Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    Sup guys.

    Just want to warn anyone thinking about getting the Zagg Invisible shield for the pre. This is coming from my personal experience only, so you may have different results (though I doubt it).

    I bought one of these little devils at Best Buy. I paid the 7 dollar charge to have them install it, because I was to scared to do it myself. The employee had only done one pre before, so it was pretty much his first time with it as well. Long story short, the edges are ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to line up and have them stick properly. Seriously, the design is so terrible the edges just wont stay. It ended up looking like ****, but I thought maybe the bubbles and imperfections would resolve themselves within the 24 hour period.

    It got better in a day, but it still looked like crap. Almost unbearable. So I took my phone in again and had them take it off and reinstall a new one for free.......

    Once again, the edges would not stay on, and it looked like ****. Also, the process of putting these shields on requires a HEAVY usage of the spray lubricant, which can get into the earpiece and other electronics. So, I had my second IS taken off right then and there.

    Heres the holy **** what the **** part....I went to make a call, and what do you know, the earpiece is completely shot. No sound coming out of it. ****. The spray used in the processes had surely ****ed it up. So now I had a broken phone. Dont worry though, I got a free new one that same day from sprint

    tldr: DONT BUY INVISIBLE SHIELD FOR PRE. THE DESIGN IS HORRIBLE AND WILL NOT STAY, AND IT COULD RUIN YOUR PHONES ELECTRONICS.

    Thanks.
  2. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #2  
    mine works perfect and looks awesome......

    sounds like you are not to bright.
  3.    #3  
    Note I had no part in putting the shield on, the best buy mobile guys who do 100's of these shields did both.
  4. #4  
    Shouldn't have let Best Buy install it then. Sucks for you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Shouldn't have let Best Buy install it then. Sucks for you.
    Haha not really. I got a brand new phone and all my money back from BB. Just wanted to share my experience cause I wouldnt want anyone doing the same
  6. #6  
    I did my own yesterday and, yes, there are some bubbles, but it looks fine and I am having no problem with the phone.
    I watched the how-to videos and read the posts here, which gave me the confidence I knew what I was doing.
    I think the caution is to make sure you do your research before installing any skin.
  7. #7  
    Mine's fine and the edges stuck well. You obviously aren't supposed to dump the spray on the phone and let it get in the holes, the people at BB must be retarted. I'm a 16 year old kid and I could figure that out.
  8. showergel's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #8  
    Don't the instructions say to apply the spray to the adhesive side of the film and *not* the Pre?

    When I bought it for my Sony Video Walkman, it went on without a hitch. If you're the über careful type, you could have always used a small piece of masking tape to cover the speaker hole. The mic hole would require a little more finesse.
  9. #9  
    just one question?.. when he installed it for you was your pre turn off?.. i've installed the shield on many phones, and laptops, and one think i make sure is leave it off, and after installing it.. leave it off for like 8 hours atleast for any liquids that do get in to dry off
  10. rmp459's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    mine works perfect and looks awesome......

    sounds like you are not to bright.
    THIS. Mine is perfect anyone who has experience with decals and tints would know it is not a one step application
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrohl View Post
    Sup guys.

    Just want to warn anyone thinking about getting the Zagg Invisible shield for the pre. This is coming from my personal experience only, so you may have different results (though I doubt it).

    I bought one of these little devils at Best Buy. I paid the 7 dollar charge to have them install it, because I was to scared to do it myself. The employee had only done one pre before, so it was pretty much his first time with it as well. Long story short, the edges are ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to line up and have them stick properly. Seriously, the design is so terrible the edges just wont stay. It ended up looking like ****, but I thought maybe the bubbles and imperfections would resolve themselves within the 24 hour period.

    It got better in a day, but it still looked like crap. Almost unbearable. So I took my phone in again and had them take it off and reinstall a new one for free.......

    Once again, the edges would not stay on, and it looked like ****. Also, the process of putting these shields on requires a HEAVY usage of the spray lubricant, which can get into the earpiece and other electronics. So, I had my second IS taken off right then and there.

    Heres the holy **** what the **** part....I went to make a call, and what do you know, the earpiece is completely shot. No sound coming out of it. ****. The spray used in the processes had surely ****ed it up. So now I had a broken phone. Dont worry though, I got a free new one that same day from sprint

    tldr: DONT BUY INVISIBLE SHIELD FOR PRE. THE DESIGN IS HORRIBLE AND WILL NOT STAY, AND IT COULD RUIN YOUR PHONES ELECTRONICS.

    Thanks.
    I hate to tell you but in the instructions it does say to make sure your phone is completely powered off before applying the spray. It also says to leave your phone off over night after applying the shield.
  12. #12  
    You can't blame Invisible Shield for your phone getting broken. I have that same screen cover on my Pre and it is almost flawless. And yes, everything still works perfectly. The title of this thread is very misleading... It should be "Caution: Don't let liquids get into your electronics"
  13. #13  
    did mine myself and it came out fine, the sides and corners were no trouble at all, I didn't use the spray (or sponge that came with mine), i used a dish of mild dish soap in water and a hair dryer to help dry the corners faster to get the to stick quicker( used it on the underside of the corners before i stuck them down. took me only like 20 mins to do the whole phone and looks great!
  14. #14  
    Bad install. Moving on.
  15. #15  
    I know of one alternative for sure that doesn't use a solution to apply, boxwave. They have one for the pre now. I ordered mine yesturday. I have one on my palm T5 PDA as well. It is removable, washable and reapplyable. I tried out I.S. (full body kit) on my blackberry and the edges west dust magnets and the dust got under the edges and stuck to the adhesive side. Box wave clings to the device much like a window cling thing does to a window.

    Another possible alternative is clarivue I think it is the same style as boxwave. But as of yesturday still don't have it up for order yet they assured me they were working on it and would have them real soon and thant was told to me on launch day of the pre.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/21/2009 at 02:24 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrohl View Post
    Haha not really. I got a brand new phone and all my money back from BB. Just wanted to share my experience cause I wouldnt want anyone doing the same
    there are many people on this board, including me, who have success with this product. To create a new thread, when there are plenty on the same topic and telling people not to use it helps no one.

    If you read the other threads, you would know that the IS looks better as it dries. Mine looked liked crap after I put it on, but after 3 days it looks great. I didn't get it perfectly straight, but I took an exacto knife and trimmed the edges and you can't even tell.

    Just keep in mind you can share your experience without trying to say don't buy this.
  17. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #17  
    The title of this thread shouldn't be 'CAUTION: Invisible Shield.' It should be 'CAUTION: Best Buy Installation of IS.' All of the shield products use a solution to get it on the phone. Its not just IS.
  18. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #18  
    I purchased the invisible shield and installed it myself (first time installer) after reading several threads here. I use very little of the spray and it went on fine. I had no trouble what so ever putting the corners on, everything lined up fine for me. In the instructional video they tell you to wait about five minutes before applying the corners and using the inside of your palm to mold the shield to the corner for 30 seconds.

    That said being my first time installing one I left a rather large bubble in the middle of the screen which refused to disappear after 5 days. I took it off yesterday and IS is sending me a replacement shield. Now that I have more experience I plan on installing it again as soon as it gets here. I love the feel and the protection.
  19. #19  
    My first installation came out great. Trick is use A LOT of spray! I used half of the stuff per side. ( I did both front and touchstone back). Some of the bubbles took over 2 weeks to go away so be patient. So that means don't scratch them with your nails, this will stretch the cover and look bad when the bubble disappears.

    My two cents....



    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    mine works perfect and looks awesome......

    sounds like you are not to bright.
    Pot, kettle, black.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions