Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I am currently using the T505 and maybe I'm not understanding your question but the T505 will play music and switch audio to a call (incoming or outgoing) returning to music as soon as the call is ended. Now if you're asking if you can use two different blutooth devices at the same time. One for music and one for calls I would doubt it since there are no settings in Bluetooth to do that. You would have to tell the Pre through some type of Bluetooth setting that you want to assign audio to one device and calls to another. I'm not even sure why you'd want to do that. Unless you like music blasting in the background while you're trying to talk to someone.

T505 comes with a car charger and will operate while charging, which is very important to me since it's a pain to constantly move devices in and out of a car just to charge it. When you first receive the T505 they do recommend to charge it fully before use, just an FYI.

I use the T505 (love it) but I use the pre connected through aux to listen to music/streaming radio. When a call comes in the t505 will alert me over its speaker or the caller ID and the pre connected through aux will lower the music and play my ringtone. All I have to do when I want to answer the call is
    1) press the fm button on my cars console (if I choose not to use the t505 speaker for the conversation) and I have my radio station set and programmed with the 505 and my car before I leave the drive way,
    then... 2) push the phone button on the t505 and thats all!

also sprint nav works great through the aux
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wow, those of you using the FM transmitters must not live near cities. I've always found it to be nearly impossible to find a station that sounds good, and then depending on the length of the drive, have to then change the transmitter and radio constantly.
    also depends on the car... my new honda picks up fm stations on my t505 perfectly with very very little static... my '06 honda had a lot of fm static with the t505

I live in Miami, which is a fairly large city

jtlyk
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVDubz View Post
    my car has a built 3.5mm aux jack. i just plug it to the phone and it works just fine. an equalizer app would be great while listening to pandora i constantly have to adjust the bass lol. but even answering calls is a breeze since i can hear the caller through the car speakers and talk while the phone is the cup holder.
    I agree!

I just got an aux jack by getting a new car and I use it for my streaming radio/nav/etc.

I decided to get the blue tooth just cause, i guess, but sometime I leave the phone in its case and its convenient for the bluetooth for me to let me answer the call without finding/opening the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    ^ This is my exact concern.... I live in DC and I in the past I have used a cheap FM transmitter w/ my centro that was horribly unuseable because of all the radio stations around here..... I really want something like the Motorokr T505 but I'm afraid to make that kind of financial commitment and find that it's worthless because it can't find and keep a clear station to broadcast to
    the speaker on the 505 unit itself is pretty decent and the station locater feature is very accurate (for me at least, living in miami) and it always seems to tell me the same 2 to 3 stations to tune to.

All I had to do was program those fm stations on my stereo unit. I dont really use it for music tho but i tested it out in my car with the best fm station it could find and the sound quality was decent. I just use my aux connection for tunes/navi/calls tho. the 505 is there for convenience
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre up and running on Friday and drove my 1.5 hr commute today with Pandora and Sprint Nav streaming to my Kenwood KDC-BT838U via bluetooth. Worked beautifully. The Sprint Nav mutes Pandora for traffic alerts and directions. Other than an occasional split second skip, it sounded great. The Kenwood also has a mic that I routed to the top of the driver side pillar, but I haven't tried making calls while driving because my window is currently broken and people can't hear me with the wind noise. The deck is also supposed to display SMS messages right on the deck face, but I have yet to verify. I've had the deck for a while and have been very happy, but my previous MetroPCS phone didn't play nice with the deck, so I'm just now enjoying the bluetooth functionality of the deck. I also have a 100gb 2.5" USB drive connected to it for music
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I have a Pioneer DEH-P7000BT; and while the BT connects great, I've never been happy with the audio quality. It's fine for podcasts, but music has this weird high pitched "rattle?" It was that way on my 800w, Treo Pro, and Pre. I'm beginning to think that the deck just isn't that great with A2DP quality. I'm thinking about moving to something else. Anyone with picky ears out there using a different deck with great sound?
    I have the exact same deck but haven't noticed a noise when streaming over bluetooth. I will need to check that out.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a Blaupunkt Kingston MP47 with the Blaupunkt Bluetooth adapter. The Pre pairs quickly and will play Pandora, Sprint Navigation, and mute all for a phone call. The Blaupunkt Bluetooth adapter comes with a mic. I am very happy with this setup and the Pre. I can leave my iPod behind now.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itgroupy View Post
    I'm using the MEX BT 3700u and everything is working great. I believe the only difference between the two units is the fact that the 3700 has Aux and USB ports in front. I use the USB to charge the Pre when needed.
    And the nice thing about the USB input also is that I can plug in my usb micro card reader with the 8gb card full of music that I had on my 755p. But I find Pandora to be my music of choice now and rarely listen to the tunes on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by nkitchen31 View Post
    I just had the Sony MEX-BT2700 installed today. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they won't connect. I turned the bluetooth on, for both devices. the Pre says there are no devices in the area. Was there anything special you had to do? I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance!
    nkitchen, I don't know if you're still having an issue with this or not, but in the course of researching the BT2700 it appears that you have to do the reverse (i.e. the receiver has to find the phone, not the other way around that you are trying).

