Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issues with my brand new Voyager Pro also. Just received it today. My old Motorola H500 doesn't seem to be compatible with the Pre, so I purchased the Plantronics Voyager Pro headset based on all the really positive reviews I've read about it. Unfortunately, my personal experience with it so far is that it's terrible.

The noise cancellation is a joke - I was standing outside when a light breeze started blowing (so light I could barely feel it) and my friend immediately asked me if it was windy because she could hear it. While driving in my car, she couldn't tell any difference between the Pro and my old H500.

In terms of audio quality, even at zero bars volume it sounded like a pair of cheap speakers being overdriven. Voices constantly break out into static and become almost unintelligible. Even when you can hear them the audio quality is poor and people sound like they're on speakerphone even when they're not (and yes, they have full reception). This doesn't change no matter how close or far the phone is from the headset.

I also have the scratches on the soft part of the battery compartment. It's super comfortable so I don't want to return it, but I will if I can't resolve these sound issues.

Edit: Looks like people in the Plantronics forum are having the same problem:
    http://soundingboard.plantronics.com...k&thread.id=80
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    With my launch day pre I initially used the Plantronics 855 and just got the Jabra BT8040 yesterday and with both I have had no problems. Phone is always in my holster and no drops or static.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I thought my PVPRO was the only one out there with issues and the Pre.

Almost everyday, I have to go into the Pre's Bluetooth menu and select the PVPRO...eventhough it's the only BT headset I have paired. I've tried my backup Samsung headset and the Pre seems to have no problems with that...though to be safe, I've since deleted it from the Pre as my PVPRO is my main headset.

I've noticed that I have to reselect the PVPRO after I go into my office building (no signal in some places) and every morning after I remove the Pre from the TS. The PVPRO battery life is so good that I leave it on all night. Not sure why the Pre can't remember it, but it's an PITA.

Incoming and outgoing calls take forever to answer when pushing the main button on the PVPRO. I've hung up on more than one person while trying to ansswer the call. With my Centro, the PVPRO was spot-on and amazing.

Wondering if the PVPRO/Pre/BT problem can be solved with a firmware upgrade. When speaking with Palm level 3 tech support (who I hung up on), they said they know the Pre has BT issues and were working on fixes, but the tech gave no indication of when they'd get to it.
    I am not sure its your headset that is the problem...I got the Pro headset with my Pre and it works flawlessly. I have the phone in a cheap bodyglove holder on my left hip, and the VPro in my right ear (didn't fit right in my left ear) and its clear. I have a 1500 sq. Ft. House and can put the phone on my dining room table and run around the house (100 ft or so).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just exchanged the first VPro for a second one and it's exactly the same as the first. Sound quality is terrible (very static-y). I was finally able to get my Motorola H500 working and it sounds much better (the same as on my old Motorola SLVR). People I talk to say I sound clearer on the H500 too.

Should I bother trying a third VPro or just give up?

Edit to add: I'm on my third Pre unit too, the first VPro sounded exactly the same on all three Pre's.
    Last edited by art_sjc; 07/30/2009 at 01:41 AM.
    Not sure. My Jawbone II works great with my Pre. I usually have my Pre in my jeans back pocket and I don't get any static from the Jawbone. Same thing with my Plantronics 520 which has a much better earpiece than my Jawbone II but oh well.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I was thinking of giving the Jawbone a try next if this one didn't work out.
    Lately, I have had to turn off Bluetooth on the Pre then back on again for it to connect with my Pro. I think I will exchange the Pro to see if it is just a problem with this headset. I love it otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post

Anyone notice that if you use the mulitbutton to answer an incoming call there is a 3-6 second delay before the other person can hear you?
    Yes, I have noticed this which is a PITA. I've learned to wait until I hear the beep to begin talking.
    I have the Voyager Pro and sit in my office with my phone on the charger and using the VP headset. It randomly beeps and drops the bluetooth connection and i have to go back in and turn bluetooth off and on to get it to reconnect. Giant PITA!!!

I love the Voyager Pro so add this to my other issues with the Pre and may have to end up back at the iphone.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Lately, I have had to turn off Bluetooth on the Pre then back on again for it to connect with my Pro. I think I will exchange the Pro to see if it is just a problem with this headset. I love it otherwise!
    I have the exact same issue. It's quite annoying. When making outgoing calls, I'm not sure if the phone will use BT or not. On receiving calls, I press the button on the PVPRO and there is normally a 1-2 second lag if it picks up. If it doesn't pick up (because of the lost sync), I get a missed call since I'm waiting. I've always had this issue with other headsets and other phones, so maybe everyone else suffers from the same issues?
    My BT issues seems to have been self-corrected. For some reason, the Pro is now playing nice with the Pre, thankfully! I almost returned my Pro.

Is there a noise cancellation "mode" on the Pro like there is on the Jawbone, BlueAnt, and others? If so, how is it engaged?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Is there a noise cancellation "mode" on the Pro like there is on the Jawbone, BlueAnt, and others? If so, how is it engaged?
    It's always on.
    I am getting comments from friends that they can hear lots of background noise when I am in a relatively quiet restaurant and even while driving with the windows up. It doesn't seem to be "cancelling" noise as well as my BlueAnt V1 or Z9i.

Any suggestions?
    I'm getting those comments too, although I thought it was just because I was driving in my convertible with the top down.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I ended up returning mine because of these and other issues. It seems some (or even most) people are able to get the VPro and Pre to work together well, but after 2 VPros and 3 Pres I gave up. You can try removing and re-pairing the VPro a few times, but other than that there's really nothing you can do.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've had success with All my BT headsets.. great sound quality and 20+ ft distance.

I have a Jawbone II, Voyager Pro and Jabra BT8040 for Podcasts and Sprint Navigation.

ChasPalm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12