Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hparsons,

I hope they DO check where my dropped calls came from because 99% of them happened from my house. I have nothing to worry about, but thanks for worrying for me. Point is that not all of the customer service reps are created equal and some are more accomodating than others. So yes, it is a shame that one has to resort to such tactics are threatening to cancel, but if that's what it takes to get equal treatment and opportunity, then be it. Some get offered the airave instantly and some don't how is that fair, again? Oh yea, I forgot.....you got a decent rep and was offered the airave right away. Good for you. Sux for those of us that didn't have that luxury. But that sure explains why you are on your horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    hparsons,

I hope they DO check where my dropped calls came from because 99% of them happened from my house. I have nothing to worry about, but thanks for worrying for me. Point is that not all of the customer service reps are created equal and some are more accomodating than others. So yes, it is a shame that one has to resort to such tactics are threatening to cancel, but if that's what it takes to get equal treatment and opportunity, then be it. Some get offered the airave instantly and some don't how is that fair, again? Oh yea, I forgot.....you got a decent rep and was offered the airave right away. Good for you. Sux for those of us that didn't have that luxury. But that sure explains why you are on your horse.
    You're still making excuses. The fact remains, according to how you related the issue, you started off by threatening to cancel service.

Also, your assumption about why I'm on "my horse" is wrong. I would have been just as adamant about telling the truth whether I had gotten a good rep or not. It's a basic integrity issue.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I called today, and using their phone system went directly to retension. When the gentleman answered, he asked why I chose retentions. I answered "I hope you can take it as a compliment, but you seem to be the only folks with the ability to actually do anything". He laughed, asked me a couple questions, and told me I should have my Airave in 3-5 business days...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I can confirm the OP's post... I have a spending limit on my account (I guess from a credit rating?) and one of the associates told me that they could not charge any hardware to my account and therefore couldn't give me a deal on an airave
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You're still making excuses. The fact remains, according to how you related the issue, you started off by threatening to cancel service.

Also, your assumption about why I'm on "my horse" is wrong. I would have been just as adamant about telling the truth whether I had gotten a good rep or not. It's a basic integrity issue.
    I don't need to make excuses, I was proving a valid point. Either way, I am getting mine tomorrow. Case closed.
    I hear you, but doesn't the need for all these units suggest that Sprint's network is just dreadful.

I mean, I get no bars at home and at work. Then, there are so many of you complaining of the same problem.

Where does the damn signal work properly without the need for an AirRave.

I do visit other people's homes. I even go into them. Do I need to ask them to all get AirRaves so that I can visit.

Frustrating...
    I don't need to make excuses, I was proving a valid point. Either way, I am getting mine tomorrow. Case closed.
    Same here. You lied to get what you wanted, and got upaest when I called you on it Case still open - 'cause I like the "discussion" part of a discussion forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneafriend View Post
    I hear you, but doesn't the need for all these units suggest that Sprint's network is just dreadful.

I mean, I get no bars at home and at work. Then, there are so many of you complaining of the same problem.

Where does the damn signal work properly without the need for an AirRave.

I do visit other people's homes. I even go into them. Do I need to ask them to all get AirRaves so that I can visit.

Frustrating...
    I don't have problems at work, or friends' homes. I don't even have problems in my front yard. I suspect my problem is the number of computers in my home.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Same here. You lied to get what you wanted, and got upaest when I called you on it Case still open - 'cause I like the "discussion" part of a discussion forum.
    You are an ***** since I already told you that I did what I had to since I didn't get one of the "nice reps which hand the airaves out by the dozen". But keep preaching.
    You are an ***** since I already told you that I did what I had to since I didn't get one of the "nice reps which hand the airaves out by the dozen". But keep preaching.
    Yes you did. You said that you called them, and played poker, threatening to cancel service if they did not do what you wanted. This was your initial conversation (or at least, the way you related it, but who knows if you're even telling the truth here, I mean - you have established you'll embellish...)

The fact that you can't seem to defend your actions without name-calling and making up outrageous things about others says a lot.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yes you did. You said that you called them, and played poker, threatening to cancel service if they did not do what you wanted. This was your initial conversation (or at least, the way you related it, but who knows if you're even telling the truth here, I mean - you have established you'll embellish...)

The fact that you can't seem to defend your actions without name-calling and making up outrageous things about others says a lot.
    Once again, you make stuff up to benefit your side of the argument. If you read my original post, you'll see that I called and didn't threaten to cancel right away. Here is my original post.

"Call Sprint today and told them about the poor reception at my house and office (i really DO have poor reception there). I was offered the Airrave at $100 and $4.99 a month (not much of an offer at all). I said that I don't feel that I should pay for something that I shouldn't need in the 1st place with a decent cell phone network. I was put on hold and now the lady told me that they'll go hafsies and I'll only be charged $50 for it + the monthly fee."

Only after they tried to charge me full price for something that I shouldn't need in the 1st place and same something that others were getting for free did I tell them that I will cancel my service, at which point (once again) they chose to make their decision to not charge me for the airave. They are happy cuz they kept the customer, I am happy because now I will have great reception at home and yet there is you, a person who spends their time preaching on the forums while being a hypocrite considering that you lucked out and got the same device as everyone else, but now you look down at anyone who wasn't offered the airave on a pillow like you. I presented my case just like you and yet they offered to charge me for it while you were given it for free. Is that fair? I don't think so. At this time, I will make this my last post as this is a waste of my time and is of no help to anyone here. I gave my advice with my story and I hope that it works out for more people. You, I could care less about but good luck to you nonetheless. Deuces.
    Once again, you make stuff up to benefit your side of the argument. If you read my original post, you'll see that I called and didn't threaten to cancel right away. Here is my original post.

"Call Sprint today and told them about the poor reception at my house and office (i really DO have poor reception there). I was offered the Airrave at $100 and $4.99 a month (not much of an offer at all). I said that I don't feel that I should pay for something that I shouldn't need in the 1st place with a decent cell phone network. I was put on hold and now the lady told me that they'll go hafsies and I'll only be charged $50 for it + the monthly fee."

Only after they tried to charge
    And I submit you've offered nothing to change my view of what happened. You then proceeded (by your own description) to lie - to threaten to cancel, while you admit here that you had no intention of doing so. Then advised others to do the same.

And I submit, again, that you did not try to achieve your goal through honesty.

Then when someone offers a different possibility, you pooh-pooh it by implying they would do the same had they not gotten an easy going CSR. Then further it by calling me a hypocrite. Sorry, doesn't fly. I would have acted the same way had I gotten my Airave. Getting what I wanted by telling the truth is only "hypocrisy" in your "I should be free to do whatever I want" sliding morality world.

I too was quoted the price. I chose a different path. I chose to honestly tell the CSR that I would live with the problem if I had to, but didn't feel I should have to, and didn't feel I should have to pay.

You chose to lie.

We both got our way.

You may like your way better, and that's a shame.
    And I submit you've offered nothing to change my view of what happened. You then proceeded (by your own description) to lie - to threaten to cancel, while you admit here that you had no intention of doing so. Then advised others to do the same.

And I submit, again, that you did not try to achieve your goal through honesty.

Then when someone offers a different possibility, you pooh-pooh it by implying they would do the same had they not gotten an easy going CSR. Then further it by calling me a hypocrite. Sorry, doesn't fly. I would have acted the same way had I gotten my Airave. Getting what I wanted by telling the truth is only "hypocrisy" in your "I should be free to do whatever I want" sliding morality world.

I too was quoted the price. I chose a different path. I chose to honestly tell the CSR that I would live with the problem if I had to, but didn't feel I should have to, and didn't feel I should have to pay.

You chose to lie.

We both got our way.

You may like your way better, and that's a shame.
    Why don't you both PM one another with this silliness.

Btw, I have caught sprint reps lying to me.
    MODS Time to close this thread
    I called CS last night, didn't demand anything. I just told them that I had horrible service at the house and would like something to improve the signal. The guy I talked to was WAY too happy to help and 10 minutes later I hung up with a free Airave + service on the way to the house. I should have it Thursday or Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Hrmm those bastards tried to sell me one for $150 bucks awhile back when my reception was crappy. When I got my pre I contacted them back as the Pre has NO coverage at my house. They dispatched a tech to check the area and called me back saying we will give you an airave for free with 2 years free. I was like "wtf... you guys tried to sell me one last time I told you my serverice sucked here"
    Policy might have changed, especially with the Pre coming out with service issues. Point is, don't complain that Sprint actually helped you.
    Also, hparsons is the moral arbiter. He knows what God feels about things, and if he said you lied, then you did. If he says you covet your neighbors wife, then you do.

Just acccept it, hparsons is better than you.
    When I check for Airave service in my area I get this response.

AIRAVE

"While we are rapidly expanding the coverage areas for Airave, that ZIP code is not currently eligible for Airave service. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Why would this be dependent on local support (if it is going through your router/network/isp)?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Also, hparsons is the moral arbiter. He knows what God feels about things, and if he said you lied, then you did. If he says you covet your neighbors wife, then you do.

Just acccept it, hparsons is better than you.
    Hmmm, don't think I said anything about god, or wives, or even being better than someone else.

However, when someone openly says "I said this, but it wasn't true", then it's pretty fair to say it was a lie.
    Hmmm, don't think I said anything about god, or wives, or even being better than someone else.

However, when someone openly says "I said this, but it wasn't true", then it's pretty fair to say it was a lie.
    There are always two sides to an agrument. You just seem to give everyone a hard time about what they say, and make everything bigger than it really is. Reading between the lines is sometimes a good thing, but adding things between the lines that the person did not intend is another.

I don't really want to get in the middle. I was just trying to difuse it. Mainly, I was just kidding around with you.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast