Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I dont think people know this, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but if you go to "Device Info" and then hit "More Info" at the bottom, under the Hardware section right under the Bluetooth Mac address, it lists all the supported Bluetooth profiles.

Currently it supports
    PAN, A2DP, HFP, HSP, PBAP, AVRCP
    My current app aims at leveraging the AVRCP profile heavily. My Sony s710a used to have an amazing BT remote control functionality built in out the box, and I want to replicate that and then build on top of that...bluetooth is very underrated.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was hoping to set up PAN such that it allowed me to bridge to the internet via my LAN connected work computer (to make up for spotty Sprint service inside my building.) An "Auth Error" came up on the phone saying my Sprint service account prohibited "internet connection sharing". I thought the big concern was going the other way where the laptop was trying to gain internet access thru the Sprint network (toggling??). Anybody know what's up with that?
  4. qqq
    you can ignore that message if all you're trying to do is get your phone and computer talking to each other over bluetooth networking (the PAN profile) It still works.

probably easier to just use wifi if you have it, though.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, can new profiles be added through firmware updates or is there a specific deficiency with the Pre's bluetooth hardware that will not allow that? I would really like ftp and opp added in the future.
    Can any one tell me what the pbap profile is for. I understand the rest of them, but have never used this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    Can any one tell me what the pbap profile is for. I understand the rest of them, but have never used this one.
    It is for transferring your phone book to other devices. Such as a car stereo.