1.    #1  
    Okay, So I love My Portable "Think Outside" Stowaway Keyboard. It works great with my WINMO devices and wanted to try it out on my Pre. I put a fresh battery into my keyboard, placed it inparing mode & Whella... "Can't detect any devices" or whatever it says when it can't connect

This is getting tired really fast! I know that this a new OS & it takes time for development but BT should have been working more efficiently than this. There are times that I don't wanna hold the phone & text or type docs. I should have the option of connecting a BT keyboard. My other gripes include but are not limited to:

- Notification Sounds
    - Copy/Paste Limitations
    -No Msg Forwarding options

If these issues were fixed, I'd be more comfortable calling this device an "iphone killer" I still believe the phone blows Apple's iPhone out the water, but I strongly believe that these functions should have been available straight out the gate! Do I believe PALM/Sprint will address the issues...YES. My concern is when, dammit.

Do I still love my PRE? Hell Yea.
    Am I a lil' disappointed? Obviously.
    Will I stick it out & give PALM a shot to satisfy PRE owners? Yes.
    What made mw swith to PRE? Tired of WINMO buggy programming!

Comments Welcomed.. Thanks for reading.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent From My Palm Pre using On Board Keypad of course!
    I'm willing to bet that the number of people who would use a BT keyboard is very small. As such, I can see why it's not a priority.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I'm willing to bet you're wrong. External keyboards for Palm devices (dating back to PiloKey using the Newton keyboard) have done very well, because many of *us* depend on our Palm handhelds for serious notetaking and writing, beyond that convenient using a thumbboard or Graffiti. Given that there is a reference in the source code to the HIDD Keypad profile, I'm optimistic that eventually, there will be BT keyboard support. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I would like a BT keyboard too. Fooling around the BT assistant I managed to get the Pre to see my Dell BT Keyboard and to pair with it, however there are no available profiles so the phone doesn't accept any input from the keyboard. If someone could figure out how to enable the HIDD profile it would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfJonathan View Post
    I'm willing to bet you're wrong. External keyboards for Palm devices (dating back to PiloKey using the Newton keyboard) have done very well, because many of *us* depend on our Palm handhelds for serious notetaking and writing, beyond that convenient using a thumbboard or Graffiti. Given that there is a reference in the source code to the HIDD Keypad profile, I'm optimistic that eventually, there will be BT keyboard support. {ProfJonathan}
    Don't get me wrong...I've been using BT keyboards since my Treo 600, and love them. I'm simply stating that, when you look at sheer numbers / demand, this wouldn't be highest on their list. In all of my years using PDA's, I've never come across anyone in my work environment (other than me, of course) that ever used a BT keyboard.

I think it'll be along eventually, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be very soon.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I personally think having the BT keyboard is great. I'm trying to run 2 business's and some of my e-mails with Chatter are rather lengthy...aside from always having to pair the KB with my Treo 755, it is great to type long e-mails with the external keyboard. I'm much fast and more accurate with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidvash View Post
    I would like a BT keyboard too. Fooling around the BT assistant I managed to get the Pre to see my Dell BT Keyboard and to pair with it, however there are no available profiles so the phone doesn't accept any input from the keyboard. If someone could figure out how to enable the HIDD profile it would be awesome!
    That's really exciting. Did you have root access turned on at the time? {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I am looking for a BT keyboard and would like to know if one that works for other phones will work for this one? I found some on ebay for the Treo.
    Originally posted by htbc:
    I am looking for a BT keyboard and would like to know if one that works for other phones will work for this one? I found some on ebay for the Treo.
    Sadly, because the current bluetooth profile on the Pre only looks for audio devices, we can not connect to a wireless keyboard. Considering the current lack of text completer and spell check, connecting to a bluetooth keyboard would be a major plus.

When the profile becomes available, I suggest the iGo or Thinkoutside keyboard. Until that time, save your money.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I would also use one.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'd love the option of using a pocketable BT keyboard with the Pre. It'd be great for taking notes at meetings.
    Several of my colleagues and use/used BT keyboards with our Blackberries. I like, and sometimes love, my Pre, but the absence of a BT keyboard is really frustrating and inhibiting.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Still also really hoping we see bluetooth keyboard support soon. Doubt it will come this year, but still want this feature.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    lets hope so, precentral being the largest pre community im sure palm devs see some of the posts. And the recent headline story about the bt keyboard incompatibility maybe they will get it hammered out. i hope so i picked a palm brand bt kb for $10 on slickdeals.net one day.
    should have bought 3 of them
    they still retail for 60 or 70
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    We sure need the keyboard. I still use my old Palm Vx with the keyboard I'd purchased years ago. I sure hope they get this and get a good method to port over my notes.
    I still have my stowaway. Would be great to someday use it.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    This would be amazings if the keyboard bluetooth was compatible with the palm pre. id **** my pants.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    That's really exciting. Did you have root access turned on at the time? {ProfJonathan}

anyone know?!?!?!!
    Bummer - I just pulled out my old IStoway and was searching on easiest way to hook up and read no go - bummer

I used the heck out of this, great for business correspondence when on vacation so no need to haul laptop, look for computer kiosks, etc. Both fit in my purse so well!!

We need the connectivity, it cannot be that big a deal to implement, but then I am not a computer whiz.

Hopefully someone reading this can do a Homebrew app like so many other useful apps.