1.    #1  
    I installed IS on my Pre (looks great, but it's my 7th IS install) but I didn't install it to the TS back cover, mainly because I like its texture so much.

Have you installed IS or any other shield on you Pre's TS back cover? I may do it this weekend.
    Yes I did. I like it much better with the IS on the back because it the IS grips so much better. IS help the PRE stay put in my car.

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Yes, but what I would like to know is will the Touchstone cause the back to get so hot that it melts the IS onto the back. I am planning on doing the same thing when I get my Touchstone, and will place a BSE on my original glossy back.
    Done it. Works. Like. Much bigger heat issue if you use speakerphone on TS. Heat from charging not a problem. Wait til I put the TS in a hot car all day and then set the Pre on it. That will be the real test. So far, no issues.
  5. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    yeah i've got it on the backcover. i'm able to type and slide the phone open a lot easier with the added grip
    IS is fine but why put it on the Back cover? More money/hassle for what? I bought full body shield at BB and had them install. First guy had trouble and tossed IS. Second guy did OK but theres plenty of orange peel. The stuff is hard to deal with. If I had to do it again I would just buy screen protectors. Cheap and easy and dothe job.
  7. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    IS is fine but why put it on the Back cover?
    for the exact reason i stated above? makes it easier to grip and slide open, as well as protects it from getting scratched. isnt that the whole point?
    I like the feel of the TS cover more. If I ever get a TS, I certainly won't be putting a shield of any sort on it, as chances are the adhesive would mess up the textured back anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Done it. Works. Like. Much bigger heat issue if you use speakerphone on TS. Heat from charging not a problem. Wait til I put the TS in a hot car all day and then set the Pre on it. That will be the real test. So far, no issues.
    Maybe you can find some tasteful way of applying just part of the IS. Cut a circle out and just put that on, or a "stripe" of the the IS going from side to side. That leaves most of the TS back cover exposed to dissipate heat, but still gives good grip on the TS.