1.    #1  
    My pre gets really warm when I use a bluetooth headset. Any else experience this? It did it with 1.02 and still with 1.03, it's not horrible but it's pretty damn warm. I am using the plantronics voyager pro
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 06/19/2009 at 10:16 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Sorry for the bump (lots of traffic these days) but I wonder anyone has experienced this or if it's one more reason to swap out my pre (4 dead pixels, loose slider).

Thanks in advanced.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My Pre doesn't get hot when I use my bluetooth headsets. I have the Moto S9-HDs and use them at the gym. My Pre doesn't even get warm after an hour.
    hmm mine gets warm to, not just with bluetooth but if i have it constantly on, playing pandora through my car or surfing the web
    Warm is normal. Hot is not.

I can't give you temperature ratings, but a basic rule of thumb is that anything with a lithium battery will normally get warm with extended use, but should never get warm enough that you can't handle it comfortably.

If it get's that warm, which can happen, then something is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Warm is normal. Hot is not.

I can't give you temperature ratings, but a basic rule of thumb is that anything with a lithium battery will normally get warm with extended use, but should never get warm enough that you can't handle it comfortably.

If it get's that warm, which can happen, then something is wrong.
    I agree. I guess like any battery operated devices gets warm when being use continuously.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    How warm are we talking? Try using the battery moniter app and see what the temp is when you think it's "to hot" i've checked mine before and the highest temp i've seen was around 36 C
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    How warm are we talking? Try using the battery moniter app and see what the temp is when you think it's "to hot" i've checked mine before and the highest temp i've seen was around 36 C
    Like I said, I really can't give you a temperature that is the magic line you shouldn't be crossing. In general, if you pick it up, and it feels warm, or even a bit hot, you're fine. If you pick it up and it burns your hand, or you immediately drop it because you're afraid it might burn your hand, then there's a problem. I realize there's a lot of gray area in between, but IME vary rarely to things show up in the gray area. Either it's warm but comfortable to hold, or it's so hot I'm worried the case will start melting.

Examples:

1. One of my coworkers had an LG Chocolate (1st gen when they had a lot of problems) that would get so hot when she pluged it in to charge that it really would burn your hand, and the 3rd time it happened it slightly melted the case in about 30 minutes. Thank goodness she checked on it, or it would have started a fire.

2. Years ago, when the two widest used phones on the market were the nokia 5100, and the slightly more professional version, 6100 I think, my Dad had the better one. He was on a call, and the call broke up, just as smoke started to pour unexpectedly out of the handset. My Dad set it down (he was working outside) and walked away until it cooled.

That afternoon he took it into an ATT store for a replacement. There just happened to be a Nokia rep visiting that store, and when the nokia rep heard the story, they offered to buy my Dad any phone in the store, right on the spot, if he'd let them take the old phone so they could test it and see what happened. I know that sounds odd today, but this was the better part of 10 years ago.