Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    There are always two sides to an agrument. You just seem to give everyone a hard time about what they say, and make everything bigger than it really is. Reading between the lines is sometimes a good thing, but adding things between the lines that the person did not intend is another.

I don't really want to get in the middle. I was just trying to difuse it. Mainly, I was just kidding around with you.
    Actually, I read nothing between the lines, just repeated what he said. I think his "moral of the story" was over the top.

I'll add, your post is a bit "out there" for someone that "didn't really want to get in the middle".
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I read nothing between the lines, just repeated what he said. I think his "moral of the story" was over the top.

I'll add, your post is a bit "out there" for someone that "didn't really want to get in the middle".
    Ok.
    I wasn't able to get an AIRAVE today. They are no longer offering them for free, you have to pay. However, they will waive the monthly service charge for two years...

OH WELL... :/
    I got shot down too and I actually need it. They offered $75 off the device but didn't offer waiving the monthly charge. I shouldn't have to pay more than 89.99+tax for service at home
    What's frustrating is that people yesterday were having success. Maybe a flood of requests have caused them to ease up on offering it. It costs Sprint about $300 for each AIRAVE, so it's not cheap. You gotta be worthwhile I guess.

Just out of curiosity, those of who who had success, what is your monthly service fee (approximately)?

I'm the base $69.99 Simply Everything Data 450.
    Ok, I know I said close this thread but it looks like we are back on track. Good question from tweek41. I had no proble gettin airave last week and in fact it was the CSR that brought it up and "fed" me the right thing to say to qualify. I have the family everything data 1500 plan eith 5 phones on the account and monthly bill with add ona and discounts and such right around $200. Two of the accounts I could close with no penalty and added a new ( the 5th phone, not my pre) phone to account just a few weeks ago so could have cancelled that if wanted to.

After describing the signal issues was having at home she said: You are a very valuable customer and we don't want to lose you and have something that might help. Now, if you would continue to have a poor or no signal at your home would this make it more likely that you might, either now or in the future, cancel or not renew any of your phones?" Well, the answer to that, of course, would always be yes -- no signal at home MIGHT make it MORE LIKELY that anybody MIGHT cancel." What's more the way she said it was obvioulsy leading me to say yes and once I did she then told me about the free airave and no monthly fee for 2 years.

Airave came yesterday hooked up and working pretty good although if I don't turn on wifi when at home sometimes it seems to miss picking up the airave signal, probably something to do with when data connection open.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak41 View Post
    What's frustrating is that people yesterday were having success. Maybe a flood of requests have caused them to ease up on offering it. It costs Sprint about $300 for each AIRAVE, so it's not cheap. You gotta be worthwhile I guess.

Just out of curiosity, those of who who had success, what is your monthly service fee (approximately)?

I'm the base $69.99 Simply Everything Data 450.
    I have the 69.99/month plan, and have had it since it was first offered. I also have an unlimited spending account.

I do NOT have the pre yet, my upgrade isn't available to me till July 1st. I do have an instinct, which I can't wait to replace.

For the last month I have had no signal at home. I have been reading this thread, and was worried about what would happen when I got the pre. I called Sprint on Monday, they sent me a new instinct, thinking the problem was with the phone. I guess they checked my area and said I live in a superb coverage area... I got the phone this AM... nothing changed. I called back to ask if I should just keep the new handset or send it back, and keep my old one.

Somehow this led to them initially wanting to send me another handset. I was going to tell them I didn't think it would make a difference. Then the woman I spoke with said they could send me an AirRave for free but I would be charged monthly. I told them that would be fine, as I don't think paying 4.99 a month would be that bad... She had to transfer me to another department.

Once I was transferred a guy who was VERY happy, and VERY helpful set me up, and told me I would not be required to pay either the equipment charge or the monthly fee.

Needless to say, I am very happy. This may be the best customer service experience I have ever had, with any company.

I didn't even ask about the AirRave and I got one.

I think the key is being nice, having a 69.99 or higher plan, and have unlimited spending...

Good luck to anyone else who tries to get one...
    It stands to reason that unless Sprint is going to offset their costs through your monthly service fee that they won't send out a free AIRAVE. I spoke with two different representatives today in Retentions alone and there was nothing I could say that would get them to budge. It was worth a shot though!

I also think it helps to be an existing Sprint customer for a while.

If anyone has a success story with an actual rep's name, maybe we can compile a list of people to talk to that would increase the odds of getting an AIRAVE.
    I was able to get sprint to wave the monthly airave fees for both my lines as well as the unlimited calling feature for one of my phones (normally $10/month).

BTW.. I just got off the phone with a really informative tech that told me there is an Airave II in the works and it will support high speed data. The reason he called me is because I wanted a better explanation of why the airave interferes with any gps capable device within range of the unit. It boils down to slow transfer rates of the airave. They opted for call quality as a priroirty. They obviously rushed to get the device on the market and that is why there will be a V2. This also explains why sprint has no problem dumping the airaves for free. The only thing I couldn't' get an answer on was a possible street date.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    People. I do not think "retentions" are the right people to talk to.

I called in today to account services and got an airarve for free, my first call was last week. I called and explained the coverage issue. They asked me to go to a sprint store and have the phone checked for hardware issues. I did that and of course everything checked out.

Called today and informed them of the ongoing problem and the resukts of the tech checking out the phone. They offered to send me a new phone. I stated the phone works perfectly every where ekse. I told them flat out I had heard that they were giving out airaves to people with similar problems and if they would rather to do that and save the cost over sending me a new pre. Not sure if that is a true statement but I figured what the heck.

Rep asked if the service issue would cause me to cancel. I responded "possibly." airave should be here in a few days all fees waived.

*side note* I do have two lines paying $120 a month after a corporate discoubt.
    Last edited by Rkolodz1; 06/23/2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Wrong word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    People. I do not think "retentions" are the right people to talk to.
    Well they're the people who do everything possible to prevent you from leaving Sprint in the first place, so I'd think they ARE the right people to talk to.
    I must stress, If you really dont need one, DONT CALL.

I only called after getting the Pre and getting pretty much no service in my suburb. My MotoQ Had 1 Bar. So I called in, told the rep what was up, he transferred me to some other dept and they said I had 15 dropped calls in the last 2 days and that they would be happy to ship me an Airave free of charge.

I think Sprint knows who really needs one, and who deserves one. So if your trying to scam them for one shame on you. Think of all the people that wont get one cause of your scam tactics.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Think of all the people that wont get one cause of your scam tactics.
    And think of all of us who will be paying for your freebies - that's why the insurance kept going up - too many whiners doing multiple returns.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    I think it has more to do with your Arpu (average revenu per user) and your account status(spending limits and credit situation) than speaking with the right person.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -Drifter- View Post
    FYI, just got off the phone with retentions and they received a memo late yesterday stating that no more free Airaves are to go out
    Just got my free airave today. Works fine with the 755p, but spotty with the Pre.
    I just got mine today. I'm gonna be using it at work, but I might try it at home one of these days too. I wonder what the GPS system is for? Do they control the location of each Airave? Also, how do you know your phone is hooked up with the Airave?
    Just got off of the phone with Sprint and have an airwave being shipped to me right now. I NEEDED one for work, as my battery would die all day searching for a signal. Millions of dropped calls there as well.

They did, however, charge me for it and claim they will waive all of the fees... we'll see.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I wonder what the GPS system is for? Do they control the location of each Airave? Also, how do you know your phone is hooked up with the Airave?
    It may be used for other purposes, but the manual says that they have to verify that it's being used in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Just got off of the phone with Sprint and have an airwave being shipped to me right now. I NEEDED one for work, as my battery would die all day searching for a signal. Millions of dropped calls there as well.

They did, however, charge me for it and claim they will waive all of the fees... we'll see.
    I was told they while they could give me a second airave for free, they cannot wave the fees twice. I guess each air rave you have will cost you 4.99/per phone to use it and they can only use the codes once. Could be bs but I've heard this from multiple sources. Let us know if that is the case. I opted not to get a second airave and would rather wait for the Airave II
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I was told they while they could give me a second airave for free, they cannot wave the fees twice. I guess each air rave you have will cost you 4.99/per phone to use it and they can only use the codes once. Could be bs but I've heard this from multiple sources. Let us know if that is the case. I opted not to get a second airave and would rather wait for the Airave II
    I don't need one for home, only for work, so this is my first Airwave device.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast