Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My shiny new touchstone had super stick powers when it arrived. However, after transporting to work a few times, and especially after being accidentally set on paper that then adhered like nuts to the surface and had to be painstakingly fingernailed off, I am wondering - is there an approved way to wash gunk off the adhesive "gecko" bottom of the touchstone and restore some of that adhesive magic?

PSA don't put your touchstone on anything resembling paper.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    From what I have heard if you wash it very carefully with soap and water using a small rag it should work again.
    I really thought that I would be able to use my Touchstone in multiple locations, but after seeing that adhesive pad, I just ordered a second one for work. Better than fumbling to hook mine up every time anyway.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    I cleaned mine with the damp corner of a paper towel and a tiny bit of liquid dish washing detergent. Cleaned the base right up and now it sticks like glue. I wouldn't be afraid of moving it a lot since cleaning it restores the stickiness like new.
    I use an eyeglass cleaner kit (70% isopropyl alcohol and a lint free microfiber cloth) on my Palm Touchstone with excellent results.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Is it me or did the touchstone package have nothing on or in it in regards to cleaning it?

You think for something you spend 70 bucks for (because they can get us to pay that lol)
    that it would have some sorta cleaning instructions or whatever
    Soap and worked worked great and thanks for the suggestion. Sorli...
    It's not exactly gecko magic - gecko feet have ridges, the touchstone has tubes. Although the fundamental physical principle is the same.

That said, the most elegant, simple and quick solution is to take some duct tape / scotch tape and stick it on your touchstone bottom. Tear it off and look at all the gunk that's now on the tape, and out of your stone's nanotubes. Do it twice, and it's going to be almost like new.