Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I just received my Seidio Holster review, and wanted to give you guys my thoughts on it.

    Shipping
    Well, I just wanted to point this out, because it may help some of you who are interested in purchasing the Seidio Holster. I originally ordered the holster 8 days before it shipped. I complained on these forums and Seidio asked me to PM them with my order info. I did, and it shipped the next day and arrived very quickly. So kudos to the CS person(s) on these forums.

    Hardware Quality
    I had a Seidio holster for my Treo and loved it, so I knew this holster would be of high quality, and it does not disappoint. The whole body is encased in a rubbery feel, similar to the touchstone backplate of the Pre. The springs, however, are a little stiff. I am assuming these will loosen up over time, but they dont make sit too easy getting the Pre in and out quickly.



    The foam on the interior of the case is nice, but it does not extend to the bottom of the case, neglecting the gesture area and button in the center of the Pre. I have only had the holster for a day now, so I cannot comment on whether this will scratch that area over time. It is indented, so they may help with the contact of the two surfaces.




    Also, Sedio put a large "screen faces inward design" sticker in the middle of the felt. There is no way to peel the sticker off without taking off quite a bit of felt with it. Now I have a nice sized chunk of felt that looks worn in the middle of the case, where most of the screen will be touching. Seidio, put the sticker on the box or bottom place where the felt does not cover.

    Other than that, the holster feels durable and should last quite a long time. Overall, I am very happy with the quality of the holster "hardware."

    Fit
    The fit of the case is great. It is held very snug and feels rock solid when the Pre is being held in it. I do not see my Pre falling out.



    I have the touchstone backplate on my Pre, and I notice that the rubber stopper on the top arm that hold the Pre in place gets caught a little bit on the rubber of the touchstone backplate. A small little nudge makes everything nice and snug, but I wonder if the two rubber materials will end up wearing one another away over a long period of time.



    Most of the Pre's buttons can be touched while in the holster, but Seidio blatantly blocks the headphone jack. Turning the Pre upside down alleviates this issue, but that is not an ideal solution. If you plan to use headphones while you have your Pre in a case, I would not choose the Seidio holster.

    My main concern before getting the holster was how easy it would be to double tap the power button to dismiss an incoming call. I am happy to report, there is a lot of clearance and is easy to hit the power button while in the holster.



    Overall

    Overall, I think the Seidio holster is an attractive case that offers good protection with seemingly high durability. There are a few things I do not like about it, like the sticker applied to the felt, the rubber stopper + rubber touchstone backplate issue, and the blockage of the headphone port. But considering the Pre case market does not have a lot of quality choices out there, I recommend the Seidio Holster for its attractiveness, snug fit, and high durability.

    Thanks again for the good Customer Service, Seidio. Good CS is much appreciated.


    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  2. #2  
    Yeah, that holster is great. Wanted to mention again a usability trick for it.

    The trick I just implemented is to cut off the little plastic piece preventing the clip from rotating more than 90 degrees, and flipping the whole clip 180 degrees.

    That way the Pre will live "head down" so to speak (yes, the Palm logo will be upside down, but oh well), and the spring clip will also be on the "bottom". That puts it in the perfect placement to open with your index finger while you remove the phone, and also the phone is oriented correctly in your hand to raise to your ear. Snapping it back in the holster also feels more natural that way.

    I did the same on my Centro holster which was one of the reasons I loved it so much.
  3. tarpon6's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm going to pick one of these us as soon as they have another discount coupon.
  4. #4  
    Uhm...big no no for me that thing.... the 3.5mm jack is completely covered....how can you walk around and listen to music with that thing? I always listen to music while cutting grass.... I am staying with the pouch that came with my HTC Touch!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpon6 View Post
    I'm going to pick one of these us as soon as they have another discount coupon.
    From seidio guy on the forums :
    There is actually a coupon code good until the end of the month to take 10% your entire order of $50 or more on our website. Feel free to use it and pass it around! ITB0630
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Uhm...big no no for me that thing.... the 3.5mm jack is completely covered....how can you walk around and listen to music with that thing? I always listen to music while cutting grass.... I am staying with the pouch that came with my HTC Touch!
    Your HTC Touch pouch has a place open for the 3.5mm jack? Sounds like I need one of those too! I always listen to music on the go.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Uhm...big no no for me that thing.... the 3.5mm jack is completely covered....how can you walk around and listen to music with that thing? I always listen to music while cutting grass.... I am staying with the pouch that came with my HTC Touch!
    Stereo Bluetooth... Problem Solved

    The Touch Side Pouch does fit it perfect
  8. #8  
    Thanks for the very informative review. I have been using Seidio products for a couple of years now and must say that their holsters are wonderful. I would have really like to have seen Seidio make the top clip with a cutout to allow access to the headset jack. I am surprised that Seidio did not include this feature because on my Blackberry Seidio holsters there is a cutout for the speaker. But I take issue with Palm's location choice for the jack because most cases or pouches have flaps or tabs that cover top center on the phone. But I would definitely buy this holster if I was going to keep my Pre.
  9. #9  
    Naw...I like the simplicity and lower price of regular headphones. I was thinking about a bluetooth solution for a while, but then decided against it. Main reason is that the bluetooth ones are so big externally. I usually listen to music while cutting my grass, so the headphones must be small enough so that the protective ear muff thingies fit on top of them.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Uhm...big no no for me that thing.... the 3.5mm jack is completely covered....how can you walk around and listen to music with that thing? I always listen to music while cutting grass.... I am staying with the pouch that came with my HTC Touch!
    Do not stay with HTC touch pouch as Seidio plans to release a Pre holster with audio Jack access next week or so . Thanks for all the feedbacks provided by the members of this forums - greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/23/2009 at 11:25 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Do not stay with HTC touch pouch as Seidio plans to release a Pre holster with audio Jack access next week or so . Thanks for all the feedbacks provided by the members of this forums - greatly appreciated.
    Seriously!? What the hell... That info would have been nice to have a week ago...
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  12. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Do not stay with HTC touch pouch as Seidio plans to release a Pre holster with audio Jack access next week or so . Thanks for all the feedbacks provided by the members of this forums - greatly appreciated.
    SWEET!! And I'm still within my 30 days to return the Palm leather pouch.

    Pre-orders or pictures of the new case yet? (I know, I'm never satisfied! lol)


    Edit - Ok, just checked the Seidio Website and found the place holder for the new case. I notice it has been asterisked with a note, "Seidio cannot guarantee computability and fitment of any third party headsets." Does the included Palm headset represent a "Third Party Headset"?

    BTW, MUCHO THANKS to Seidio for being so responsive to the community!
    Last edited by Spazo; 06/23/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: New info...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    SWEET!! And I'm still within my 30 days to return the Palm leather pouch.

    Pre-orders or pictures of the new case yet? (I know, I'm never satisfied! lol)


    Edit - Ok, just checked the Seidio Website and found the place holder for the new case. I notice it has been asterisked with a note, "Seidio cannot guarantee computability and fitment of any third party headsets." Does the included Palm headset represent a "Third Party Headset"?

    BTW, MUCHO THANKS to Seidio for being so responsive to the community!
    Hello,

    We meant we cannot guarantee products' fitment from parties other than Palm and Seidio (i.e. third parties).
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    Seriously!? What the hell... That info would have been nice to have a week ago...
    Hello,

    Thank you for your interest and we are sorry that we didn't make the announcement sooner. This holster was a direct result of customer suggestions and feedbacks and our engineers were able to design something that's functional and still aesthetically appealing in a very short amount of time. We will continue to have the current holster on sale for those that don't use headsets and will start pre ordering soon for the new ones!

    If you would like, please send me a PM with your order information and we will be more than happy to see if we can get an exchange going for you.
  15. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #15  
    WIN!!

    Has this problem from the OP been considered / addressed? I know you have to put these on there for the "lowest common denominator" of purchasers but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    ... Also, Sedio put a large "screen faces inward design" sticker in the middle of the felt. There is no way to peel the sticker off without taking off quite a bit of felt with it. Now I have a nice sized chunk of felt that looks worn in the middle of the case, where most of the screen will be touching. Seidio, put the sticker on the box or bottom place where the felt does not cover.
  16. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #16  
    Two questions:

    1) You say it fits good, but would you keep your pre on there if you were on a roller coaster?

    2) Any experience on the fit if you have an invisible shield on ?
  17. #17  
    Invisible shield should make no difference if it's correctly installed.
    The spring portion may eventually rub part of the shield, but it should still be ok.

    Yes, I would still keep my phone on if on a roller coaster. The Pre will not come out of the holster. The holster, however may come off your belt, but it shouldn't.

    As for the audio thing- the pre is like a pebble. You can insert it upside down and voila, the audio jack is now available for use.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Two questions:

    1) You say it fits good, but would you keep your pre on there if you were on a roller coaster?

    2) Any experience on the fit if you have an invisible shield on ?
    I wear my holsters in my pocket and clip the arm on the outside of my pocket, so yeah, I would wear it on a roller coaster. The fit is very snug though, at least with my 3 days of use with it. It wont fall out walking or running around.

    I have the touchstone backplate on, which I think increases the width slighlty, and it fits fine. So if you dont have the touchstone backplate but you have a screen protector, i don't think you will have any issues. If you have both, I am not sure.
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  19. #19  
    I have purchased multiple seidio holsters and cases through the years for various Treo models I have had. One thing that I always hope Seidio would do is to use a softer material for its holsters. The ones I have purchased in the past were always the hard plastic which tend to rub the coating of the phone off after months of use. Can the OP verify that the material used this time is the same soft rubber coating used in the touchstone compatible backplate? IIRC, this is the same material used on the coating for the Treo 750. Can the OP confirm this?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I have purchased multiple seidio holsters and cases through the years for various Treo models I have had. One thing that I always hope Seidio would do is to use a softer material for its holsters. The ones I have purchased in the past were always the hard plastic which tend to rub the coating of the phone off after months of use. Can the OP verify that the material used this time is the same soft rubber coating used in the touchstone compatible backplate? IIRC, this is the same material used on the coating for the Treo 750. Can the OP confirm this?
    Yes, the Seidio holster is coated with a soft rubbery texture. I believe its the spray on-rubber, so over time, it will probably rub away. It does make it softer though, and easy to hold in the hand. I don't think it will rub the material off of the phone.
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions