Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I have two Pioneer AVIC Z1 and Z3 in my vehicles and I can't get either one to pair with my Pre. No matter how I try to either start the pairing through the phone or the nav system neither one will work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    my DEH-P980BT has issues too... BT is so wishy-washy it seems. Mine won't auto-connect... can't stream music either...
    I have the f700bt and it has been smooth sailing. The units paired up instantly, was able to download all of my contacts and have had no problems both units synch with no problems. I had the treo 755p before this and nothing but problems the intial pairing took forever and probably about 60% of the time my phone would freeze when they tried to synch and never had problems with just a basic bt headset.
    The only suggestion that I can make if you havn't done so already is to check pioeneers website for any firmware updates. I know on the f series they released a couple of updates since the radio launched.
    Firmware updates... They never release them for the ones I buy
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I got it to pair !!!! I turned on the bluetooth on my phone then I went to the registration section of the Z3 and I then went to initiate the pairing from my navi to look for my phone and it showed up on the list and I entered the pin from navi on the screen of my pre and it works wonderfully. It also doesnt ask each time but automatically pairs the phone without any trusted list activity. I just turn my vette on and the AVIC looks for and pairs with the pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
    I got it to pair !!!! I turned on the bluetooth on my phone then I went to the registration section of the Z3 and I then went to initiate the pairing from my navi to look for my phone and it showed up on the list and I entered the pin from navi on the screen of my pre and it works wonderfully. It also doesnt ask each time but automatically pairs the phone without any trusted list activity. I just turn my vette on and the AVIC looks for and pairs with the pre!
    Um this is the normal procedure.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    you dont know ho wmany times I tried it before I got the navi to recognize my phone and have it show up on the screen and have it connect. It must have been 30 times...
    I got my Avic-F500bt to connect to my Pre and it worked for my contacts and I can make calls. I had to setup the bluetooth through my Avic unit, then it picked up the Pre. Doing it the other way did not work.

I am going to try this, They should do that: Home Audio Archives, since the F-series avic units dont support A2DP, to try and get my Palm Pre to sync with my car. I want to stream wirelessly with pandora. Hopefully I can get some form of audio playback control. I am currently using an aux input for the car and pandora. Wish me luck, going to Sprint to see if they have it in stock. I will keep everyone posted. One guy got it to work on his Iphone 3Gs, dont see why a Pre wouldn't work.
    Good news and bad news

Good news: I got it to work on my palm pre. Just turned the bluetooth on my pre. The Pre searched for devices and found "FIPO" on phone and instantly connected. I didnt have to punch any pin number. After connection established I went into AV icon on avicf500bt and it gave me the option to turm on AV at bottom. I touched it and the car played music from pandora.

Bad news: As superjet stated earlier, streaming already compressed music gave crappy quality. How do I know? I connected the 3.5mm jack to Pre and the music was clearer and louder than bluetooth streaming, it was overwhelmingly obvious.

Final Verdict: Will most likely return the sprint bluetooth adapter. The audio difference using a cable over streaming bluetooth was significantly better. I am just going to add another 3.5mm jack to my car since I have two preouts. I hope this is helpful to everyone.
    I have a AVIC-D3....First I had to delete the saved 800w settings...reboot the Bluetooth module just to make sure. My Pre connected on the first try and it automatically connects when I get in the car. Priceless!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have a Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT working with the Pre in my car and I think it's great.

Full voice dialing to anyone in your contact list by name or number. Full hands free in the car. The audio mutes when you are on a call and comes back just as soon as you hang up.

A2DP audio streaming from the Pre's internal music storeage or through internet radio through Pandora. It works just great. I highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    my DEH-P980BT has issues too... BT is so wishy-washy it seems. Mine won't auto-connect... can't stream music either...
    It sounds like you need to "register" your phone with the car radio. It's different that just pairing your phone with the car radio. This is a two step process with older Pioneer car radios.

I recommend going back and starting the pairing process from the beginning. Just after you have entered your password (0000) turn the Pioneer car radio's volume knob to the right. You should see "Set Phone, P1" and "No Data". Press the volume knob in and the phone will be registered. It should then auto-reconnect.