Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    Get f*$@d.
    I'll pass, you're not my type.

What the hell do you know about my service at home?
    I don't, nor did I prented to.

However, this is what you said:

So I told her to cancel all my lines (I wasn't really going to go through with it, but I play poker and decided to keep my "poker face" on till the very end.)
    The problem is she wasn't playing poker, and you lied.
    It's very simple.

Now, please try to respond without the name calling.
    Please remember that the Airave does not always fix all issues. I have actually been sporadically having issues with calls made through the Airave. i can hear fine but my voice cuts in and out for the people I am talking to.
    just ordered my air rave. 99.99 credit to the account and a 4.99 monthly recurring credit to the account as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have to say SPRINT YOU SUCK!!! I finally got my Airwave and the bastards didn't activate it before they sent it. So I have to call from a place I do not get receiption to activate a device that is supposed to give me reception. IRONIC!

I only have my cell phone and no home phone because I am not on the phone much when I am at home. For those of you that don't have AIRAVE's ask them to activate it before they send it to you. The manual says it should have been activated before shipped or purchasing the item.
    You never said whether or not your issue really was that it wasn't activated, or something else (like the GPS antenna).

Then, I see in another thread, you said:

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    whats funny is i installed my AIRAVE last night and my phone which was in the other room as the AIRAVE was jumping signals like mad.
    This makes it sound like you got it working. In other words, it sounds as if the Airave was indeed activated.

So, what was it, Sprint goofed and didn't activate, or enduser RTFM error?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Can I unplug the gps antennae once it has a lock? I assume it would have to be set back up if there is a power outage. Having a cord running along the wall isn't really feasible with a 2yr and 3yr old running around the house.

BTW, my airave is kicking arse. My signal issues are solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    Can I unplug the gps antennae once it has a lock? I assume it would have to be set back up if there is a power outage. Having a cord running along the wall isn't really feasible with a 2yr and 3yr old running around the house.

Give it a try, see what happens.

Better a "controlled test" than having your rugrats "field test" it for you...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    make up a lame justification to make it sound as if you are in the right"?
    I did no such thing. My number of dropped calls on 2 cell phones is justification for me wanting the airave. Stop preaching. Obviously Sprint has made their decision, who are you to start whining about it? If the cost of the airave was greater than my monthly payments to them and they felt like they were bullied, they could have went the other way, but obviously that is not the case. Maybe your service is great in your house and you don't drop any calls. Good for you, but keep out of my business if you don't have anything valid to add. I was merely trying to help out others with the same issue as mine (bad reception in their house). If that didn't apply to you, refrain from posting your "righteousness" in the future, please.
    You never said whether or not your issue really was that it wasn't activated, or something else (like the GPS antenna).

Then, I see in another thread, you said:

This makes it sound like you got it working. In other words, it sounds as if the Airave was indeed activated.

So, what was it, Sprint goofed and didn't activate, or enduser RTFM error?
    Ever hear of the "ID TEN T" error?
    Lol, I love my Airave, Yea, it was not activated and I had to call from outside my house to get it right, but hey, it's FREE, Full bars all over the place, needless to say my wife also loves the Airave; now she can talk to my sisters, my mom, her mom and her sister all day
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I did no such thing. My number of dropped calls on 2 cell phones is justification for me wanting the airave. Stop preaching. Obviously Sprint has made their decision, who are you to start whining about it? If the cost of the airave was greater than my monthly payments to them and they felt like they were bullied, they could have went the other way, but obviously that is not the case. Maybe your service is great in your house and you don't drop any calls. Good for you, but keep out of my business if you don't have anything valid to add. I was merely trying to help out others with the same issue as mine (bad reception in their house). If that didn't apply to you, refrain from posting your "righteousness" in the future, please.
    Sorry you don't like it, but when you get on a forum like this, and encourage others to falsely state that "they're going to cancel". expect some folks to call foul.

I have no problem that you got a free Airave. I got one myself. I have no poblem that you told others about it. I did that myself.

I do have a problem that you lied, the encouraged others to do so. Read the story about the boy and the wolf. Enough people do what you said, and Sprint is eventually going to turn a deaf ear to "I'm going to have to cancel over this". And, if me posting about it gets someone to reconsider, is indeed adding some valid.

BTW, did you know that CSRs put information in your account when you tell them you're going to cancel? Did you know they track how many times you call, and whether or not your problem was legit? Did you know they can actually see where your dropped calls occured, and when? Did you know that some customers who become too much of a problem for Sprint have been "invited" to leave?

One added bit of information. When I called, I reported that almost all of my lost calls occur from my house. That it wasn't really Sprint's issue, since T-Mobile and ATT had the same problem. That it wasn't something I was going to cancel over (I've lived with it for 6 years); however, it would be nice if I could make calls from house with confidence, and I don't think I should have to pay extra.

I got the same thing without lying or making false threats.

But, it does sound like I touched a nerve with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Ever hear of the "ID TEN T" error?
    Oh yeah, I've been in computer support business for about 25 years now.

I jus think if he's going to say Sprint sucks and call them "bastards", he should own up when it was really ID 10-T issue.

Assuming it turns out that what it was.

While maybe not "deafening"; his silence is a bit loud, no?
    I have Airave. Have had spotty service since I became a customer in 2000. I bought mine when it first came out ( my first mistake ) it does a very mediocre job. Usually will disconnect after about 2 minutes. And I pay something like 19.00 for it plus 5 bucks per phone. 3 phones..... I think I can say wtf - over ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post

I am wondering this as well for the same reason.
    i dont think the unit can be unplugged and used some where else. thats the purpose of the GPS antenna. My unit will not work without the gps antenna attached. with it i believe it verifies the location of the unit and if the cordinates do not match it wont activate.
    Sorry you don't like it, but when you get on a forum like this, and encourage others to falsely state that "they're going to cancel". expect some folks to call foul.

I have no problem that you got a free Airave. I got one myself. I have no poblem that you told others about it. I did that myself.

I do have a problem that you lied, the encouraged others to do so. Read the story about the boy and the wolf. Enough people do what you said, and Sprint is eventually going to turn a deaf ear to "I'm going to have to cancel over this". And, if me posting about it gets someone to reconsider, is indeed adding some valid.

BTW, did you know that CSRs put information in your account when you tell them you're going to cancel? Did you know they track how many times you call, and whether or not your problem was legit? Did you know they can actually see where your dropped calls occured, and when? Did you know that some customers who become too much of a problem for Sprint have been "invited" to leave?

One added bit of information. When I called, I reported that almost all of my lost calls occur from my house. That it wasn't really Sprint's issue, since T-Mobile and ATT had the same problem. That it wasn't something I was going to cancel over (I've lived with it for 6 years); however, it would be nice if I could make calls from house with confidence, and I don't think I should have to pay extra.

I got the same thing without lying or making false threats.

But, it does sound like I touched a nerve with you.
    i have to disagree with you on this but understand your point. The thing is noone should have to lie but sprint should offer this to all or none for free. i admire sprint for even offering this where i know for a fact the other carriers would not. What really bothers me the most is those who take advantage of this and are looking for additional units for the office and even the car for free!! where do these ppl come from, really!!?
    Did you read what I wrote? I said "usually", then went on to say a way to test it. If your Pre isn't working in your home or your yard, then you don't really fit what I'm talking about, do you?

Shhesh, some of you folks on here are something. Makes Sprint's "CS problems" a little easier to understand, that's for sure!
    The problem is that when it comes to the Pre, the problem USUALLY isn't the persons home. It's the Pre. The word USUALLY implies most people and most people are USUALLY having reception issues when they didn't before in their homes.

Hell, my Pre doesn't even get the same reception my other Palm phones got outside, let alone in my home!
    Get off your soap box and take a walk around the block.

It is amazing what some fresh air can do for you!
    This is so funny. I called the *2 number, hit zero to speak with someone. The lady asked my name and I told her. Told her my calls were being dropped, which they really are, in my home. She checked my address and said they have been getting lots of calls about this in the area, and that the area is not in a High Speed coverage area. She could sell and charge monthly fee for airwave. I told her it was ridiculous that I would have to pay extra for the use of my phone, and she said for me to use it outside!

I told her no thanks and hung up.

Called Retentions directly. He asked my name, then for my PIN. The first lady didn't and I didn't think I'd get far. This Retentions guy checked, and saw that I was in the area for a 'free' airwave. So, it's being sent out!! COOL

He was funny. He answered the phone laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    i dont think the unit can be unplugged and used some where else. thats the purpose of the GPS antenna. My unit will not work without the gps antenna attached. with it i believe it verifies the location of the unit and if the cordinates do not match it wont activate.
    What you are saying is that it needs to be configured to work at the place where it is going to be used. That makes sense, but if you move out and have a different address, then you probably just need to reconfigure it again and set it up to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    i have to disagree with you on this but understand your point. The thing is noone should have to lie but sprint should offer this to all or none for free. i admire sprint for even offering this where i know for a fact the other carriers would not. What really bothers me the most is those who take advantage of this and are looking for additional units for the office and even the car for free!! where do these ppl come from, really!!?
    I don't believe people have to lie to get the Airave. I didn't. I even told the rep that I wasn't going to cancel over the issue, only that I thought it reasonable that I should get good coverage at home.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast