Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Has anybody else done this?

Since the Pre's audio output is a 3.5mm jack and fits any audio accessory, it also fits the cassette tape converter I use to play my iPod through the car stereo. (I would also work on an AUX input jack if you have).

I can plug the Pre in when I get a call, then I hear the caller through the car stereo. I can put the Pre down somewhere in the front seat and the speakerphone works well enough that they hear me just fine.

It's very cool. I'm told that the call quality is excellent on their end, even with the Pre being a few feet away. (Although, if I turn the stereo up really loud, they get feedback).
    I was using a similar setup to listen to Pandora thru my car stereo. Then the phone rang. Viola...just like bluetooth!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have done this with the earphones too....works perfectly.
    What's a casette tape? J/K, I actually thought about this, but unfortunately no tape deck in my vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post

Since the Pre's audio output is a 3.5mm jack and fits any audio accessory, it also fits the cassette tape converter I use to play my iPod through the car stereo. (I would also work on an AUX input jack if you have).

I can plug the Pre in when I get a call, then I hear the caller through the car stereo. I can put the Pre down somewhere in the front seat and the speakerphone works well enough that they hear me just fine.

It's very cool. I'm told that the call quality is excellent on their end, even with the Pre being a few feet away. (Although, if I turn the stereo up really loud, they get feedback).
    My solution is called UConnect from my MyGIG system on my car

A hands free solution, mic in review mirror, and voice is over speakers. Oh and my contacts get Bluetoothed over to the MyGIG too.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This is a Chrysler only product it seems.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post

Yeah I did this yesterday and they got quite a bit of feedback. Maybe my hearing sucks
    my car has an aux jack for the plug so i'm straight plugged in. works awesomely well.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Actually, I was playing music on my Pre through my car's aux jack when a phone call came through. I took the call by speakerphone and things went swimmingly. Had to turn down the volume because the caller did complain about echo.
    I had to buy an iphone G1 adapter for my cassette tape, otherwise it wouldn't work. The problem is that the pre doesn't work with plugs that have only 2 lines, it needs 3.