Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    The only problem with this case is that you'd have to have A2DP bluetooth headsets since the straps prevent a corded headset from being used. Nice design, though!

There is a cut out on the bottom of the band for the corded headset. Just put the phone in upside down to be able to use it; that is what I do if I don't use my Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset.

It is a very snug fit. You have to have the music player playing before putting the phone in. It is also bulky, but I assume that it would be with anything else, or maybe it is because the phone portion will separate from the band. Works well for me.
    Forget that wire, it will hurt your ears, the headset or the Pre someday...
    Working out with that chain is a pain!
    I have an armband and an Ad2P Plantronics helmet since nearly 4 years (on a Treo), feeling free with some good sweat and bad groove make my day everyday...
    Damn this is the right time to go to the gym...
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer View Post
    I use a Motorola SYN2398A Neprene Universal Workout Armband Case for Cell phones iPhone iPhone 3G iPod Blackberry Bold 9000 Curve 8300 that I picked up from Amazon for $11.69. It works pretty well. The phone part can be separated from the arm band.

Amazon.com: Motorola SYN2398A Neprene Universal Workout Armband Case for Cell phones iPhone iPhone 3G iPod Blackberry Bold 9000 Curve 8300: Electronics
    Here are some pictures of the case that I was able to take (first time taking and posting pictures, I hope they turned out ok). As I mentioned in another post, the phone fits in very snug. Someone had mentioned wanting to fit in their Seido Innocase, I do not know if it will because I do not have one, but the case is not solid it is a stretchable elastic, so it might stretch enough. As you can see in the picture the sides are not solid and the top can be adjusted by the velcro. The bottom has a hole that you can use for a corded headset if you put the phone in upside down. The piece that holds the phone is velcrod onto the arm strap, which is pretty solid. This helps when you want to change a play list (have to take the phone out) but also makes the arm band bulkier. This is the first one I have ever owned, but I don't like how bulky it is. Other than that I do like how snug it fits and that I don't have to worry about it falling out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    even though it may fit i'd still rather use an ipod nano instead...you can do Nike+ with those too...
    Quote Originally Posted by haunt View Post
    even though it may fit i'd still rather use an ipod nano instead...you can do Nike+ with those too...
    I thought about that but I don't want to carry two devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer View Post
    Here are some pictures of the case that I was able to take (first time taking and posting pictures, I hope they turned out ok). As I mentioned in another post, the phone fits in very snug. Someone had mentioned wanting to fit in their Seido Innocase, I do not know if it will because I do not have one, but the case is not solid it is a stretchable elastic, so it might stretch enough. As you can see in the picture the sides are not solid and the top can be adjusted by the velcro. The bottom has a hole that you can use for a corded headset if you put the phone in upside down. The piece that holds the phone is velcrod onto the arm strap, which is pretty solid. This helps when you want to change a play list (have to take the phone out) but also makes the arm band bulkier. This is the first one I have ever owned, but I don't like how bulky it is. Other than that I do like how snug it fits and that I don't have to worry about it falling out.
    Nice, but I think I like the other band with the clear front. It appears you can touch the screen through the plastic. No need to open this or remove that.
    Thanks for this, have been trying to find one, all the cases at Best Buy are too small.
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Nice, but I think I like the other band with the clear front. It appears you can touch the screen through the plastic. No need to open this or remove that.
    ^^^this
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I emailed TuneBelt asking them if they planned on making a TuneBelt specific for the Pre or which existing one they recommended and this is what the sent back:

Hi Marco,

The AB8 fits it.

The AB8 has more of an open top - for access - although for the Palm Pre being shorter than many devices that fit into the AB8, it will tend to be more closed at the top for that device.

The AB8 holds devices securely inside when the armband is tightened around the arm. There is no real depth to the AB8 pocket. Consequently when the armband is tightened, the device inside gets sandwiched between the front and back sides of the armband as it wraps around the arm ensuring a snug fit inside. Additionally, the protective mylar window cover material on the AB8 tends to "grab" the LCD display on devices inside.

When talking the armband on and off, it is not recommended to leave the device inside and if it is left in, then it is advisable to be careful when the armband is loose around the arm.

Best regards,
    Richard

Tune Belt, Inc.
    11400 Grooms Road
    Cincinnati, OH 45242
    Tel: 513-247-4400
    Fax: 513-247-4410
    e-mail: tunebelt@fuse.net
    The Original Tune Belt
    Has anybody found an armband that is over 20" that fits the pre? My arms are just at 20" and when I'm working out arms they get pumped a bit and any armband I have found gets uncomfortably tight.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Which stores tend to carry these? Will probably pick one up soon.
    i use a iphone armband from wall mart. look like this

Walmart.com: Belkin iPod touch 2nd Generation Armband: Audio
    Here's what I'm going to try and do soon: buy a Soccer Captain-style armband and sew a REALLY STRONG magnet into it. The question is, will any magnet be strong enough to hold the Pre in place when running, or would it require a megawatt electromagnet. I'm kinda dubious, but I'll try anyway and jump around on my bed or something; if it does come loose, it'll land softly and I'll have spent five euros on a failed experiment.
    is there STILL no Pre-Specific armband? what a world...
    Spotted this, SPORT BLACK GYM ARMBAND CASE FOR SPRINT PALM PRE PHONE - eBay (item 220433905059 end time Jan-09-10 02:06:44 PST)

Personally, I use an old iPod Nano (1G) armband, and it works great.
    hey flipesq which store did you buy the tune belt?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    this is what I just purchased for my wife and I.

got it off Amazon

tunebelt.com/ab82#
    does the touchscreen work through the clear plastic covering?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarry2821 View Post
    does the touchscreen work through the clear plastic covering?
    Yes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12