchen, did you get the BT2700 working? Interested in hearing how calls via BT sound with the mic behind the faceplate
    Yesterday I had the Sony MEX-BT2700 installed in my wife's '03 Honda Ody buy Best Buy.

Both of our Pre's paired up with no problems. Just hold the BT button for 5 seconds or when the BT icon starts blinking and the Pre finds it just fine.

The music sound ok over BT, but of course a CD was superior. For the most part I was impressed with the BT music quality.

The phone usage was impressive. The microphone pics up your voice very well, it even picked up my daughter's voice who was standing outside the van. The voice was not muffled or cutting out or anthing bad, it was no different than it you where talking through the Pre it self. The sound coming out of the speaker of the person you are talking too was also very good, my wife said I sounded great.

Best Buy sells this unit for $169.95. After install, 4 year warranty and tax the total was $304

I'm so impressed with this unit, I going to get one for my car.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Does anyone else have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT? I am having problems with the a2dp working at all with the pre. It recognized the phone for calling and music, but when in bt audio it will not play at all. This is the first phone I've ever had this issue with.
    I'm a little late to the party here, but I have the 9800(same thing, just not Premier). I haven't had much luck with this deck and the BT for audio. I could get my former Muziq and current Instinct to work with BT calls, but could never get the audio to work. My Instinct act like it's paired for the audio, but I get no sound from the stereo when playing music on the phone.

I haven't been impressed with Pioneer's BT yet. My Eclipse deck(in my other vehicle), OTOH, worked flawlessly with my Instinct. Waiting on my Pre to arrive to try it out.
    I also purchased the MEX-BT5700U after seeing the recommendation on here and reading the reviews elsewhere. The way it handles phone calls is super slick. No matter whether you place the call from the deck or on the phone itself it will automatically pause whatever you are listening to and switch to acting as a hands free device. I was slightly disappointing that it didn't show the track info when doing bluetooth streaming, but I believe that is a fault of the Pre rather than the deck, the deck supports this feature, the Pre must not. The control buttons work fine though. And if you use an iPod too the controls for that are super slick. It has this cool feature where you can have it skip through tracks by playing 5 sec a minute in so you can hear if you want to listen to it before moving on to the next track. If you decide to listen to it, it starts the song from the beginning.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I've got an Alpine 9856 deck. Almost all Alpine stereos will have the ipod connector that charges & plays the ipod. I then went to my Sprint store and picked up a Bluetooth iPod Adapter for $10. I actually bought 2, and they gave me the second for 20% off! It's basically the Anycom Fipo, rebadged with a Sprint logo.

I now never get in the car without Bluetooth on. It syncs fast and I can control it with both the Pre's player (pandora or Music player) and on the deck.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainking View Post
    Pioneer DEH-P7000BT here. Hands free calling works just fine. Pandora works as well but I am only able to increase volume via the PRE. The head unit has no effect at all with the volume. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, has anyone experienced this problem? All info provided will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    I have the same stereo. The stereo should not control the volume on the Pre, but it should certainly be able to control its own output volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    I've got an Alpine 9856 deck. Almost all Alpine stereos will have the ipod connector that charges & plays the ipod. I then went to my Sprint store and picked up a Bluetooth iPod Adapter for $10. I actually bought 2, and they gave me the second for 20% off! It's basically the Anycom Fipo, rebadged with a Sprint logo.

I now never get in the car without Bluetooth on. It syncs fast and I can control it with both the Pre's player (pandora or Music player) and on the deck.
    Could you post some pics? I want to see how it interfaces with the headunit. I have the newer Alpine CDA-9886 in my car. I don't really want to shell out 120 bucks for the Alpine Bluetooth unit. Thanks.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast