Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with the bluetooth connection on your Pre? I have owned almost every BT headset to date along with almost every Smartphone/PDA. The Voyager Pro has been a strong player on the 800W and the Treo Pro. But the the Pre it is very hit and miss. The effective range is less than 2 feet before I get static. This is not just the Voyager Pro either. I have tested it with the Plantronics 510 and the original Jawbone with similar results. I really like the Pre but I need my bluetooth to work!! Is there a fix for this or is it a very common problem with all headsets with the Pre?

The other annoying thing is it drops the connection in standby....constantly disconnecting and connecting throughout the day. I have not had this problem since my 700WX.
    With my 8040, I can't place it in my pocket without getting a lot of static, I can't even put gas in my car and leave the phone inside with out it dropping the call. The range is very bad on mine. On my 800w, I was able to get at least 15 ft away without any problems..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I just got the pro and that is not a problem for me. What is a problem is the actual incoming sound quality. It doesn't sound as good to me as everyone claims. I called plantronics to suggest offering different ear mold styles like they did for the 510.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I just got the pro and that is not a problem for me. What is a problem is the actual incoming sound quality. It doesn't sound as good to me as everyone claims. I called plantronics to suggest offering different ear mold styles like they did for the 510.

WAY TOO FUNNY!! I did the exact same thing when I got the PVPRO!! I don't like how the ear gel collapses when it goes in the ear. I told them the more "solid" version like the 510 is much better. Believe me though the outgoing sound quality of the PVPRO is superior to the 510.

The frustrating thing is the distance from the headset to the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBBL GBL View Post
    The frustrating thing is the distance from the headset to the phone.
    What do you mean exactly?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    What do you mean exactly?
    What I mean is I can not even have the Pre in the Palm holster on my left hip and the PVPRO in my left ear without getting static. I have to have the phone within a foot of the Voyager Pro to get a clear signal. Same with the 510 and the original Jawbone.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thanks for starting this thread. I thought my PVPRO was the only one out there with issues and the Pre.

Almost everyday, I have to go into the Pre's Bluetooth menu and select the PVPRO...eventhough it's the only BT headset I have paired. I've tried my backup Samsung headset and the Pre seems to have no problems with that...though to be safe, I've since deleted it from the Pre as my PVPRO is my main headset.

I've noticed that I have to reselect the PVPRO after I go into my office building (no signal in some places) and every morning after I remove the Pre from the TS. The PVPRO battery life is so good that I leave it on all night. Not sure why the Pre can't remember it, but it's an PITA.

Incoming and outgoing calls take forever to answer when pushing the main button on the PVPRO. I've hung up on more than one person while trying to ansswer the call. With my Centro, the PVPRO was spot-on and amazing.

Wondering if the PVPRO/Pre/BT problem can be solved with a firmware upgrade. When speaking with Palm level 3 tech support (who I hung up on), they said they know the Pre has BT issues and were working on fixes, but the tech gave no indication of when they'd get to it.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I thought my PVPRO was the only one out there with issues and the Pre.

Almost everyday, I have to go into the Pre's Bluetooth menu and select the PVPRO...eventhough it's the only BT headset I have paired. I've tried my backup Samsung headset and the Pre seems to have no problems with that...though to be safe, I've since deleted it from the Pre as my PVPRO is my main headset.

I've noticed that I have to reselect the PVPRO after I go into my office building (no signal in some places) and every morning after I remove the Pre from the TS. The PVPRO battery life is so good that I leave it on all night. Not sure why the Pre can't remember it, but it's an PITA.

Incoming and outgoing calls take forever to answer when pushing the main button on the PVPRO. I've hung up on more than one person while trying to ansswer the call. With my Centro, the PVPRO was spot-on and amazing.

Wondering if the PVPRO/Pre/BT problem can be solved with a firmware upgrade. When speaking with Palm level 3 tech support (who I hung up on), they said they know the Pre has BT issues and were working on fixes, but the tech gave no indication of when they'd get to it.
    What about static and short range from the Pre to the PVPRO? Do you have that problem with all of your BT's?

Firmware 1.0.3 that was downloaded last night on my Pre did not resolve this issue with BT

I have not had this problem. I have had one where the PVPRO speaker would not be outputting sound when I take a call, but I probably hit a button wrong or something. For the most part it pairs up rather quick and steady.
    I've tried the very cool Sony BT HBH-IS800 and the JVC W700 and neither work well. Have the seinhausser on order as these are the 'official' ones that are on the Palm Store website, but I have my doubts that they will work well. I cannot have the Pre more than 2 feet from the device without losing sound. I was hopeful that the new update would rectify, but just tested and it does not. What are they doing at Palm - there's too much competition out there to mess up on something like this!
    I have been using the Plantronics 510 and the Motorola HS820. They both work perfectly. I had problems with the 510 and my HTC Touch so it is a pleasant surprise to have it work so well with the Pre.
    I've been using the PVPRO with the PRE over the past 2 weeks and have gotten exceptional outgoing and incoming sound quality. The usable range is about 20 ft with no static at all.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandace View Post
    I have been using the Plantronics 510 and the Motorola HS820. They both work perfectly. I had problems with the 510 and my HTC Touch so it is a pleasant surprise to have it work so well with the Pre.
    Another vote for the Plantronics 510. Paired with no problem and great reception.
    I have the following

Plantronics 340, 510, 520, and Pulsar 260. Each other them have good reception, sound quality, and voice quality.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I just got the Voyager Pro as well. I think the sound quality is great. It's comparable to the JawBone and I actually like it better then the JB v1. Although, I have had problems with it connecting to my Pre. Sometimes I will make a call while the Voyager Pro is on and there will be no sound to the headset or the Pre. I would have to hang up the call, go to the Bluetooth on the Pre and touch the Voyager Pro.

I have also noticed that when I turn the phone off and re-connect I have to reconnect the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if that has to do with turning off the Pre or the Bluetooth aspect.

Additionally, I noticed that when I paired my Voyager Pro with the Pre it did not ask for the '0000' code that most phone request when pairing a device. I have only had my Voyager Pro and Pre for one day and need more time to figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    I have also noticed that when I turn the phone off and re-connect I have to reconnect the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if that has to do with turning off the Pre or the Bluetooth aspect.
    Just double tap the multi button and it should fix iteself. I have the same problem if I take my phone out of range of the PVPRO and then return.

Anyone notice that if you use the mulitbutton to answer an incoming call there is a 3-6 second delay before the other person can hear you?
    I am on my third pre and I am now getting static with my PVPRO. I fear I have a faulty bluetooth antenna. Any thoughts? I called plantronics and they have not tested it with a pre and suggested I return it.
    I have been using the Voyager Pro for about a week and I am very happy with it. I get zero static. I tried the Blueant Q1 which I did not like. I would try annother headset to see if you get static. If not then it is the Voyager Pro. I am on my first Pre which I picked up on Launch day.

Have Fun
    For what it's worth, I had to return my first Pre for issues with the BT radio. When the phone went to sleep, the BT wouldn't wake back up. It's worked fine on the second one, although range is only about 10 ft. Headset is Plantronics Voyager 855.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Ilve had good experience with the altec lansing Backbeat 903 (owned by plantronics). 3he dual microphone noise reduction system woerks adequate for moderate noise, and the user controls are very user friendly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast