Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    So, I bought a Palm car charger and it's definitely not really charging my Pre much...like it'll keep it where it is, but it won't charge it much. Has anyone else had this issue, or am I the only one? Thanks!!
    exchange it
    I bought the palm charger too and it didn't work. going to try the one they sell at the sprint store. I don't think the one with the removable head is optimized for the pre.
    Car charger = very finicky. Not sure why.
    I bought the Palm Charger and initially it didn't work in my car. I tried it with my husbands car and now it works with mine too. I'm thinking that I didn't push the contacts in well enough the first time, but it really does work.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Okay...yeah I just can't figure it out! I thought it was the USB cord that came with, so I tried the one that came with the phone and it worked 100x better the first time...but then today it did the same thing. Weird.

Bad thing is, I threw away the box for the car charger like a dummy and my house mate dumped the trash! Oh well...maybe if I fiddle with it more it'll work out like yours did, bdhu2001... ::fingers crossed!!::
    Quote Originally Posted by mcurd0402 View Post
    Okay...yeah I just can't figure it out! I thought it was the USB cord that came with, so I tried the one that came with the phone and it worked 100x better the first time...but then today it did the same thing. Weird.

Bad thing is, I threw away the box for the car charger like a dummy and my house mate dumped the trash! Oh well...maybe if I fiddle with it more it'll work out like yours did, bdhu2001... ::fingers crossed!!::
    put on some bum clothes and go dumpster diving ^_^
    Just call me Berd.
    Purchase the Palm designated VPC/VPA from a Sprint corporate retail store for $31.99 plus applicable sales tax and you shouldn't have any issues of whether or not the VPC/VPA will charge your Palm Pre. The Palm designated VPC/VPA sold in the Sprint retail stores also works with the Palm Pro as well as the Palm 800w.
    Well, I got the Palm brand car charger (the one with white LED and removable usb), and is working fine since day one (June 6th)
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I was told it only charges when screen is off, I asked how would I know if charger was broken?...I returned the charger. My Toyota ha AC plug so I didn't need it after all but I think stopping with screen on is insane.
    There appears to be one with a white LED and one with Blue. What's your model number for those who have it working?
    I bought 2 of the Seidio car chargers & while they make the Pre register as charging, it doesn't charge well. I bought it from Precentral.net so its going back. Funny enough, the cheap cables & car charger from Monoprice.com work well! It charges while using Sprint Navigation. The Seidio ones wouldn't even keep the battery level!
    OK, after a day of testing the Palm car charger got me back to 100% after being at 86% and having Pandora going with an occassional phone call.
    I bought the sprint charger and it's working great. Now give me a touchstone auto dock so I don't have to set this in my cup holder!