More on this: From most things I have read it appears that the receiver uses the phone as a gateway, not vice-versa. i.e. - voice dialing works because it is the receiver's built-in voice dialing unit leveraging the phone connection, thus why you can voice dial using the head unit even though the phone does not natively support voice dialing.
    I use a Jabra SP700. Could be a bit louder, but otherwise OK.
    +1 for the Motorolla T505!! It works perfect for my needs as neither of my vehicles has an aux port, and I want to have the ability to have all the same functionality regardless of which car I am driving. The T505 allows me to do that.
    Works great for MP3, Pandora, Navigation, and phone calls, etc...looking forward to my 10 day road trip next week now that I have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    +1 for the Motorolla T505!! It works perfect for my needs as neither of my vehicles has an aux port, and I want to have the ability to have all the same functionality regardless of which car I am driving. The T505 allows me to do that.
    Works great for MP3, Pandora, Navigation, and phone calls, etc...looking forward to my 10 day road trip next week now that I have it.
    it works great even with an aux port, but yeah i get what youre saying

my old honda didnt have an aux port and the t505 fm trasmitter worked pretty well for playing music and holding conversations.

With an aux port, it is a dream ...
    I updated the Stereo in my truck and specifically looked for one that would do Bluetooth for the phone and also A2DP for music. I chose the Eclipse CD 5030 from Crutchfield, first it is a TOTALLY AWESOME stereo. Phone calls come in just fine and people can not even tell I'm on a Handsfree in my truck going down the road at 60mph. Interfaces with my iPod just fine. BUT.... I can not get the BT Audio to work. I did get it to work once or twice but not anymore. When I get in my truck with my pre and the stereo is turned on there are 3 indicators that are displayed on the display of the Stereo they are BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH AUDIO and the TELEPHONE SIGNAL STRENGTH. So it is indicating that it has found a Bluetooth device (my Pre), it does BT Audio and it has BT phone function. All is well...
    I select BT AUDIO on the stereo and it dispalys the name of my phone on the Stereo "Marks Pre" and waits. If I let it sit there for 5 mins or so it appears all is well. Then when I select the music ap on my Pre and start to play music, no music comes out and after about 15 seconds the strereo will display "NOT CONNECTED" and all 3 of the BT indicators go out. If I let it set for awhile the Bluetooth and the phone indicators come back on but NOT the BT AUDIO indicator.

I'm so disapointed.... SO close, but yet so far.....

Anyone else had any good experience with some current aftermarket Stereos that will do Bluetooth Phone and Audio and interface with an iPod and all the other jazz that most strereos will do now days, let me know.

I could go with a headset cable to an aux input on the strereo but not sure how that would affect phone calls and sprint navigation commands, etc. Plus, I paid good money for this Stereo and want it to work properly. I realize that getting this to work PROPERLY is a partnership between the phone and the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
    nkitchen, I don't know if you're still having an issue with this or not, but in the course of researching the BT2700 it appears that you have to do the reverse (i.e. the receiver has to find the phone, not the other way around that you are trying).

More on this: From most things I have read it appears that the receiver uses the phone as a gateway, not vice-versa. i.e. - voice dialing works because it is the receiver's built-in voice dialing unit leveraging the phone connection, thus why you can voice dial using the head unit even though the phone does not natively support voice dialing.
    Nkitchen, did you get the BT2700 working? Interested in hearing how calls via BT sound with the mic behind the faceplate
    Since I bought my prprpr&#$275$;, $I$ $decided$ $I$ $wanted$ $a$ $new$ $car$ $deck$ $that$ $had$ $A2DP$ $Bluetooth$, $HD$ $radio$ $and$ $USB$. $I$'$m$ $also$ $incredibly$ $tight$, $so$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $pay$ $much$ $for$ $it$. $Not$ $surprisingly$, $there$ $are$ $few$ $lower$ $end$ $car$ $decks$ $that$ $have$ $all$ $three$ $of$ $those$ $features$, $usually$ $only$ $2$.

I ended up with a Dual XHD7714 from Crutchfield for $159. So far, I'm quite impressed.

Sound quality is perfectly adequate for a car environment - functionality is great. It paired with the prprpr&#$275$; $instantly$ $and$ $re$-$establishes$ $link$ $with$ $no$ $prompting$ $necessary$. $Music$ $playback$ $over$ $bluetooth$ $is$ $pretty$ $noisy$, $but$ $I$ $already$ $knew$ $that$ $from$ $headphones$. $GPS$ $spoken$ $directions$ $are$ $crap$-$your$-$pants$ $loud$ $in$ $relation$ $to$ $the$ $music$, $but$ $at$ $least$ $you$ $won$'$t$ $miss$ $any$ $turns$! $One$ $nice$ $feature$: $the$ $deck$ $allows$ $you$ $to$ $store$ $relative$ $volume$ $adjustments$ $for$ $each$ $source$ - $CD$, $BT$, $FM$ $etc$. - $to$ $help$ $compensate$ $for$ $drastic$ $differences$ $in$ $output$ $level$.

I'll have to spend some more time with it before giving it an unqualified endorsement, but I can already safely recommend you check it out if you're in the market for a cost effective car deck with loads of connectivity.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen3.14 View Post
    Since I bought my prprpr&#$275$;, $I$ $decided$ $I$ $wanted$ $a$ $new$ $car$ $deck$ $that$ $had$ $A2DP$ $Bluetooth$, $HD$ $radio$ $and$ $USB$. $I$'$m$ $also$ $incredibly$ $tight$, $so$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $pay$ $much$ $for$ $it$. $Not$ $surprisingly$, $there$ $are$ $few$ $lower$ $end$ $car$ $decks$ $that$ $have$ $all$ $three$ $of$ $those$ $features$, $usually$ $only$ $2$.

I ended up with a Dual XHD7714 from Crutchfield for $159. So far, I'm quite impressed.

Sound quality is perfectly adequate for a car environment - functionality is great. It paired with the prprpr&#$275$; $instantly$ $and$ $re$-$establishes$ $link$ $with$ $no$ $prompting$ $necessary$. $Music$ $playback$ $over$ $bluetooth$ $is$ $pretty$ $noisy$, $but$ $I$ $already$ $knew$ $that$ $from$ $headphones$. $GPS$ $spoken$ $directions$ $are$ $crap$-$your$-$pants$ $loud$ $in$ $relation$ $to$ $the$ $music$, $but$ $at$ $least$ $you$ $won$'$t$ $miss$ $any$ $turns$! $One$ $nice$ $feature$: $the$ $deck$ $allows$ $you$ $to$ $store$ $relative$ $volume$ $adjustments$ $for$ $each$ $source$ - $CD$, $BT$, $FM$ $etc$. - $to$ $help$ $compensate$ $for$ $drastic$ $differences$ $in$ $output$ $level$.

I'll have to spend some more time with it before giving it an unqualified endorsement, but I can already safely recommend you check it out if you're in the market for a cost effective car deck with loads of connectivity.

Joe
    JAllen, are you mostly in the city? I commute 45 min outside the city and have heard that there are issues with HD cutting in and out in that environment, any input on that issue?
    Haven't heard, and haven't been out of the metro area (KC) with it yet and this is my first HD radio.

I'll be heading up to Omaha at the end of the month so I'll find out what the range is. It stands to reason that the HD signal wouldn't be as strong as good old analog FM.

Joe
    I also use the Jabra SP700. Works great for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen3.14 View Post

Joe
    This is my story right down to the car deck and experience. I swapped out a older Dual for the 7714 and gave up built in Sat Radio in the process. I'm was on the verge of dropping it in the car anyhow and just getting a car mount for my Inno portable sat radio and using the aux in. The background hiss when playing audio over bluetooth is annoying, but is pretty much drowned out by the music. Are you saying the same issue is there when using bluetooth stereo headsets? For the price of the deck and everything that's built in, I'm very satisfied. I was worried about how I would sound over the mic when using the phone, but I was told i come through "loud" and clear.
    Last edited by Pimp Lucious; 07/18/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    I just got my Pre working with my Eclipse CD3200. So far, I only have the A2DP audio portion setup, but so far it works and sounds excellent. The sound quality with the Pre is much better than my Treo 800w, especially with Pandora. The one thing I find annoying, however, is that the Pre goes to sleep, even if I have it plugged in, and have to turn it on to see the screen.

The next step is getting the head unit configured correctly to do phone calls.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast