Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    tweak41:
    What's frustrating is that people yesterday were having success. Maybe a flood of requests have caused them to ease up on offering it. It costs Sprint about $300 for each AIRAVE, so it's not cheap. You gotta be worthwhile I guess.

Just out of curiosity, those of who who had success, what is your monthly service fee (approximately)?

I'm the base $69.99 Simply Everything Data 450.
    Well, I'm pretty sure it costs Sprint less than $300.
    Anyway, I also have the EV 450 $69.99, but on each of my 5 phones in my account!
    And so far, my Airave has been great; Thank you Sprint!
    BTW, this is my 100th Post! Yayyyyy!!!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I purchased an Airave when they first came out but i have a satalite internet service and we were still having trouble. I called the Airave CS and they stated to me that it will not work with any form of wireless internet service. Does anyone know if that has changed since November? I was willing to pay before heck i would still pay if i knew it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radvette View Post
    I purchased an Airave when they first came out but i have a satalite internet service and we were still having trouble. I called the Airave CS and they stated to me that it will not work with any form of wireless internet service. Does anyone know if that has changed since November? I was willing to pay before heck i would still pay if i knew it would work.
    The manual still states that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    And think of all of us who will be paying for your freebies - that's why the insurance kept going up - too many whiners doing multiple returns.
    Freebies ?

Sprints never gave me anything for free. Ive called in quite a few times about bad coverage in my area. I never asked for or received credits. I didn't lie to them or try to act like I was going to cancel. I believe that if im paying $130 a month to them and have been for years, this is something that has been owed to me a long time... Considering Ive been dealing with this for the past year since moving.

The only freebies people are paying for are the people calling that dont need one, and are getting them by some lie or scam tactic.

PS

Got it tonight and works wonders ! from no bars to Full Bars ! Yess !
    Can I ask why anyone would call in for one if they don't need it? I don't see the point? Unless you like to horde free things?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak41 View Post
    Can I ask why anyone would call in for one if they don't need it? I don't see the point? Unless you like to horde free things?
    when its free everybody HAS to have one, they have 4 bars got to have 5??

(I did get one but in my home office the reception was bad do about 2000 mins from there monthly)
    "Preaching/Teaching" about moralities and making judgments upon a person on an internet message board pertaining to a cell phone is... yeah... umm... yeah...

Just let it go...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It may be used for other purposes, but the manual says that they have to verify that it's being used in the US.
    Yeah, you are right. So it is possible that you can take it home on weekends and use it at work on week days. Awesome!
    From what I understand, with the Airave we are getting 1x signal and not EVDO, right? So that means if you are using data no calls will come in. So for those of us who use push email, we might lose some calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Yeah, you are right. So it is possible that you can take it home on weekends and use it at work on week days. Awesome!
    I would say it's possible. Would be interested in hearing your results on "transportability".
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    From what I understand, with the Airave we are getting 1x signal and not EVDO, right? So that means if you are using data no calls will come in. So for those of us who use push email, we might lose some calls.
    You're correct, if you're using data over the wireless network, no calls. Plus your speed will be relatively slow.

Most of those involved in the discussion have Palm Pres. If you're using a Pre, it would make more sense to use WiFi when using the Airave.
  12.    #132  
    Wow I eally started something here.

For the guy that said CS stated "we used to give them away now we don't". That's odd because I just started this thread when I got off the phone with them.

I told my bestfriend who called, they totally dic*ed him around. They acted as though they've never heard of an Airave.

Additional Points:

1. It really depends on if you speak to someone who knows about it or not. So ask to speak with someone that can help you with "getting a device you heard will improve reception in my house". Apparently it seems as though there's a special department for that. I don't believe it's retention either.

2. Tell them that ever since you got the Pre your reception has been poor. Evident by the fact that my wife had some cheapo flip phone that always got perfect reception now her Pre was getting shady reception. Probably something turned down to increase battery life. Same happend with my Iphone.

The key is speaking to the right person and more than likely the right person will be in the US not in India or Philipines. It seems like the guys that handle this are in US.

Hope that helps. As you can see from this thread it's been hit or miss.

PS: The airave works perfectly!
    Last edited by derrickonline; 06/24/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I believe all Sprint support is now US based. They were getting completely HOSED for their customer service not that long ago and I think they switched back to the US
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    I believe all Sprint support is now US based. They were getting completely HOSED for their customer service not that long ago and I think they switched back to the US

That is true, for a while first level CS could go to either Phillipines or Bangledesh, now its back in US.

If you have seen Slumdog Millionare and were a Sprint customer in the outsourced days you will get a big kick when the guy in India working for a cell phone service center tries to pretend to a Brittish customer that he NOT in Bombay but is really talking to her from a nearby town. Pretty funny. I went through that with some Sprint CSRs trying to convince me they were in the US. I would say well, if you are really in the US you should be able to find someone that speaks english pretty easily, since you can't, LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I went through that with some Sprint CSRs trying to convince me they were in the US. I would say well, if you are really in the US you should be able to find someone that speaks english pretty easily, since you can't, LOL
    OWNED. Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Also, hparsons is the moral arbiter. He knows what God feels about things, and if he said you lied, then you did. If he says you covet your neighbors wife, then you do.

Just acccept it, hparsons is better than you.
    I am thinking hparsons is responsible for that horrible commercial about God on my accuweather app!!! Just joking hparsons!

Have you all seen this thing?

I hate that little religious ad on MY PERSONAL pre phone!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Ah....my story. A week ago, I called because my service at home was spotty and calls would drop in and out. I got sent to retention and they quickly agreed that my area should have service. They said an airave would be sent out that day (this was 6/16) and I would be credited for it along with the monthly charge. I never received it, so I called them today. There as a note on the account that it was canceled the same day. The new policy must have just kicked in. They never contacted me to let me know. I really believe this is poor customer experience. If you say you are going to do something then do it. I am now thinking about a return, and not because of the low signal, but because of how they handled it.
    Don't know what's wrong with my Airave, but it keeps dropping calls and I can't call anybody sometimes. Anybody having isues with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    I am thinking hparsons is responsible for that horrible commercial about God on my accuweather app!!! Just joking hparsons!

Have you all seen this thing?

I hate that little religious ad on MY PERSONAL pre phone!
    I'm curious, how did I get pegged for that one. I don't believe that I've mentioned God on this forum, other than to responde to another silly asinine (and false) reference to what I've said.

I'd say if you don't like an advertisement for God on your phone, remove the app.
    I had got mine not too long ago, I didn't call retentions, I didn't threaten to cancel. I just honestly explained how I had dropped calls ever since I had a phone with an internal antenna. And because I was a customer for almost ten years now they seemed reasonable and "checked out the area" and in three days the lady called back and sent it free with no service.

I think that if you are willing to lie about it you might as well live without it or pay the 5$ charges. It's costing the company money, and Sprint needs all they can get right now if we want them to get any better.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast