1.    #1  
    i've got my bodyguardz on for a couple of days, and some of the corner edges won't stay down. i've tried putting a drop of water and trying to hold it down with my finger, but it keeps coming back up. is there a trick to get them to stay down? the rest of the screen is perfect, no bubbles, no haze. thanks for any tips.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    when I did my instinct and curve with BSE and the other with Invisible shield, I put saran wrap around the phone when I first placed the protector on, keeping it secure to the phone when I wasn't using it.
    You have to hold the edges down with your finger for a long time. Like really really long. Eventually they get so sticky that they'll stay perfectly flush.
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    ...I put saran wrap around the phone...

Great idea, Too late for mine but I'll do this on my wife's Pre.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enarez View Post
    You have to hold the edges down with your finger for a long time. Like really really long. Eventually they get so sticky that they'll stay perfectly flush.
    Agreed, persistence is key with these plastic protectors. It might not have the adhesive anymore and you may have to rip and use another. Just make sure to hold them down for a while until they start sticking if you do it again.
    I had the invisibl shield before, no real good luck. I might try this one.
  7.    #7  
    i had a feeling it might not have any more adhesive, so i was wondering if there is any kind of adhesive we could use. i just dont want it to get any worse and end up peeling.
    If you let the edges dry a little after you put the fron on. Just keep checking on it about every 10 to 15 min. There is an install video on the Bodygaurdz website to show this. Here it is.

BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Palm Pre | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields | Full Body and Screen Protection
  9.    #9  
    so i think i may have got the edges to stay down. i basically put a little bit of glue stick and put it on the corner, and then put a piece of tape around the corner and let it sit overnight. it seems to have kept it down. i really wish i had down the seran wrap method in the first place, but for anyone that its too late for that, this might be an option. i dont know how well the glue will come off the phone if the bodyguardz ever needs to come off for some reason, so its at ur own risk.
    Has anyone tried the palming technique for the edges? It worked well for me when I applied my invisible shield and they haven't come off a week in.
    I just put on the bodyguardz and I must say it is not a great design. I have applied many screen protectors over the years and I really hate how some of the offerings have corners. I applied the first bodyguardz and after getting most of it on, I found out that one side was a little to long. Everything else matched up fine, but the left side had excess material that I could not fix. I did not want to take a razor to my phone to get rid of it. So I removed the protector.

I decided to take the second protector and cut the flaps off. I applied the protector and everything went on well. In my opinion, having protection on the sides is pointless and the corners will become a problem over time. I do however have to order new ones as the second protector has some defects in it. This was not caused by me cutting the sides off. Before even cutting the protector, I noticed the defects when looking at it after pulling it out of the packaging. The defects are indentations in the protector.

- Garrett
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Has anyone tried the palming technique for the edges? It worked well for me when I applied my invisible shield and they haven't come off a week in.
    whats the palming technique?
    Giggity-
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem with my BodyGuardz. Plus there are a couple of tiny spots with those teeny-tiny bubbles in there.

Does anyone know if the saran wrap technique will work for me if I applied my BodyGuardz two days ago?

Thanks!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I had this crazy idea of using my vacuum sealer but don't know how much force it would exert onto the device...anyone care to give it a try?
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    whats the palming technique?
    From the Zagg website:
    Begin by aligning the invisibleSHIELD in the correct position and removing as much of the excess moisture as possible. Then, apply pressure to the tabs and flaps by holding them against the palm of your hand for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This process may need to be repeated several times, but will help secure difficult pieces.

Others have even gone so far as to place saran wrap around the entire device over night, but I wouldn't do that.
    Ghost Armor has the best edges. I was unhappy with the bodyguard edges and bought the Ghost Armor instead.