Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I kept the screen protector that came with my Pre on the phone till my InvisibleShield came yesterday. I put the IS on the phone, and it went on perfectly, but there was a little bit of dust under it and the IS itself had these weird streaks in it. Anyways, I didn't like the way it looked, so I took it off. I really like the way the phone looks without the IS, and I have the touchstone back so fingerprints don't really bother me, so I'm thinking of not putting another screen protector on. Is anyone else leaving the screen unprotected? How scratch resistant is the screen? I need to know that I'm not crazy.
    no screen protector for me
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    That's why I always tell people to clean their devices with rubbing alcohol first before you put any skin on.
    I'm not using a screen protector and have had the phone since launch. I keep my phone in a generic Target holster with a magnetic flap. I'm pretty careful and have had no scratches so far (knock on wood).
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I never have used screen protectors; in my nearly 7 years of large, touch screen smart phone devices I have never scratched my screen. I have seen others who have though <ugh>
    I have the Invisible Shield on my Pre and I hate it. The way they cut the corners make it virtually impossible to get a good fit on the phone.

I have a BSE shield coming and will try that one. The corners are cut differently and should go on much nicer.

If things don't work out with the BSE, I will go without.
    Last edited by Pioneer; 06/21/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    My Pre may as well be streaking!

No, but seriously, even when I had the first 2 iPhone's I never ever used screen protectors - nor will I for the Pre. I just take good care of it and polish often. Looks/works better without one. I DO, however, have the Rocketfish snap on case from Best Buy on it and it's amazing. Covers everything without making phone bulky and leaves access to gesture area, micro-USB port, volume rocker, headphone jack, ringer switch, and power button! It's nice, black, and came with holster that clips to your belt that you can snap it into when not in use!
    I'm not using a screen protector......never did going all the way back to the PalmPilot. I use a microfiber cloth and glass plus to clean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtobin View Post
    I'm not using a screen protector......never did going all the way back to the PalmPilot. I use a microfiber cloth and glass plus to clean it.
    I hope that glass plus doesn't contain ammonia, ammonia and plastic don't mix well, in time it will cloud it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, feeling better about my decision. The corners of the IS were ugly. Plus, they were kind of tacky and would collect lint/dust I think.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I did not want a screen protector either and I thought the screen was looking good without any scratches. Than I looked close and there where small light scratches. Could hardly see them but they where there. So I bought some clear covers that fit the iphone and cut them to size. I just cut it to fit the screen only so the gesture are still naked and I love it.
    I had one of those amzer anti glare protectors on, but it looked horrible in direct light so I took it off. It doesnt have an adhesive, it like one of those cling protectors, similar to the one that came on the phone but more flexible. I had a screen protector on my Treo 755 and when I looked at it, the marks it got was from me pressing too hard with the stylus, mostly when playing bejewelled. Since we dont use a stylus, I figured I don't have to worry about scratches, so I'm leaving it off for now.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    No ammonia in Glass Plus.............I also use it on my granite kitchen tops........you can't use ammonia on granite.

Don't touch it with Windex........it has ammonia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood11 View Post
    Thanks guys, feeling better about my decision. The corners of the IS were ugly. Plus, they were kind of tacky and would collect lint/dust I think.
    nothing on my phone. I do keep it in that little orange/black bag that came with it. It's doing fine.
    You should really consider using the ghost armor. Thats what i put on mine, and it looks perfect. No bubbles, no streaks, nada...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I never use screen protection. I believe the only foolproof way to eliminate the risks of scratching my Pre is to abstain from using it.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood11 View Post
    I kept the screen protector that came with my Pre ...
    Hey my Pre didn't come with a screen protector. What gives?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The thin piece of plastic that was on the screen.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    I think they mean the cheap plastic film they use for packaging. Yours probably had one but either you took it off or the store took it off when they set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    He's talking about the plastic sheet applied by the manufacturer to protect the screen.

If yours didn't have it when you bought it, it was either pulled off by the person selling it to you, or you have a used unit.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast