Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I've tried a Amzer screen protector - pretty legit but you can still tell there is a screen on it, it is a little more "tacky", and a few residual super small bubbles remain. I peeled that baby off in two days, and have resigned myself to no screen protector.

Face it, no matter what you try to tell yourself, the screen protectors are 1) a pain in the a$$ to put on, 2) Look lame, 3) Take away from the true "feel" of the pre, and 4) make the screen look a little "sunk" into the device...hard to explain.

I'm going with no screen protector, because face it; in two years we're all going to get the latest and greatest webOS device, we're not likely to sell our phones at that time, and is 2 years of dealing with a screen protector really worth it?

Who's with me?

Strip that Pre, let those pre-ties hang out!
    scratches look worse than screen protectors

that is all
    *sigh... I resolved not to get a screen protector.
    I need one though. I wore two out on my touch pro so I kniw what the Pre is in for ):
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Only semi-true. In the past three years i've no less than 7 different phones and I've been able to sell them all (especially the blackberries) for at least 75% of what i paid for them. The screen protectors kept the body and screen of each in top shape -- a little scrub down afterwards and I was able to sell them in excellent condition. I sold my 8330 on CraigsList for $200, which subsidized pretty much the entire cost of the Pre.

If you told me I could sell my phone 2 years from now for $150, I'd be all for it.
  5.    #5  
    If you told me I could sell my phone 2 years from now for $150, I'd be all for it.
    If you get a couple fine scratches on the pre, you sell it for $130 rather than $150. Plus you didn't drop $20 on a screen protector, so it's all good.

Don't put keys in the pre-pocket, don't rock a man-purse, keep that pre black/orange cloth wrapped and I say once again - let those pre-ties hang out!
    this is interesting, I just recently started a thread asking people if they knew anything about the amzer sp's because I couldnt make up my mind if I wanted one or not... does it really look that bad?
    Reasons in favor of a screen protector

1 - Resale value
    2 - Resale value
    3 - The InvisibleShield looks pretty good
    4 - The additional grip of the screen protector makes it easier to open the slider
    5 - Did I mention resale value?
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Loss of smooth tactile feel is the biggest reason I stay away from screen protectors. Much like the adhesive film I recently ripped off my laptop's touchpad, adhesive films feel like I'm wearing a glove when using touch surfaces.
  9.    #9  
    5 - Did I mention resale value?
    Blah, how much less do you really think the resale value is for a phone with minor scratches (if the pre even gets scratches!).

Is handicapping your phone for 2 years worth the $20-$50 you would loose for a blemished phone versus a perfect screen? Plus, factor in the cost of the screen protector...

Heck, might as well put protective screens on all consumer products.
    Time to go find a giant car condom so I can sell that whip sans scratches.

Eh, I guess it's personal preference, but to me, just not worth it.
    can we get pics with the Amzer covers on the pre or did you take them off? Were these them: Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm - Palm Pre - Screen Protectors - Fommy.com
    I love the look of mine and it is getting better after "polishing" and 48 hours. To each his/her own though. I scratched my Centro all over, but as long as it worked, I didn't much care. The Pre seems a bit more delicate and so I'm inclined to be a bit more careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbjd View Post
    Heck, might as well put protective screens on all consumer products.
    Time to go find a giant car condom so I can sell that whip sans scratches.

Eh, I guess it's personal preference, but to me, just not worth it.
    How about put protective screens on things you carry around in your pocket but not on things you don't? I didn't think it was very hard to put my invisible shield on and actually found it pretty rewarding based on reading about those that did have difficulties. Before I applied mine, I visited many forums and watched almost every single video on the subject out there. I really like my invisible shield.
    Blah, how much less do you really think the resale value is for a phone with minor scratches (if the pre even gets scratches!).

Is handicapping your phone for 2 years worth the $20-$50 you would loose for a blemished phone versus a perfect screen?
    2 years? Who keeps their mobile phone for 2 years?

I like to keep my devices in pristine condition if possible. You beat your a$$ there is a big difference in price for a $500+ phone that is all scratched up vs. one that is not. I go with the full version of the InvisibleShield on sale they are $12.50 and well worth every penny. There's a slight difference in the feel but it's not a 'handicap'. All screen protectors are NOT created equal and the material from InvisibleShield is pretty good. You can actually polish it with Plexus plastic polish, it look like new again.

Each his own...totally agree on that though.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    well for at least the first 30 day trail just leave the plastic protector that comes with the pre on it. I just cut the top tab part off and using it that way. Not a clean look I reailze but it is free
    If you get a couple fine scratches on the pre, you sell it for $130 rather than $150. Plus you didn't drop $20 on a screen protector, so it's all good.!
    How do you qualify that statement?

Fact is, if there are any blemishes, your resale value drops dramatically.
    If you stick with Sprint, you're eligible for upgrade in 12 months (Pre plan = Premier assuming they don't do away with it altogether). If a Pre2 or similar hits, you'll be all over it.
    will !! Can someone help me know which one i Screen Protector i should take as they have two diffrent one and price is just dobule to 1st one I'm planning to buy but want to know which one is good and worth of money ...
    Amzer® Super Clear Screen Protector with Cleaning Cloth For Palm Pre[/URL] for $ 4.95

another one is Amzer® Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm Pre[/URL] for $ 8.95...
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    can we get pics with the Amzer covers on the pre or did you take them off? Were these them: Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm - Palm Pre - Screen Protectors - Fommy.com
    DONT buy the fommy, they do NOT fit right, WAY OFF. They are in 1 word, junk!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    It would absolutely bug me to look at a screen with a scratch on on it

And i would NEVER buy a used phone with scratches all over it as it tells me how the past owner treated or looked after the device. (what other things could be wrong with it)

Just would not buy it

Skins: necessary evil.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    So I've tried a Amzer screen protector - pretty legit but you can still tell there is a screen on it, it is a little more "tacky", and a few residual super small bubbles remain. I peeled that baby off in two days, and have resigned myself to no screen protector.

Face it, no matter what you try to tell yourself, the screen protectors are 1) a pain in the a$$ to put on, 2) Look lame, 3) Take away from the true "feel" of the pre, and 4) make the screen look a little "sunk" into the device...hard to explain.

I'm going with no screen protector, because face it; in two years we're all going to get the latest and greatest webOS device, we're not likely to sell our phones at that time, and is 2 years of dealing with a screen protector really worth it?

Who's with me?

Strip that Pre, let those pre-ties hang out!

I agree
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast