1.    #1  
    Mods I apologize for double posting but I realized I posted this in the wrong section:

@ Seidio

Big fan here! We appreciate you taking time out to check precentral but I have one question. By any chance do you guys have a holster that enables the user to check who is calling simply by angling the pre while it is still in the holster under development?

If you remember a company called AGF manufactured a holster just like the one I am describing. Unfortunately for them, it was recalled 2 days after the Pre was launched and failed miserably.

If you guys can develop a holster like this, that would be AWESOME!

Here is a link to the holster I am describing

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/04/10...ppearance.html

Best Regards,

Brian
    i need one from incase
    On June 6th shortly after the Palm Pre launched, the Palm Pre clear acrylic front cover rachet belt clip holster was recalled. If you or someone you know has purchased one of these clip holsters at a Sprint corporate retail stores, please discontinue using it immediately and return the accessory to the nearest store with a copy of your receipt for either a full refund or an exchange. For the time being and until another belt clip holster device is released, I would strongly suggest purchasing the OEM Palm Pre leather case.
    This holster has a flaw in the way it holds the Pre which can affect the safety of the phone. 2 seconds with a heat gun will solve the problem. The black tab needs to be bent down a couple of millimeters to properly hold the clear outer cover. The black plastic used is extremely resistant to bending hence the heat gun. It can be done without the heat, but it's tougher (I did my first one this way).

The other flaw in the holster causes the phone to rattle around a wee bit. While this flaw doesn't affect safety of the Pre, I placed one small strip of the loop side of velcro on the inside and it solved this problem.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    This holster has a flaw in the way it holds the Pre which can affect the safety of the phone. 2 seconds with a heat gun will solve the problem. The black tab needs to be bent down a couple of millimeters to properly hold the clear outer cover. The black plastic used is extremely resistant to bending hence the heat gun. It can be done without the heat, but it's tougher (I did my first one this way).

The other flaw in the holster causes the phone to rattle around a wee bit. While this flaw doesn't affect safety of the Pre, I placed one small strip of the loop side of velcro on the inside and it solved this problem.
    pooch I am the least bit handy so do you feel like helping your fellow preer out? lol I'll even pay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    pooch I am the least bit handy so do you feel like helping your fellow preer out? lol I'll even pay!!!
    No problem Preman. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. You can send me the holster and I'll fix it up for you for free.

Believe me, I completely understand the convenience of a plastic holster especially this kind with the flip out holder.

Of course the best holster I ever had was the motorola Startac analog phone plastic holster. What a great design!
  7.    #8  
    No problem Preman. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. You can send me the holster and I'll fix it up for you for free.

Believe me, I completely understand the convenience of a plastic holster especially this kind with the flip out holder.

Of course the best holster I ever had was the motorola Startac analog phone plastic holster. What a great design!
    you're the man! OMG I was thinking the same thing ... my old vader 3620 holster from motorola was kick ***! I miss that phone it was sooo small LOL
    I bought two of these @ launch & I have never had my Pre jeopardized. My wife says hers has opened. I guess I will definitely return hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Mods I apologize for double posting but I realized I posted this in the wrong section:

@ Seidio

Big fan here! We appreciate you taking time out to check precentral but I have one question. By any chance do you guys have a holster that enables the user to check who is calling simply by angling the pre while it is still in the holster under development?

If you remember a company called AGF manufactured a holster just like the one I am describing. Unfortunately for them, it was recalled 2 days after the Pre was launched and failed miserably.

If you guys can develop a holster like this, that would be AWESOME!

Here is a link to the holster I am describing

Palm Pre Holster From AGF Makes an Appearance

Best Regards,

Brian
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

I have forwarded your suggestion and concern to my product engineers who will review and take it into consideration for our future product development. In the mean time, please check our sites for more details and updates!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Mind taking a pic of this? I just got one and don't think it is the older version. The clip doesn't rattle at all and the tab that holds it in seems to be pretty solid, but I'd rather make sure by doing the heat gun mod. Thanks.

Yndio