Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    I'm running my Airave behind a firewall.

OK, so I guess I need to open some ports
    Sprint/Nextel Airave - Opening/forwarding Ports - Untangle Forums

UDP ports (53,500,4500,52428)

I wonder if these are SAT or NAT rules...?
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/24/2009 at 04:28 PM.
    thanks for the info hparsons
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm curious, how did I get pegged for that one. I don't believe that I've mentioned God on this forum, other than to responde to another silly asinine (and false) reference to what I've said.

I'd say if you don't like an advertisement for God on your phone, remove the app.
    I was making a silly link to you being called "the moral police" here in this thread. Just being goofy. No harm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Also, hparsons is the moral arbiter. He knows what God feels about things, and if he said you lied, then you did. If he says you covet your neighbors wife, then you do.

Just acccept it, hparsons is better than you.
    ...But that was a long time ago now.
    Last edited by jbrowland; 06/24/2009 at 09:20 PM.
    It may be used for other purposes, but the manual says that they have to verify that it's being used in the US.
    and btw...to answer an earlier concern/question since hparsons just kinda touched on it here...once you get gps reception, you can unplug the gps antenna and still use the airave. In my case, I am not even close to a window so I had to move a lot of stuff to get that airave gps antenna close to a window. I would NEVER be able to keep it strung through the house like it was. Once it found me in the US it allowed me to use the airave and CONTINUES TO LET ME USE IT EVEN THOUGH I NOW HAVE A RED LIGHT FOR THE GPS AND THE GPS ANTENNA ISN'T CLOSE TO A WINDOW. Make sense? I assume if I turned the airave off I would have to then run the gps antenna back through the house to the window to set up.
    Last edited by jbrowland; 06/24/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    and btw...to answer an earlier concern/question since hparsons just kinda touched on it here...once you get gps reception, you can unplug the gps antenna and still use the airave. In my case, I am not even close to a window so I had to move a lot of stuff to get that airave gps antenna close to a window. I would NEVER be able to keep it strung through the house like it was. Once it found me in the US it allowed me to use the airave and CONTINUES TO LET ME USE IT EVEN THOUGH I NOW HAVE A RED LIGHT FOR THE GPS AND THE GPS ANTENNA ISN'T CLOSE TO A WINDOW. Make sense? I assume if I turned the airave off I would have to then run the gps antenna back through the house to the window to set up.
    Have you powered off and back on? I'd be curious to hear what happen when the device is powered off.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I moved my gps antennae and placed it behind my equipment rack. So far all of the lights on the front are still blue. I assume it still has a lock on a few sats, but it is not near a window. My Treo Pro can lock onto gps from the same spot, though.
    Have you powered off and back on? I'd be curious to hear what happen when the device is powered off.
    Not yet as that would mean stringing that stupid antenna wire like cirque de sole through my home for my 9 month old to eat.

My guess is that the airrave would stop allowing my phones to use it and I would have to get the gps antenna back to the window and do the 30 minute setup all over again. Just a guess.
    I just got my first monthly bill for the Pre and Sprint charged me for the "Free" airave...classic Sprint move!

Moreover, I am starting to think this airave is a wifi killer in my home. I had to my my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver farther from it already.

The Sprint Rep says, "Well, we have to put it on your Bill and charge you for it but we intended to give you a credit if you called back and asked for one." I say, "So I would have been charged for it if I didn't read my bill?" And she whispers after a long pause, "Yes Sir. Unfortunately that's how it works."

Wow. Luckily I am used to the Sprint billing mistakes and I actually read my bill. My favorite is when they charge me for something I didn't use/buy and then refuse to also credit the tax they charged on this billing mistake.
    I just got my first monthly bill for the Pre and Sprint charged me for the "Free" airave...classic Sprint move!
    Well that just blew my mental impression of "the new sprint". If they want to stop hemorrhaging customers, they are going to need to learn to do what they say!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Those reactions is because I have had NOTHING but trouble with Sprint. It started at the begining of last years contract when I wanted my wife to have internet and text messaging like me. So they took it off my account and put it on hers. I then had an $800 phone bill. I called and said "NO... I said I wanted it on both accounts. I want my wife to have everything I have unlimited text and internet." So they take it off her account and put it on mine. We then had a $600 phone bill. We then continued this for another 4 months and finally I called in on my last straw frustrated and got lip from the Customer Service supervisor. That is when I said we are done. Well then the Pre comes out so I decide to give them another try. Then again we get crappy service.

Sprint is nothing but a joke.
    Sounds to me like you're a lousy communicator and a bit of an a*s to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    you can't talk to CS about the airave period. I did and even spoke
    With a supervisor who went on and on about radio waves and
    Interference in my house..I told the CS rep that I would be wasting
    My time and yours if he could not approve one for me but was still
    Put through to her supervisor. I was pissed and started researching
    Other carriers and found att coverage to be great in my area called sprint
    Back and went to cancellations my first question for him was how much
    Would it cost me to cancel my 5 lines minus returning my pre and he got
    The numbers and then asked why I was leaving sprint...I told him I'm tired
    Of the reception in my house and noone willing to help me as this has been
    Noted on my account(not really) on several occasions. I made sure he was aware
    Of my service I had maintained for 7+ years....bla bla bla.....he then offered me
    The airave for free and no monthly charge I told him if it don't work I would still
    Cancel and return the equiptment.....I was firm and trully ready to cancel....got my
    Airave TODAY less than 24 hours layer amazing my wife was very surprised. It works
    Very well full bars anywhere in the house...but be sure to hook up the gps atenna by
    A window....I will be calling sprint tonight and thanking them for such prompt service
    When I first saw this post I thought every first letter of each line spelled something, but then I realized it just spells "yWIMPOBWTONOTCAVA". Anyone wanna try and crack the code?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Just as a note to those that got "free" Airaves. I just got my new bill, and to my surprise, I was being charged the monthly service fee. This is after I was assured that I would not be charged for the device or for the service. It turns out that according to Sprint policy, only those customers that have the $99 dollar plan are supposed to get the Airave service for free. Anyone else can get the device for free, but will have to pay the $4.99 +tax, service charge. I wound talking to threee different supervisors before I got them to reinstate my free service. I had to resort to the "I'm still in my 30 days, and I will cancel and return everything" tactic. To make a long story short, just verify that you're not paying for Airave service when you get your bill.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I got a free Airave yesterday after talking with a few reps. Actually my wife started and after being elevated to a manager who said he couldn't help, I got on the phone. I nicely explained that I had no signal in my house (My Pre goes from 2 to 0 bars and back constantly) and that I would have to cancel because we both have businesses and can't afford not to have service in our home.

I also told him that I shouldn't have to pay extra for cell service in my house. He agreed and went off to talk with his boss and came back 5 minutes later saying that they would waive the Airave initial cost and monthly fee. After trying to put the order through, he informed me that I would have to pay for it up front (I am a new acct.) and then I would be reimbursed in the form of an account credit. He also told me that it would be up to 10 business days to receive the device because it is on back order.

Last night when I logged into my account, I noticed the manager credited back $100 to my account for the device, but it looks like I will be stuck for the $7.49 taxes that I paid. While this is not a big deal, I wish that would have been communicated to me. Either way, $7.49 is a great price to pay so I will not be complaining to them to take it off. I can't wait for the Airave to arrive.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing this information. For those people who truly need this device, it is a wonderful thing that Sprint is eating the small cost and making customers happy.
    i talked to two CSR and then to retentions. and each one of them really wanted to trouble shoot my pre, even though i've been through that. then i lost service.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    but it looks like I will be stuck for the $7.49 taxes that I paid. While this is not a big deal, I wish that would have been communicated to me. Either way, $7.49 is a great price to pay so I will not be complaining to them to take it off. I can't wait for the Airave to arrive.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing this information. For those people who truly need this device, it is a wonderful thing that Sprint is eating the small cost and making customers happy.
    I wouldn't let them charge you for taxes. Companies have been sued for doing this exact thing. They have "accidentally" charged me for taxes on hundreds and hundreds of dollars in mistake billing. I went back and did the math over a few years and realized I was charged several hundred in taxes over the course of a few years due to Sprint billing mistakes.

Do that to a few hundred people a day and you are making millions illegally in no time.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I wouldn't let them charge you for taxes. Companies have been sued for doing this exact thing. They have "accidentally" charged me for taxes on hundreds and hundreds of dollars in mistake billing. I went back and did the math over a few years and realized I was charged several hundred in taxes over the course of a few years due to Sprint billing mistakes.

Do that to a few hundred people a day and you are making millions illegally in no time.
    I never thought of it that way. I guess I will wait until the bill officially comes to see if they credit it back. If not I will contact them to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    I never thought of it that way. I guess I will wait until the bill officially comes to see if they credit it back. If not I will contact them to remove it.
    I get what you are saying though. 8 bucks is better than 100+!

That said...In the last two months I have had 350 dollars worth of silly billing mistakes including the airave and calls in Jamaica to Jamaica at the same time I was calling in NYC calling to NYC so it obviously wasn't me but thanks to Sprint....I have it on my bill. AND I had to ask them to also credit the taxes on these items as well.
    Got charged also for the Airave and $!4 for Overnight shipping. LOL. I called up and told the same thing. There new policy is all Airaves for free to certain customers now. I assumed that it meant premier but maybe its a monthly bill over $100 like stated earlier. They credited my account for the airave , taxes and shipping. All is good now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    If you TRUELY have no service at your house email Jerry [dot] Adriano [at ] sprint.com and email him about your issues. I did this and he had his VIP Exec members contact me to work out my issues. They want to try and keep your business. If they still say no, request that a technician go to your address and test the service. If it is bad then they will usually give you an airave. If not i would cancel my contract.
    I contacted this gentleman via email, and received an answer within 24 hours. He referred another of his assistant to contact me to work out my issues with reception. That gentleman tried calling the same day but I missed his call. He sent an email to which I responded with my work number. He called me today, and we talked about what I needed. Bottom line, I'm getting a free Airave but have to pay for the service ($4.00/month, since I have a Plus package). I can cancel after 30 if it doesn't work. It'll be worth $4.00 if I can get rid of my home phone.

Now, how hard is it to set this thing up?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Now, how hard is it to set this thing up?

Basically, you plug in the cables, plug in the power, turn it on, and wait about 30 minutes to an hour.

If it doesn't work that soon, plug in the GPS antenna, and try again.