Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just got a confirmation from Amazon with a UPS tracking nuber saying this was shipped. WOW the original order confirmation said 1 to 4 weeks.
    My (second) Touchstone shipped today as well. If I knew it'd be that fast I wouldn't picked up another from them.
    Just ordered mine. Crazy how I never saw this thread till now. I ordered the kit from precentral store, but needed an extra one for work. Awesome.
    SWEET! looks like I will have a touchstone running in the car by next week
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Mine shipped as well. I ordered the dock only.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    Mine shipped today as well. Nice surprise as Amazon had listed potential shipping dates as July 7-20.

Now to get a replacement wall charger so I can have a touchstone at my desk at work and one at home.......
    Looks like mine may arrive tomorrow as they are shipping from the warehouse in Hogkins IL.

I am in the same boat as you, I need another wall charger but don't know if I want to pay $40 for the one from palm. That just seems excessive. Anyone near a fry's electronics that will go get me one of the $9.99 ones that are on sale for the 800w? LOL
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Wow, that is a good price. Now I just gotta find the usb cable that will fit and put out the full 1a! Thanks for the link.

Found one from the same seller but also includes the cable: http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-PRE-AC-Wall...3%3A1|294%3A50
    Last edited by moe300; 06/22/2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Two for me. Even if I have to wait 1-4 weeks! One for the bedroom and one for the office and my original is already mounted in my SUV.
    can u show photo of this mounted in your vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So everyone that is ordering multiple ones, what are they using for chargers to connect to the extra touchstones?
    i am using my mini usb that is connected to old usb charger that charges mulit devices
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    can u show photo of this mounted in your vehicle
    Here ya go. I just mounted it with a similar tape to the other gentleman that did his car, but the tape I used is the 3M emblem mounting tape for automobiles. It will still come off without leaving residue. Here are a few pics I took with my instinct from different angles. The car charger is the sprint branded charger from the sprint store that everyone has been using "for palm micro usb phone" and is .85ma.

OK, I'm toast with my wife, but I just bought two Amazon Touchstones and another AC/cord from ebay. $80 total, but now I'm set. 1 for the car, which I'm using now, one for home and one for work.

Didn't really need the one for home given I've warmed up to charging through USB along with my Jawbone 2. But, I figure just go TS all the way and never go back. I know somebody will have a knock-off by Christmas at half the price, but oh well that's the early adopter penalty. I've done what I can. So far

• Pre - $199
    • Invisible shield $18
    • IS Installation - $10
    • Multiple Chargers (garage sale material) - $30
    • Palm Car Charger - $30
    • Seidio Holster - $32 (tax & shipping)
    • Car installation materials - $15
    • 1 Touchstone - $60
    • 2 Touchstones - $60
    • 1 AC charger with cable - $20

Total = $474

That's ridiculous, but true. Everything but the touchstones were must haves. I haven't even bought any software. I'm HOSED.

Now I need to sell my Treo 700P, my Centro, my misc cables and hopefully get this down to $350.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    OK, I'm toast with my wife, but I just bought two Amazon Touchstones and another AC/cord from ebay. $80 total, but now I'm set. 1 for the car, which I'm using now, one for home and one for work.

Didn't really need the one for home given I've warmed up to charging through USB along with my Jawbone 2. But, I figure just go TS all the way and never go back. I know somebody will have a knock-off by Christmas at half the price, but oh well that's the early adopter penalty. I've done what I can. So far

• Pre - $199
    • Invisible shield $18
    • IS Installation - $10
    • Multiple Chargers (garage sale material) - $30
    • Palm Car Charger - $30
    • Seidio Holster - $32 (tax & shipping)
    • Car installation materials - $15
    • 1 Touchstone - $60
    • 2 Touchstones - $60
    • 1 AC charger with cable - $20

Total = $474

That's ridiculous, but true. Everything but the touchstones were must haves. I haven't even bought any software. I'm HOSED.

Now I need to sell my Treo 700P, my Centro, my misc cables and hopefully get this down to $350.

Well, at least with the chargers, microUSB is set to be a standard for a pretty long time, so those should be reusable on future devices (and I'd imagine the Touchstones should be as well, as long as your next device is by Palm).

I know what you mean though, I bought the Pre, 2 Touchstones, a bunch of generic microUSB cables from monoprice, and two spare AC adapters, and a car charger for around $130 extra from what the Pre cost. And that's before buying any software!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Looks like mine may arrive tomorrow as they are shipping from the warehouse in Hogkins IL.

I am in the same boat as you, I need another wall charger but don't know if I want to pay $40 for the one from palm. That just seems excessive. Anyone near a fry's electronics that will go get me one of the $9.99 ones that are on sale for the 800w? LOL
    I used the link provided in the "Chargers that work with the Touchstone" thread -- here it is on Amazon for $2.93.

ht tp://w ww.amazon. com/gp/product/B001PBKJQ8/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
    (remove the spaces in http and www, and after amazon)

Add shipping and it's $6.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, at least with the chargers, microUSB is set to be a standard for a pretty long time, so those should be reusable on future devices (and I'd imagine the Touchstones should be as well, as long as your next device is by Palm).

I know what you mean though, I bought the Pre, 2 Touchstones, a bunch of generic microUSB cables from monoprice, and two spare AC adapters, and a car charger for around $130 extra from what the Pre cost. And that's before buying any software!
    damn. lets hope the Pre v2 is compatible with all these accessories!
    Quick question. I have two of the kits on order because I figure I get an extra back I ordered it through this website because they were $49 for the kit, while the dock alone was only $39. Do I really need the extra back? If not I will still order one kit and then order this Touchstone for $29. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    You can buy the original OEM Palm wall charger with original usb cable for 19.99 shipped: OEM PALM PRE PRO TRAVEL ADAPTER W/ USB CABLE CHARGER - eBay (item 390060976957 end time Jun-26-09 20:32:51 PDT)
    I bought one from this seller and it arrived in 3 days..
    Last edited by tarpon6; 06/24/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Husker View Post
    Quick question. I have two of the kits on order because I figure I get an extra back I ordered it through this website because they were $49 for the kit, while the dock alone was only $39. Do I really need the extra back? If not I will still order one kit and then order this Touchstone for $29. Thanks.
    I bought a full kit (Touchstone plus back) and then all you need is another Touchstone. Your second option, to be concise (though you will need an extra charger regardless).
    Sounds like I will also need the USB Cable, so I will just cancel the 2nd kit and order a couple of those.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    They just raised the price to $39.99!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast