Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have a 1990 4runner with stock radio. I had been using a corded FM transmitter with my Centro. As soon as I turned on the Motorola T505 I fell in LOVE with it. Music sounds so much better with it, and if a call comes in it tells me the # and I just press the phone button to answer. It will also redial last # by pressing phone button again. For someone not wanting to upgrade their stock radio this is a winner!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've got the Sony MEXBT3700 from crutchfield and it works great. Always pairs, folks tell me the phone sounds good, and I love playing Pandora and using Sprint Nav at the same time. The music volume lowers when the voice direction come on.
    I am with a Blackberry Music Gateway. I love it because it turns on and off with the car. My favorite bit is that when it powers off, the Pre automatically stops the Music app and Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Anyone using a Sony MEXBT2700?
    I am using one, it is working great so far. BT quality is not as good a CD quality, but it works fine.
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    amazing stuff OP! deffinetly intend on reading your blog
    this is one lifestyle i have yet to read or really hear much about
    and mixed with technology makes it ever so interesting for me!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by xgb788 View Post
    I am using one, it is working great so far. BT quality is not as good a CD quality, but it works fine.
    How does the phone hands-free work when the unit is playing music over A2DP, like when you get an incoming call or make an outgoing one? Also, how good is the sound quality of the internal microphone?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Dieter,

Can you have the BB gateway charging while working? I am using Sony MBR-100, very similar to BB gateway, and it won’t work while charging.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT? I am having problems with the a2dp working at all with the pre. It recognized the phone for calling and music, but when in bt audio it will not play at all. This is the first phone I've ever had this issue with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    Dieter,

Can you have the BB gateway charging while working? I am using Sony MBR-100, very similar to BB gateway, and it won’t work while charging.
    The Blackberry Music Gateway doesn't have a battery, so you need it to be plugged in at all times. So, yes.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Motorola T505 ftw. I don't have a Pre, but I use it with my Mogul, and I couldn't ask for anything better. The only issue is that it isn't as loud as my FM radio or playing a CD, but that's negligible and expected for a FM transmitter.
    Wow, those of you using the FM transmitters must not live near cities. I've always found it to be nearly impossible to find a station that sounds good, and then depending on the length of the drive, have to then change the transmitter and radio constantly.
    ^ This is my exact concern.... I live in DC and I in the past I have used a cheap FM transmitter w/ my centro that was horribly unuseable because of all the radio stations around here..... I really want something like the Motorokr T505 but I'm afraid to make that kind of financial commitment and find that it's worthless because it can't find and keep a clear station to broadcast to
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    ^ This is my exact concern.... I live in DC and I in the past I have used a cheap FM transmitter w/ my centro that was horribly unuseable because of all the radio stations around here..... I really want something like the Motorokr T505 but I'm afraid to make that kind of financial commitment and find that it's worthless because it can't find and keep a clear station to broadcast to
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wow, those of you using the FM transmitters must not live near cities. I've always found it to be nearly impossible to find a station that sounds good, and then depending on the length of the drive, have to then change the transmitter and radio constantly.
    I live in Brooklyn, NY, and I drive in Manhattan quite frequently. Sure, the stations that it may lock onto may have some noise from nearby radio stations that may use that frequency, but with the T505 I just press the FM button and it finds a new station that is usually open, and it sounds just fine. As I said, the only issue with my Mogul seems to be that the volume isn't as high as a CD or the regular FM radio. But this may be due to a A2DP/FM transmitter limitation, I'm not sure.

I've been on 2 hour drives from NYC to CT regularly and have not had any problems needing to switch stations frequently. Maybe once, if that.

Look on ebay for the T505...I got mine for under $60 shipped. I think it's a quality piece of equipment, and worth every penny I spent on it. I rarely use my Jawbone in the car anymore.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Here's one that I found:

http: //cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-T505-BLUETOOTH-IN-CAR-SPEAKERPHONE-TRANSMITTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1234Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1 Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem439859f254QQitemZ290318840404QQptZPDAQ5fAc cessoriesQQsalenotsupported

Less than $40.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm just not satisfied with A2DP quality for music. There's a weird "rattle" sound when the music has a lot going on. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Same sound using the Pre, Treo Pro, 800w. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7000BT. I thought maybe it was the stereo so I went to Best Buy today and paired with a Sony BT2700....same thing.

I guess I'll have to stick with BT for podcasts and my aux cable for music.
    I'm using the Jabra BT8040 and it's working great. It has much better earpiece and microphone quality (and volume) than my old Motorola H500 and the A2DP let's me listen to music while I'm working. It's great. I'd recommend it to anyone -- and I got mine for about $30.
    I've been using a Jabra SP700 and so far it works pretty well.
    Just as others have described, the Pre lowers/mutes music volume when a call is incoming/active.
    I just had the Sony MEX-BT2700 installed today. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they won't connect. I turned the bluetooth on, for both devices. the Pre says there are no devices in the area. Was there anything special you had to do? I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Anyone using a Sony MEXBT2700?
    I'm using the MEX BT 3700u and everything is working great. I believe the only difference between the two units is the fact that the 3700 has Aux and USB ports in front. I use the USB to charge the Pre when needed.
    Are you guys using a bluetooth that allows for music to play as well?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast