Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    just got on the phone at 6:27 thought their direct line and he's placing the order now all free of charge for 2 years god i love sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    Moral of the story? Be stern with them and stand your ground. If the network was perfect, we wouldn't be in this thread to begin with. They should be accomodating to their customers, especially since Sprint is far from the top cell carriers (look at the statistics and how many customers they lost last year, not to mention their stock vs Verizon and AT&T). Hope this helps.
    Don't you mean "moral of the story, lie and bully your way to get what you want, then make up a lame justification to make it sound as if you are in the right"?

No cell company can guarantee you service in every building you want to have service. If what you are doing is "right", then telling the truth will get you what is right. If you have to lie, there's a reason...

It's stuff like the advice you're giving that will kill programs like this for others.

Sprint will eventually get tired of people bluffing, then bragging about it and encouraging others to do the same.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I have to say SPRINT YOU SUCK!!! I finally got my Airwave and the bastards didn't activate it before they sent it. So I have to call from a place I do not get receiption to activate a device that is supposed to give me reception. IRONIC!

I only have my cell phone and no home phone because I am not on the phone much when I am at home. For those of you that don't have AIRAVE's ask them to activate it before they send it to you. The manual says it should have been activated before shipped or purchasing the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72guy View Post
    Me neither------but you should. Just about everyone else is getting unlimited years free when the Airave is required. Now they're screwing this guy around again with free service for 2 years.

bastards
    wtf
    All reoccurring discounts expire after 2 years. So if you got a free Airave, be prepared to pay the $5/month in 2 years (assuming the Airave is even useful then)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    For those that are about to blast me about how they should be getting the service they pay for at home... the fact is that it's usually something in the home that causes the interference. One way to tell for sure - if you get bad reception in your home, and good reception in your front yard - the problem likely lies in your home.
    Tell that to all the people like me who have had palm phones for years in the same home and haven't had reception issues until getting the Pre. Also, the Pre reception issues aren't just in people's homes.

My centro and other palm devices ALL had better reception than the Pre in every location I visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have to say SPRINT YOU SUCK!!! I finally got my Airwave and the bastards didn't activate it before they sent it. So I have to call from a place I do not get receiption to activate a device that is supposed to give me reception. IRONIC!

I only have my cell phone and no home phone because I am not on the phone much when I am at home. For those of you that don't have AIRAVE's ask them to activate it before they send it to you. The manual says it should have been activated before shipped or purchasing the item.
    I've been following your posts in this thread and feel inclined to ask you if you walk under ladders daily, or does a black cat just follow you around?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    It seems the only problems are with Sprint so I would say no. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    Tell that to all the people like me who have had palm phones for years in the same home and haven't had reception issues until getting the Pre. Also, the Pre reception issues aren't just in people's homes.

My centro and other palm devices ALL had better reception than the Pre in every location I visit.
    Did you read what I wrote? I said "usually", then went on to say a way to test it. If your Pre isn't working in your home or your yard, then you don't really fit what I'm talking about, do you?

Shhesh, some of you folks on here are something. Makes Sprint's "CS problems" a little easier to understand, that's for sure!
    It seems the only problems are with Sprint so I would say no. :P
    I'm curious, what indicator was that they didn't activate it? On mine, the system light never went to blue like it was supposed. My fear was that they had neglected to activate it. However, I plugged in the GPS antenna, and it cnnected after about 30 mintues.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Everything was blue except the system light.

Really? Did you read the manual and setup the GPS antenna properly by a window?

