Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I found a leather top loading holster/case for the Pre in the precentral store. Looks pretty good. I will share my thoughts when I get it on Tuesday. First one of these I have seen for the Pre since it was launched.
    Is it the Smartphone Experts one? I want a top-loading case but one without a flap and belt clip. Something like the leather top loading cases that Blackberry makes. Only ones I've seen similar to that are the Vaja cases, but $60 is a little much.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It is the Smartphone Experts one with the belt clip and flap.
    The only problem I have with all of the cases on the Precentral store site is I can't plug in my headphones in the jack and have the phone in the case and closed at the same time. (Yes, I know I should probably buy some bluetooth headphones but i haven't found any I like yet.) I am seriously considering the case from Vaja. I've bought their cases for over the last 8 years for a Creative Zen mp3 player and 2 Ipods. They are pricey but worth the investment. The top of the vaja case is open so I can continue to use my current headphones.
    If only the Vaja cases had the phone facing in. Unfortunately, the speaker grill is situated to have the phone facing out.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Let us know how it works out.

Why do you like the top loading cases as opposed to the side loading ones?
    yeah, headphones won't fit and the strap gets a bit awkward and won't allow me to put phone back with one hand. i'm sure that's something that i'll just get used to.
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    Is it the Smartphone Experts one? I want a top-loading case but one without a flap and belt clip. Something like the leather top loading cases that Blackberry makes. Only ones I've seen similar to that are the Vaja cases, but $60 is a little much.
    I bought the Vaja case and although its nice looking it doesnt fully protect Pre and I cant easily remove Pre from case. Waste of money imo.