1.    #1  
    I've tried 128Kbps, 256kbps, and variable bit-rate MP3s with 4 different BT headphones (Soyo Freestyler, AnyCom BSH-100, Plantronics Pulsar 590A, and Jabra BT620) and I've tried with a clean Pre reset with no apps running other than the music player, and all to the same effect:

The stereo BlueTooth stream rate is wildly inconsistent, resulting in very frequent tonal shifts. Some fluctuation is to be expected, but this is over the top. It's so inconsistent, it's really not usable.

My Treo 800w didn't exhibit this behavior to this degree and neither did my Centro (w/ Softick's Audio Gateway) before that.

Can anybody else confirm this is? Or is this something specific to my handset (maybe I have bad hardware)?

Points of clarification: the hands-free profile works just dandy (e.g., with my Jawbone), and this tonal fluctuation doesn't not occur with corded headphones.
    I've had no such issues here, and I've used it extensively over the past few days with both Motorola S805 and Logitech FreePulse A2DP headphones.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    The only issue that I have is some choppiness when I wear my phone on my right hip and my BT headset in my left ear. When I then switch my holster to the left hip, it runs fine.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro77 View Post
    I've tried 128Kbps, 256kbps, and variable bit-rate MP3s with 4 different BT headphones (Soyo Freestyler, AnyCom BSH-100, Plantronics Pulsar 590A, and Jabra BT620) and I've tried with a clean Pre reset with no apps running other than the music player, and all to the same effect:

The stereo BlueTooth stream rate is wildly inconsistent, resulting in very frequent tonal shifts. Some fluctuation is to be expected, but this is over the top. It's so inconsistent, it's really not usable.
    I have this problem, too. I just tried listening to A2DP music in my car using my Sony MEXBT2500 deck and it sounds awful. A 320kbps MP3 sounds like 96kbps at times in the car. Sound quality is fine when using the 3.5mm port. On my Windows Mobile devices, this was a result of the A2DP bitpool not being turned up high enough, which was fixed by editing the registry. Maybe some of the WebOS hackers can find where the bitpool rate for A2DP is set in the code.
  5.    #5  
    I wanted to revisit this issue; I've confirmed that the issue is / was with the headsets I was using. At the Sprint Store, I was able to try some Altec Lansing Backbeat 903's, and they play back flawlessly - no variable playback rate, no stutters, no skipping. I can also confirm that Best Buy's RocketFish RF-MAB2 headphones work exceptionally well with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I also have the RocketFish RF-MAB2 from Best Buy. They sound great if it wasn't for the crackling sounds I get on a lot of songs. Some songs are worse than others. I read somewhere that on other devices you can change the "bitpool" setting to fix this problem but I cannot find any preference settings for this in the bluetooth app on the pre.
    i've never had an issue with my BT, it connects directly to my Eclipse CDA7200MKII dec, clarity is $ it also auto connects everytime I turn on my ride...perhaps your issues aren't the Pre but whatever your connecting too....$1000 deck no problems....you get what you pay for would be my only conclusion