1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    so i just picked up a touch phone, got to work and hooked it up and when i put my phone on it the phone signals its charging on/off every second non stop..gunna exchance the touchstone but im wondering if anyone has experienced this issue?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    That has happened to me if the phone is misaligned on the stone. Picking it up and placing it centrally on the touchstone stopped solved the problem.
    lol d94 there was a thread that started earlier today where people talked about it, and I pointed them in the direction of a thread I started a while ago with the exact same problem. If its just a problem with misaligning your phone, the ignore this, but this is a problem all together.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-weird.html

If you scroll to the bottom, I found a thread in the palm forums where people were talking about the exact same issue.
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    well iv tried turning the phone in every direction and placing it centrally on the touchstone, and its still doing the same thing
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    then I think you've got the same issue I'm having I'm trying to get my touchstone replaced, and hopefully that solves the problem.
    had the problem when I used something other than palm cable. Switched to cable that came with phone and worked fine
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep, got home used the original palm cable and works fine..lame if you ask me but sweet now that it works
    I still have this problem using the original palm cable that came with my phone. If I plug the cable into the microusb slot, it works fine. I think its a problem with my touchstone at least. Oh well, they're sending me a new one Monday, hopefully that one is better.

Oh yea, the 1.0.3 update doesn't help either.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I had this problem too. I bought the dual location kit with two touchstones, one cover, and one cable. When I hooked up the one at home this happened, but the one at work was fine. I switched cables and now both work fine. It's been over a week and no more problems.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I just tried the TS with my car charger and saw this exact thing. It works fine in my house with the original cable. Does it have something to do with the input power signal? It sounds like some of you have the problem with the original cable so surely it's not that.

I need to find a different car charger and see what happens.
    This happened to me - i had just misaligned the phone
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    May be a silly question but -- your power source is the AC adapter and not the USB from your computer, right?
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    May be a silly question but -- your power source is the AC adapter and not the USB from your computer, right?
    thats correct
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem... I put in Airplane Mode... Realigned on TOUCHSTONE... Still the same problem... Constantly cycles every 30 seconds or so with the svreen lighting up and the loud "charging" alert ring... any help appreciated... suggestions...
    There are numerous threads here trying to figure out which chargers/adapters work with the Pre and Touchstone. For now, there is only confirmation that Palm's chargers and Sprint's Pre car charger work with Touchstone. In sprint's case, the MicroUSB end needs to be shaved to fit. Some have had luck with Motorola SPN5400A car charger, but others have not.

Others have found chargers that work with the Pre, but not with the Touchstone as well.