1.    #1  
    I received a bunch of goodies from Seidio on Tuesday which included the Multi-Function Battery Charger. For those of you considering buying this, be aware that it's huge! For charging such a small battery, this unit is unusually large. In defense of Seidio, this unit has interchangeable "plates" that allow you to charge other batteries if you switch the charging plate out. And it charges Pre batteries just fine. I was planning on taking this along with me when I travel but its not going to work out. Also be aware that it doesn't ship in any packaging other than some fitted ziploc baggies with some loose instructions.

So I'm returning it today.

One more FYI: Seidio requires that you use their online form under the help section to get an RMA before you return an item. I don't usually have a problem with that, except that it said it's going to take 1-2 days for them to issue the RMA. I called the "customer service" number (non toll free by the way) and they referred me right back to the web page. No RMA's via a phone call!
    I just ordered one of these along with the 1350mAh battery. I'll have check out the size when it gets here. Too bad they don't have the dimensions posted on the product page.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I just ordered one of these along with the 1350mAh battery. I'll have check out the size when it gets here. Too bad they don't have the dimensions posted on the product page.
    I had ordered and recieved the same items from SEIDIO. The Charger with removable plates, much bulkier than i'd have thought it would be, but works well. The extended battery (When the Pre opens and closes it turns off, not a proper fit, too short so must RMA), and the car charger which works fine.

Tell me if you have problems with your battery, as opening and closing the pre with the new Seidio 1350 extended battery specifically for the Pre, causes the Pre to shut down. Upon closer observation I see it's slightly shorter than the Pre's stock battery which would explain the problem. I'm concerned that RMA'ing the battery will just give me another bad one. Other than the fit of the battery the device does turn on and work, provided you're careful when closing the keyboard so it doesn't power off.
    While I would agree that the charger is bulky, I'm not inclined to return it since I wasn't planning on traveling with it.

The battery doesn't appear to give me any problems. I opened and closed the keyboard several times, both with one hand and two and it didn't power off. I also held it side ways and opened and closed it several times and everything was still good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    I had ordered and recieved the same items from SEIDIO. The Charger with removable plates, much bulkier than i'd have thought it would be, but works well. The extended battery (When the Pre opens and closes it turns off, not a proper fit, too short so must RMA), and the car charger which works fine.

Tell me if you have problems with your battery, as opening and closing the pre with the new Seidio 1350 extended battery specifically for the Pre, causes the Pre to shut down. Upon closer observation I see it's slightly shorter than the Pre's stock battery which would explain the problem. I'm concerned that RMA'ing the battery will just give me another bad one. Other than the fit of the battery the device does turn on and work, provided you're careful when closing the keyboard so it doesn't power off.
    Sorry for the problem,, Please PM your order # so we can take care your problem quickly.

Please refer to the following link for possible cause and solution

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...s-phone-9.html

http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution

Seidio