Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I haven't had enough time to evaluate it yet, but after a full charge, it did maintain a 100% charge for about 3 hours while I was in a restaurant with very low Sprint signal tonight... Has anyone else received a Seidio 1350mAh Pre battery yet?
    Planning on buying mine this weekend Keep us informed on what you think of it.
    got mine as well. also experienced the exact same thing, sat at 100% for atleast an hour or so and it kinda scared me thinking maybe it wasnt reading the actual battery life accurately so i started turning on all kinds of things till it hit 99. the package said to charge it a full 8 hours before use but... doesnt the pre stop charging the battery after its 100% even if its plugged in? I havent really ran any tests either but it does alrdy seem to be significant. The package also said full performance would be obtained after 5 or 6 charge cycles
    Got mine as well - waiting to see how things work out.... took it off the charger at about 2pm - and I have 80% at 10pm. Havn't really done anything more taxing though than clear email and surf the web a bit. No phone calls.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Great, please keep us informed...... I'm on the fence about getting one...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Yeah, please let us know how it performs. I'm thinking about picking this up if it provides enough of an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Great, please keep us informed...... I'm on the fence about getting one...
    I hear you - the big problem is that in addition to buying the battery, you really need to buy a charger as well so you don't have to pop your spare battery in to recharge. Apparently, I didn't think of that when I bought it (Doh) so will probabably be ordering a charger when I order an extended battery for my wife (if this works out).
    Last edited by levelbest; 06/16/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

anyone know if the seidio centro extended batteries work for the pre? it seems people are using the OEM centro batteries in their Pres fine, why not the seidio extended battery?
    I haven't kept up on third-party batteries. Haven't really needed one in the past--not because my previous phones had such great battery life, but because I didn't use 'em as much as I've been using my Pre.

Is Seidio a trustworthy brand?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I hear you - the big problem is that in addition to buying the battery, you really need to buy a charger as well so you don't have to pop the battery in to recharge. Apparently, I didn't think of that when I bought it (Doh) so will probabably be ordering a charger when I order an extended battery for my wife (if this works out).
    What do you mean ? This is the one that fits in the Pre without the bulge right ? Does it not work with the touchstone ?

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Is Seidio a trustworthy brand?
    Yup, they are trustworthy. Been using them for years.
    What do you mean ? This is the one that fits in the Pre without the bulge right ? Does it not work with the touchstone ?
    No, works perfectly - maybe I wasn't clear.

I want to use my original battery as a spare - which means I want to keep it charged and ready to go. No way to do this when the SEIDIO battery is in use (I know - call me captain obvious).

The replacement battery works with the touchstone and is a perfect fit.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Nice should be getting mine tomorrow.
    I hear you - the big problem is that in addition to buying the battery, you really need to buy a charger as well so you don't have to pop the battery in to recharge. Apparently, I didn't think of that when I bought it (Doh) so will probabably be ordering a charger when I order an extended battery for my wife (if this works out).
    Can you explain what you mean by this? You mean so you can charge it before putting it in the phone? I read somewhere else that even though it says you should do that on the packaging that it really is just a misprint... you can just charge it the first time in your phone.

I guess it also says to charge for a full 8 hours before use but I seriously doubt that is really necessary... just expect a few full charges before you get the full potential of the battery. (just like with the battery that came with the pre)

If that isn't what you meant then please explain.
    if you have two batteries, how do you charge the second? apparently, with the charger you can charge the extra battery and the pre at the same time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No, works perfectly - maybe I wasn't clear.

I want to use my original battery as a spare - which means I want to keep it charged and ready to go. No way to do this when the SEIDIO battery is in use (I know - call me captain obvious).

The replacement battery works with the touchstone and is a perfect fit.
    Oh ok, got scared there for a sec. lol.. Ok I understand what you mean now... I'm sure they'll come up with a dual charger like they have before..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Are there any current discounts available when ordering this battery?
    10% off orders above $50
    ITB0630

exp 6/30/09
    Oh ok, got scared there for a sec. lol.. Ok I understand what you mean now... I'm sure they'll come up with a dual charger like they have before..
    Yep though with the usb port on the side, it becomes a challenge unless they figure out some touchstone solution with a spare bat charger.

For now SEIDIO offers a wall charger for your spare that looks pretty compact and good for travel which will also allow you to pass thru the usb cable to charge the pre at the same time.

Multi Function Battery Charger
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Wow, I can't reply to my own thread with links because I only have 8 posts so far...
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast