Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I read in a few forums that not all Micro USB cables and modular car and AC adapters work. Some apparently work but charge twice as long as the standard Palm gear. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the cord, charger or both.

Furthermore, I'm not sure I care about all the technical reasons why this works and that doesn't. I just want something cheap I can use at the office if I need to.

Can someone post where they obtained modular charging equipment that works and charges at the rate of the OEM Palm equipment? I am interested in getting a generic wall charger with a USB output and a Micro USB cable.

Like this: monoprice(dot com) /products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031106&p_id=4874&seq=1&format=2

And this: monoprice(dot com) /products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=4867&seq=1&format=2
    http://store.precentral.net/
    if they dont work, you know who to complain..
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks for the post. Definitively appreciated. However, I was thinking about something much less expensive. Heck, Monoprice has cables for $2 and AC chargers for less than that. I'm just not sure I should jump if some work and some don't.
    I got a Seidio brand car charger for $8 which works fine with the Pre.
    from OTHER POST (if you search) they have said that ANY 5v 1amp (1000mA) usb chargers work, but on some you need to short out the 2 center pins (the data pins, the outside pins are the power supply pins) on them to get the touchstone/pre to know its a 1000mA charger and not a 500mA charger. As for cables, the monoprice ones seem to work well (some people have said the gold plated ones work better) and if you shave off a little but of the rubber/plastic on the micro usb end it will fit the touchstone