1.    #1  
    Well I bought a Sprint Pre Chrger yesterday, the Sprint Manager told me that I could not use any other charger... i looked @ the specs on the charger, its 5v and .8 mAh... well I plugged the phone up and its started sweating... not for real, but it got hot... my wifes charger which is a pro charger from rocketfish, is 5v .6 mAh, I think and I used it a few weeks ago... no sweating, the manager told me yesterday that the pro charger would fry the phone.. but if the phone is getting hot, what is that doing frying the battery... anybody else notice heat issues with the sprint car charger
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Well I bought a Sprint Pre Chrger yesterday, the Sprint Manager told me that I could not use any other charger... i looked @ the specs on the charger, its 5v and .8 mAh... well I plugged the phone up and its started sweating... not for real, but it got hot... my wifes charger which is a pro charger from rocketfish, is 5v .6 mAh, I think and I used it a few weeks ago... no sweating, the manager told me yesterday that the pro charger would fry the phone..
    The official 12v Pre charger from Palm (Model Number: 3453WW) is rated at 5v/1000mAh so I'm thinking you have been given a heaping pile of BS so someone could make a daily quota or something.

Also, you need to move the decimal point out a few place on your power ratings above :-)
    The phone just gets warm in general when charging which I believe to be normal. Also I have the Seidio car charger at a fraction of the price, works great!
    I might be crazy, but since I stopped useing the aftermarket car charger my battery life has really improved, and will make it through the day no problem.

I don't know the specs on my car charger, it's one I have had for a while but it showed the charge icon but would loose battery life while using bluetooth stereo, so I ditched it and am getting a touchstone to hook up in my truck.
  5. huh
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Any car chargers direct from the manufacturer are generally heavily overpriced. My suggestion, determine the DC output (in this case 5V 1A) and find a usb adapter that can output the same. I highly suggest monoprice.com as they have micro usb cables for under $2 and the appropriate 5V/1A usb adapter (car lighter to female regular USB) for under $3. That is a lot cheaper and more flexible then the 'official' model. I can attest to its stability as I bought two sets.
    I am using the monoprice usb cigarette adapter and it gets really hot. The pre gets warm as well, but the adapter is ridiculous. Anyone here experience this?