Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have had HORRIBLE phone reception using Bluetooth in the car. I pairs fine, I have a strong signal, but there is so much static and breaking up that neither end can understand the call. Is there some way to tweak this? Is anyone else having issues? I see lots of posts about Pandora through Bluetooth but couldn't find anything on Bluetooth reception. And it isn't the car's fault - my BlackBerry Curve was great in the car. Nonetheless, this isn't a deal breaker - I would rather use the Pre next to my ear than go back to the Curve. I am loving it!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDoc View Post
    I have had HORRIBLE phone reception using Bluetooth in the car. I pairs fine, I have a strong signal, but there is so much static and breaking up that neither end can understand the call. Is there some way to tweak this? Is anyone else having issues? I see lots of posts about Pandora through Bluetooth but couldn't find anything on Bluetooth reception. And it isn't the car's fault - my BlackBerry Curve was great in the car. Nonetheless, this isn't a deal breaker - I would rather use the Pre next to my ear than go back to the Curve. I am loving it!
    Having the exact same problem with my Infiniti G35x..... crazy amounts of static! very frustrating..... any thoughts or solutions???
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    There have been reports of this problem on the Infinity cars. If you do a search you should find a couple of posts.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    There have been reports of this problem on the Infinity cars. If you do a search you should find a couple of posts.
    Have there been any solutions or thoughts from this? Haven't seen any...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    It paired up fine in my BMW (w/nav) and works/sounds ok BUT I can't see my contacts!! The car shows on the screen that it's waiting for the contacts from the phone, but never completes. I can manually dial and receive calls, but can't dial contacts. My Centro worked fine after one of the firmware updates they did a while back, prior to that it only would see the speed dial entries. It sees nothing on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    You guys must remember that it may not only be the Pre that is having issues. The cars software may not be updated to communicate properly with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mine is an 09 Infiniti M35, so it clearly must be an Infiniti issue.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hooks up fine in the Lambo.
    mine is great in my 07 bmw e93. Muct better than the 755 or 800
    My 2006 Infiniti G35 has been terrible with all of the phones that I've used with it, including my Treo 65, my Mogul, my Touch Pro, and now my Pre. I've always gotten complaints about the outgoing quality. I still use it in a pinch when I don't have my headset, but when I remember it I used that instead.

If anyone comes across a fix, I'd love to see it, but I'm guessing this is something we'll just have to live with.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    Hooks up fine in the Lambo.
    Awesome! Now I know what to trade for...
    Last edited by wynand32; 06/18/2009 at 04:00 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    My Veyron recongizes it without issue.
    No bluetooth sound problem in my 2008 Explorer, but the contacts list is a little wonky. Sometimes there, sometimes not.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Pairs just fine in my 08 Prius; haven't tried the contacts yet. (Still loaded from my PDA).
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Works fine with the Chevy Bluetooth system. I'm pretty sure they use the same module across their whole lineup.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Mine paired fine in my 07 TL Type S, however, the "hang-up" button does not function. I have to wait for the line to close or find the hang-up button on the phone to end a call. I have not asked it to copy contacts, don't care to have a thousand numbers cross over, I just rely on the voice calling.
    worked for me