Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I noticed from day 1 that I only had 1 to 2 bars of service at home. It never really seemed to affect my service because I rarely use the phone at home and I use WiFi for data. However, today I called Sprint customer service on another matter and the call got dropped 3 times in a row. 3 customer service reps and a manager later and Sprint is now overnighting me a free Airave with no monthly charge.
    Last edited by jimhuff; 07/15/2009 at 10:00 PM.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    i just got my airave!! i mean, i paid up front, but i have a $105 credit on my account & the CSR couldnt find a $5 monthly credit code to offset the $4.95 monthly fee...so she put a $10 credit code good for the next year! woooohooo!!!

only thing i did was complain that in 3 years & 5 phones at that address ive always had 5 complete bars. they sent me to a CSR that test the towers in my area & said, "yeah, go get it."
    got activated, got 2 credits for about $50 each & im good!!
    (i wasnt having trouble i just wanted one).
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine96 View Post
    (i wasnt having trouble i just wanted one).
    Thanks for taking one that someone that actually needed one could have used..

this is why sprints going to crack down on this and screw the people that need it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've called Sprint twice on my signal issue and they have denied giving me an airwave. What sucks is I have 4 devices on my account and the Pre is the only one that will go from 2 bars to roaming. CS tells me there is nothing they can do because I am in their best coverage area. I'm going to try again tonight and see if I can get to a manager this time. I'm going to threaten retentions since two of my lines are set to expire in a month and those two users want a Pre as well. I'll tell them I'm getting a "great" deal on iPhones.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have a question for those with Airave. I don't think anyone can help, but maybe there is a tip I am missing.

I got my Airave today and set it up. The first place I set it up was in my office without the add on GPS receiver. It was sitting about five feet from a window and I waited an hour, but the GPS light never turned blue. I then attached the GPS antenna and waited another hour and no blue light.

With that I figured it might be the room so I moved it to my living room where I have a seperate router acting as a bridge. This time it sits only two feet from a window and I first left it for an hour without the GPS antenna and then for an hour with the antenna. Of course this still didn't work so I took the antenna and placed it outside with a clear view of the sky. Still no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call Sprint.

By the way, the WAN and Power buttons are blue, but the GPS and system buttons are red. I am of the understanding that the system button won't turn blue until the GPS lock is established so I have not been concerned about that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    I have a question for those with Airave. I don't think anyone can help, but maybe there is a tip I am missing.

I got my Airave today and set it up. The first place I set it up was in my office without the add on GPS receiver. It was sitting about five feet from a window and I waited an hour, but the GPS light never turned blue. I then attached the GPS antenna and waited another hour and no blue light.

With that I figured it might be the room so I moved it to my living room where I have a seperate router acting as a bridge. This time it sits only two feet from a window and I first left it for an hour without the GPS antenna and then for an hour with the antenna. Of course this still didn't work so I took the antenna and placed it outside with a clear view of the sky. Still no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call Sprint.

By the way, the WAN and Power buttons are blue, but the GPS and system buttons are red. I am of the understanding that the system button won't turn blue until the GPS lock is established so I have not been concerned about that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Mine showed up today as well, and setup went just like the manual said. It's in the middle of my apartment on top of my computer desk, sitting next to my cable phone/internet modem and Linksys router. Plugged everything in and it took about 20 minutes to sort everything out. The power and wan lights went blue at once, the GPS about 5 minutes later, and then the system after about 20 minutes. I didn't have to connect the GPS antenna at all. Already have noticed an improvement in my phone reception so it looks lke it's gonna work.

One suggestion is to put it as high as possible in the room. That may have something to do with it.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks. I finally broke down and called Sprint and it turns out the guy had to deactivate it off of my account and then reactivate it. As soon as I did that and restarted my cable modem, router and Airave the GPS light came on within five minutes and the system light turned blue in about 30.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Sanmanc, any luck yet?
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Thanks for taking one that someone that actually needed one could have used..

this is why sprints going to crack down on this and screw the people that need it.
    synonoyx- get over it! ive been with sprint/nextel since '97...32 days before they merged, i ported 17 business lines over to sprintpcs from nextel. did they reimburse me $200 for EACH LINE...NOOOOO 2DAYS TO LATE SIR! THOSE AND

sooooo...do i care about the crack down...let me think...
    save ur 2cent when i post...have a nice day
    synonoyx- get over it! ive been with sprint/nextel since '97...32 days before they merged, i ported 17 business lines over to sprintpcs from nextel. did they reimburse me $200 for EACH LINE...NOOOOO 2DAYS TO LATE SIR! THOSE AND

sooooo...do i care about the crack down...let me think...
    save ur 2cent when i post...have a nice day
    Nobody cares about your previous issues over 10 YEARS AGO. The free airaves are meant for people that are having signal issues at their home/buisness. Your "I just wanted one" comment just goes to show your intelligence.

Ill keep my 2 cents coming, Its people like you that make me realize how many idiots there are in this world that will scheme/lie/cheat/steal just to get something they think they are "owed" LOL

As you can see in this thread, some people in here really do need one. You stated you just wanted one to have one. I'm sure their are plenty of people like yourself calling just cause "they wanted one" and its making it harder for the people that need one to actually get one.

Sprint doesn't owe you anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Nobody cares about your previous issues over 10 YEARS AGO. The free airaves are meant for people that are having signal issues at their home/buisness. Your "I just wanted one" comment just goes to show your intelligence.

Ill keep my 2 cents coming, Its people like you that make me realize how many idiots there are in this world that will scheme/lie/cheat/steal just to get something they think they are "owed" LOL

As you can see in this thread, some people in here really do need one. You stated you just wanted one to have one. I'm sure their are plenty of people like yourself calling just cause "they wanted one" and its making it harder for the people that need one to actually get one.

Sprint doesn't owe you anything.
    yaaaaawwwn...get da life. winners take victory. have a nice day!
    yaaaaawwwn...get da life. winners take victory. have a nice day!
    Sorry dude, that's a sad attitude. So, you're saying those that lie to get their way are the real "winners". Nope, not so much.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Have been with Sprint since 97. Got new house in '04. Unfortunately house is located right on the edge of the coverage area. I can make the phone calls in my backyard, but not in the house. Complained numerous times wit hopes that maybe Sprint will get new cell tower nearby. I do have very nice grandfathered retention plan and do not want to leave. BTW I do have 3 phone lines and 1 data card plan ($200+ month).

I just upgraded one of my lines from Treo 650 to Pre. All my phones out of contract and I am within my 30 days to cancel my new Pre. Called Sprint first time about two weeks ago about Airave. Long story short after 2 hours and escalating call to the Retention Supervisor I was told that policies are changed and I would need to buy Airave and pay monthly service. And they would prefer me to move to different carrier then provide me with $100 device.

Called back about a week ago to ask some questions about cancellation and porting phone numbers policies. Talked to regular CS representative. She asked me what the reason for cancellation. I explained and she told me to wait few minutes, so she can approve something. 10 minutes later she filled the order for free Airave and 2 years of free service. Got it two days and I am very happy with it. Finally I can use my phones in the house without standing next to the window in particular spot or go in the backyard.

Thank you Sprint!
    Where can I find the chat option on the sprint site?? I HAVE zero service in my home(or anywhere on the property) so I am actually one of the people who has a legitimate need for an Airave. Id like to talk to CS and see if I can get myself one

Edit:
    Found the chat option talking to them now
    Last edited by Siteoner; 07/02/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    I have to share my airave story. The week after I got my Pre, I had the same reception issues as many of you experience. I called Sprint and just asked if there was any options for me. Without asking about it or anything, they sent me the airave with free service. I was pretty excited and plugged it in. After a couple hours the "service" light was blinking red. Evidently, because I live in an area where a Sprint affiliate runs the network (Swiftel Communications), the Airave is not compatible with the network here. SO, now I have a free airave and service on a network that doesn't support it.... To top it off, I received my bill this month... was charged for TWO months of airave service (even though I've only had it since June 12) and the hardware. Sprint is great to work with and the charges were taken care of, but I DESPISE Swiftel Communications. Hurry up and buy them out Sprint!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Sprint. It was nice to know you. You have lost me as a customer. I have only been with you for about 15 years. Started with Nextel. Might I add that I have 4 phones on my account and my account is flagged as a white glove customer.

I called and told them that my Pre's were going back to the store tonight because of all the issues. Reception and email issues to say the least. I had the 2 Pre's that I bought deactivated on the 7th because I needed my business email. I have since fixed that, but will not turn the phone back on with the lack of bars in my basement. My 755P has no issues. Sprint told me that I did not qualify for a free Airave (I actually want 2 for home and office) but I could pay $99 and a monthly fee for one. HAHAHAHA!!! I told her that she just lost a long time customer and hung up. They called back and said that the call was disconnected. I told her it wasn't and that I hung up. Then I hung up again! Back to the sprint store. Any recommendations on phones with other carriers???

Oh yeah, a sidenote.... The Sprint Rep said that I was the first person she heard a complaint from on the Pre's. Do they brainwash the CSR's?????
    Quote Originally Posted by lylebrous View Post
    Sprint told me that I did not qualify for a free Airave (I actually want 2 for home and office) but I could pay $99 and a monthly fee for one. HAHAHAHA!!! I told her that she just lost a long time customer and hung up. They called back and said that the call was disconnected. I told her it wasn't and that I hung up. Then I hung up again! Back to the sprint store. Any recommendations on phones with other carriers???
    You really didn't specify much on what you were looking for, possibly a carrier that welcomes rude behavior?

As far as the phone itself, if you were happy with your 755p, I'd say go back to it. I think the phone doesn't care much if the user is rude or not.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Rude? Why, because I hung up on her?

She had the nerve to ask me if I was surveyed if I would say that I was satisfied. Cmon, you gotta be kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lylebrous View Post
    Rude? Why, because I hung up on her?

She had the nerve to ask me if I was surveyed if I would say that I was satisfied. Cmon, you gotta be kidding me.
    Absolutely. You call someone up, and hang up on them. That's rude. It's another self-centered way of saying "I've said what I want to say, and nothing you say has any merit".

Hey, you asked...

BTW, you still don't know what she was going to say. Her next comment just might have been "Hold on sir, while I connect you to a department that might be able to help".

There are lots of phone companies out there, and lots of phones. Haven't you switched by now?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't understand the "bastards" and "wtf" reactions.... Why not just "Thanks, I appreciate that"?
    Maybe too much caffiene that morning?