1.    #1  
    Received my order from Seidio yesterday: Holster, 1350 battery and retractable microUSB cord. Have used the Seidio holster for about a year for my 755p - great product and Seidio retractable cords for several years.

The retractable cords are so convenient for traveling, but they are delicate and don't last forever. If your not traveling, Office Depot is carrying std 6' microUSB cords - just don't ask for them, Staff has no idea what microUSB is and will tell you they don't carry (also not on Depot's website).

Will have to let the new battery run through several days of charges to see if I can tell the difference. Was very happy with my Seidio extended battery for the Treo.

I purchased the Sprint POS holster, but returned it before I left the store - just seemed unsafe (recall proves this right). Have only used the Seidio holster for a few hours, but seems perfect. The Pre rides face in, for protection. I have always loved the rotating clip (Rivet is metal) - I like to care horizontal for easy removal, but then swivel vertical in the car so it does not ride on the seat belt. I thought the latch mechanism was a little weird at first, but it seems to be a safety feature. The latch must be fully lifted in order to release the Pre. The is a small sharp edge at the top the Pre, where the body meets the face. If the latch is only partially lifted, the edge of the latch catches on this edge and prevents the Pre from falling or coming out. Not sure if this was design or accident - is taking a little getting used to, because I only had to partially lift the latch to smoothly release the Treo.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    You say that the Palm hip case was a POS? or the Slip case?

And in a couple days do you think you could let us know if there is any wearing wear the holster holds the Pre? I need a hostler but do not know which one to get yet....
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    i wouldnt trust that. and yes the palm premium holster is garbage.
    imo get the palm leather side case
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I can't do a slide case. I wear shorts without pockets too much and if I do have pockets I hate having my phone in it for when I get in my car. My car is rather low to the ground and my Treo has fallen out several times and hit the ground when I had it in my pocket instead of its hip case.

My Treo case had a little slot to put a couple bills or a credit card which was just awesome for when I didn't carry a wallet. If someone made one like that for the Pre I would buy it ASAP.
  5.    #5  
    Been wearing the Seidio Holster for a couple of days - Working great, no issues. You can place it upside down in Holster, so earphone jack is uncovered for holstered listening. Much better than the nice, but hard to extract, leather Palm case. The ribbon would get twisted a couple of times a day and I would have to futz with it - minor pain. I've been very happy with Seidio accessories - they do a good job
    Last edited by KevMiami; 06/18/2009 at 10:23 AM.

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Does it work with Invisible Shield or other skins?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    Been wearing the Seidio Holster for a couple of days - Working great, no issues. You can place it upside down in Holster, so earphone jack is uncovered for holstered listening. Much better than the nice, but hard to extract, leather Palm case. The ribbon would get twisted a couple of times a day and I would have to futz with it - minor pain. I've been very happy with Seidio accessories - they do a good job
    Can the phone be removed, without removing the headphones, if they are attached while phone is upside down? Thx
  8.    #8  
    Yes, completely unfettered access (see attached); just have to rotate Pre in your hand, as you are holding upside down - not such a big deal with palm controlled headphones (pause/play/FF).
    Attached Images Attached Images

9.    #9  
    Cool, just made me check some Altec wired headphones (w/Mic) I had and it's button also causes the player to function the same way (play/pause/FFwd-push twice).

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pic Kev.. very helpful.

Do the two corner holders cover the power switch, iow can you use the power button to ignore calls?
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Thanks for the pic Kev.. very helpful.

Do the two corner holders cover the power switch, iow can you use the power button to ignore calls?
    If you put the Pre in upside down..then yes.

Gotta choose between listening to music or being able to hit the power button with this case. It would be very cool if a new model came out with a fork like top clip...with a slit in the middle so you could get to the headphone jack.
    Answered my own question. Got the holster and works fine with Invisible Shield. This holster seems tighter fit than Centro which is good. Maybe it's the invisible shield.

Now if I could just get the car touchstone thing going.