And FYI - these are set at the factory not the sprint store/office. the gps antenna along with the web connection verify the unit and activate it.....
    I have been a regular caller to tech support, account services for the last six months due to one problem or another with my HTC Touch. They offered me an airave back when my problems started but it was not coverage related at the time. Just called tonight to verify program still in effect. The next tower is due less than a mile from my house but not until AUG 2010. They agreed to send the Airave and waive fee's. (My RSSI -111) Hopefully this will allow me to keep the Pre. If your coverage area is listed as Fair or worse you shouldn't have a problem getting airave. Both advanced tech support and account services were very friendly and helpful.
    How do you check your RSSI?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    How do you check your RSSI?
    ##debug# scroll down you will see it and a huge number of other information
    Everything was blue except the system light.
    That does not necessarily indicate that it was not activated. Mine did exactly the same thing. I attached the GPS antenna, and 30 minutes later it connected.
    I called Sprint too because I can't get any calls at work. And if I do it gets disconnected or people can't understand what I'm saying. Very dissapointing for a High end expensive phone. I love the Pre but basic features should work period. I'm glad I got this equipment Free.
    I'm gonna use it at work M-F but I wonder if I can use it at home on weekends.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/19/2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Don't you mean "moral of the story, lie and bully your way to get what you want, then make up a lame justification to make it sound as if you are in the right"?

No cell company can guarantee you service in every building you want to have service. If what you are doing is "right", then telling the truth will get you what is right. If you have to lie, there's a reason...

It's stuff like the advice you're giving that will kill programs like this for others.

Sprint will eventually get tired of people bluffing, then bragging about it and encouraging others to do the same.
    Get f*$@d. What the hell do you know about my service at home? I get 1 bar at best (same as my girlfriend on her sprint cell who lives with me). We both constantly get dropped calls at home and if you were smart enough to read my entire post, you'd see that even at the office when the rep called me, she couldn't even continue the conversation due to lack of network. I have 3 lines with sprint and pay over $150 each month, so to them, giving me a $100 (mind you, that is NOT the price that they pay for it) and waving a $4.99 monthly fee is NOTHING compared to how much they get from me. And its not unjustified since I really can use it so I dont get dropped calls at my house (which verizon does not). But I like Sprint and their customer service and I get great network outside in my area, so I stick with them as I have for over 5 years now. So don't talk **** without knowing anything about me, moron.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Maybe Sprint will open this back up once they've built some back end software to corroborate customer stories about no service. They have data for all your calls and what towers they were made from. I bet they collect stats about dropped or low signal calls too. You can bet they are building (or have built) some reporting into the system that the customer service people use to determine whether you might need an airave or not. If they have such reporting, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll make an internal notation on your account that it looks like you might just be looking for freebies.
    When my Pre drops a call in my apt, it says "call dropped". Not sure if the sprint CS rep could see the ridiculous number of dropped calls I had at home or not, but that could explain why she offered me the airave for free right away.
    Well I just got off the phone - 1:10 CDT Friday 6/19 - and no Airave. After telling him my story and that this was my 2nd call, he put me on hold for about a minute. Came back to "well since your problem is inside a building, we can't guarantee signal quality. Sorry. You might consider buying this thing called an Airave, available at stores, that boosts the signal."

So..... We'll see but I think I might just be writing some code here soon to force roaming when the GPS shows that I'm at the house. As it is right now, since I started using the Sprint only with the ##EVDO# setting, things are at least stable. The dropped calls have not gone away, but they are significantly reduced.

I think the real problem here is that the Pre's code that tries to determine what network is best, keeps switching so fast from Sprint to a roaming network that the calls get dropped. IF (and that's a big if) I'm right, it seems that would be fixable by a code update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    Well I just got off the phone - 1:10 CDT Friday 6/19 - and no Airave. After telling him my story and that this was my 2nd call, he put me on hold for about a minute. Came back to "well since your problem is inside a building, we can't guarantee signal quality. Sorry. You might consider buying this thing called an Airave, available at stores, that boosts the signal."

So..... We'll see but I think I might just be writing some code here soon to force roaming when the GPS shows that I'm at the house. As it is right now, since I started using the Sprint only with the ##EVDO# setting, things are at least stable. The dropped calls have not gone away, but they are significantly reduced.

I think the real problem here is that the Pre's code that tries to determine what network is best, keeps switching so fast from Sprint to a roaming network that the calls get dropped. IF (and that's a big if) I'm right, it seems that would be fixable by a code update.
    Please clarify the "##EVDO# setting". I can go into network settings from the phone app and change the network to Sprint Only, and that removes the data roaming option, but I cannot get ##EVDO# entered successfully from the dialpad or the keypad.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast