Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking of buying the T505. Any current owners have positive/cons on this with the Pre?
    I've read only one post of someone who had issues with the T505 staying connected to Pandora. Does anyone else have any feedback? This would seem to be the easiest and most cost effective solution for handsfree car use that also allowed music integration.
    Love mine (had it about 3 months), and I have no issues with Pre connectivity.
    I, also, am considering the T505 for my Pre. What do users have to say about it?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Love mine (had it about 3 months), and I have no issues with Pre connectivity.
    thanks, Any issues with Pandora and voice calls?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have had the Motorola T505, but to be honest, I moved over to the Jabra SP700. I find the wireless connection to be more reliable and the speakerphone to be clearer. I don't use FM as much with the jabra as its speaker did an admirable job. The FM transmitter on the Motorola T505 works great, but the microphone didn't pick up very well in conversations.

The one time I tried the FM transmitter on the SP700, it wasn't very good.

Between the two, I would take the Jabra for calling....
    Quote Originally Posted by leipsic83 View Post
    thanks, Any issues with Pandora and voice calls?
    No issues for me whatsoever. Unlike porcaccio, I use it almost exclusively with the FM transmitter on. The small speaker within the unit isn't for me the point of the device.

Oh, and don't pay anything even close to what retail is asking ($129.99 at Best Buy, Sprint, etc.). I paid $34.98 online, brand-new in plain vanilla OEM packaging,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250413113151

plus another $15 for the visor clip because the one I bought didn't include one (I didn't read the ad online closely enough!), both with free shipping.
    Last edited by northward; 06/20/2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I've had one for the last six months, and I absolutely love it. The device is elegant, pairs very easily, and works fine for me even with the built-in speaker. The microphone also works wonderfully, though people away from the microphone do need to speak up. I would definitely recommend this over the Jabra.
    I also have the T505 and love it. I do get some distortion (clipping) running winmo though to the radio. That is even after i did some reg edits to get rid of the limited bandwith. As far as usage though, music is great. Pushes some really low frequencies i was not expecting, and highs are decent depending on bitrate etc.

In regards to phone usage, it works wonderful for me. I have a 3rd visor (above teh mirror that is useless) so i put mine there. Whole family uses it for talking to people. I also drive a WRX which sucks as far as quiteness is concerned (also have a 3/2.5" exhaust) and majority of every one can hear me fine. I usually roll up the windows and close teh sunroof just to make sure i get a good conversation though.

And just a reminder, remember that people can hear 1/2 your conversation if they are able to tune in. So be sure to be careful on that front.

However my question is does the charger that came with the T505 also work on the pre? I wouldn't ask if i could check it myself.... but i can't find one local <cries>
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    However my question is does the charger that came with the T505 also work on the pre? I wouldn't ask if i could check it myself.... but i can't find one local <cries>
    No, the T505 uses miniUSB while the Pre uses microUSB. However, tiny adapters are available if using one charger is important to you.
    How does it work while using it for Sprint Nav and listening to music via the mp3 player? Is that even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    How does it work while using it for Sprint Nav and listening to music via the mp3 player? Is that even possible?
    Not only is it possible, it's marvelous. I tried it out tonight. Of course the spoken directions play through the car stereo. The wonderful part is that if you're playing MP3s, when there's a direction to announce the music cuts to half volume, Sprint Nav announces its instruction, and the music resumes to normal volume as soon as the instruction is complete. Smooth!
    Sweet... It does the same for me when I use the 3.5 mm male to male in my car's aux port. Another wire ditched since I just ordered the 505!

Now to work on the Touchstone vehicle mod!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Now to work on the Touchstone vehicle mod!
    Just finished mine tonight:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1699920

Thanks for the feedback.
    My pleasure.
    Another vote for the T505! Had Pandora and Sprint Nav running. My wife called and after awhile I asked how the new Bluetooth was working and she said she couldn't even tell I was using it. (...and my car is a very noisy car!)

(She always complained with other phones when I used other Bluetooth headsets because of the feedback from road noise)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just bought a T505 and VERY PLEASED! Awesome unit and saved me replacing a whole deck! A+++++ Thanks everyone in this thread for their input!
  17.    #17  
    What expectations should I have for music quality. I have installed the T505 and it works great for phone calls and sprint navigation. However, perhaps I had wrong expectations for sound quality running Pandora. I have an old 2002 Ford Taurus with the upgraded mach audio and it does not come clear to FM quality sounding. I expected it to not sound as good as CD, but thought it would sound like FM. I did change the Pandora setting to higher quality audio but not hearing an improvement.

Do I have wrong expectations?

Thanks and love the forums.
    If you are not satisfied with the quality. Try selecting another FM station. Just touch the button on the back and it will tell you where to tune.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    If you are not satisfied with the quality. Try selecting another FM station. Just touch the button on the back and it will tell you where to tune.
    Duh!!! - Thanks - I should have known that. sorry for the dumb question.
    Part of it depends on where the FM antenna in your car is. Mine is in the rear right section of the car, and having the T505 upfront (where I can get at the controls) is pretty suboptimal. The real problem is the timeouts on the device that require you to push buttons to use the FM modulator.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast