Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just got my Smartphone Experts screen protectors today ... they're cut backwards.

The surface which should be face-down on the Pre has the mic cutout on the right side, not the left side. The surface which should be face-up on the Pre is covered by the removable backing material.

The exposed side will work when placed face-down, but of course it's full of dust since it was shipped unprotected. I suppose I could wash it before applying.

Anyone else received theirs yet? Same problem?

disclaimer - I could be retarded ...

john
    I received mine but I don't see the problem.

The plastic side up facing you, the mic is on the left side.

So if I peel the paper away the sticky side should be on the paper side down.

Did you get something different, or just not holding it right?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I just re-read, you holding it upside down.. the paper side should be down as if you were going to be putting the paper on the Pre.

But of course, once you peel the paper away you have the sticky side of the screen protector down facing the Pre and the mic hole should be on the left.

Just let me know if you end be retarded... I usually fall into that category myself at times.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just re-read, you holding it upside down.. the paper side should be down as if you were going to be putting the paper on the Pre.
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for checking yours. When I hold mine paper-side down, the mic cutout is on the right. So if I were to peel it off and stick it to the Pre, the mic hole (on the left side of the Pre) would be covered.

Treo|Central is sending me some new ones.

I should have included this in my first post, but here's a snapshot:

The paper side is facing down on the desk.

have fun,
    john
    Can I ask how is the screen protector. Is it thick or really thin. Can you slide your fingers over all the areas ok. Does the screen protector have a tacky feel.

A little review would be nice.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Can I ask how is the screen protector. Is it thick or really thin. Can you slide your fingers over all the areas ok. Does the screen protector have a tacky feel.
    dfine,

I left them on my desk at work since I can't install them; Treo|Central is sending replacements.

However, you can see from the photo that they're designed to cover most of the front of the device. But not the sides.

In thickness, they're about the same as BestSkinsEver. They don't feel particularly tacky, and to be honest both sides feel the same.

I'm not sure how well they'll follow the curve of the Pre's front side, but they look pretty clear.

When I receive the replacements I'll post again to this thread.

have a great evening,
    john
    I had ordered mine before this thread came out. Sure enough, last night the one's I got were cut wrong, just like the OP. I was too late to call. I felt the protector and they don't feel the same quality as what they used in the past. I little flimsy. I am thinking instead of having them send out another one, to just return them. I am a little peeved that they didn't even cut them right. I wonder if they would credit the shipping back because of their mess up. I doubt it, but I can ask.

Do I try to get another one, or will these be good?
    Don't buy these, they suck, if I can say that. I called the company I ordered them from and they are willing to give me a refund or send me another pair.

However, it seems they know they suck themselves.

Just return them immediately.

If you need something fast, I also got the AMZER and they work a lot better, not perfect but much much better.

The SmartphoneExperts are horrible.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I was just about to create a new post for this. I received my Smartphone Experts 3 pack and found that the microphone hole is cut on the wrong side.

What a bunch of idiots.
    This is a great post and now you've got me thinking what screen protector I purchased last week. I received in already, but haven't had the time to install. I'm going to look at this tonight to find out if I have the same product and same problem.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I had the exact same problem too! I thought I was losing my mind! LOL. I called and they are sending a replacement. How could this happen?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    A little review would be nice.
    Well, I'd gone ahead and put a bestskinsever on my pre and I'm loving it, although nothing is as beautiful as a bare pre!

I got another pre in today for a different user and I tried out my backwards Smartphone Experts screen protector. Using it backing-side up it was very, very bubbly and the edges did not stick well.

So I went ahead and cut out a mic hole on another and put it on backing-side down. But it didn't matter, each side had the same adhesion. It easily stretches when installing, bubbles are hard to push out as you lay it down, and the edges do not stick. I'm going to put my second bestskinsever on this device. So I really think these Smartphone Experts screen protectors are completely deficient - they're only marginally better than the temporary protector that the pre ships with.

I have another pre coming in next week, along with some Boxwave Crystal screen protectors. I'll let you know how those work out.

john
    I have new Smartphone screen protectors on the way. Their customer service rep just told me to keep the old ones and if I wanted, cut out the hole in the correct place and use it until my replacements arrive.

So, I did. I cleaned the Pre with a Microfiber cloth, put the screen protector on and it was bubble city. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get all the bubbles out but didn't have much luck.

I had an idea....I put it on the Touchstone for the night and when I woke up, I'd say that 95% of the bubbles were gone. I think the heat from charging made it adhere better and the bubbles to disappear.

I'm guessing that a few more nights of charging may get rid of the rest of the bubbles, time will tell.

So, when I get the replacements, I'll know by then if I'll like them or not. So far, so good.
    I ordered protective skins for my Palm Pre but ordered them from the Everythingpre.com store and the brand is BodyGuardz. They were $24.95 and there were 2 front and backs cut exactly right. When I read this original thread I ran home and checked to see if I had the same ones as you guys talked about - obviously not!