Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I need one
    Just posting back - a few days now with the better fitting 2nd battery from SEIDIO and still no resets. Looking good....
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Just posting back - a few days now with the better fitting 2nd battery from SEIDIO and still no resets. Looking good....
    Same here, no resets with my new replacement battery. Thanks Seidio.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm also debating on buying an extended battery. Do you guys think they will make a higher capacity oem sized battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I'm also debating on buying an extended battery. Do you guys think they will make a higher capacity oem sized battery?
    No, they couldn't do it with the Centro or Treo 800w, all we got was the "humpback" extended battery.

Amzer shows they have a 1400 mAH battery that's the size of the standard battery but I don't have any feedback on that one.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, they couldn't do it with the Centro or Treo 800w, all we got was the "humpback" extended battery.

Amzer shows they have a 1400 mAH battery that's the size of the standard battery but I don't have any feedback on that one.
    ok thanks. I guess i'll just wait til the 2600 battery comes out and see how it'll make the pre look
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    well i call seidio and explain my issue and the guy told me he is not inform with any issue with the battery.He told me to pull the contacts a little bit to make the battery fit better. He end up sending me a new battery that i just receive ,but the contacts are the same as the first one.How did you order your new battery.
    [QUOTE=wealthyrich;1739986]I found a battery 1400 mAh for the Pre! (Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ) And it works! I've been using it for 2 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

I went the whole day with out it charging it!

Thanks for the info. Their Customer Messenger Rep said it will also work with the Palm TS. Are you having the fit issues that many are having with the Seidio? Props once again to Seidio for their continual support. but I don't play favorites (If Seidio could one up AMZER with 1800 mAh I'd buy it). Everyone has different wants and my personal preference is to get the max amount of juice I can without increasing the width of the pre Pre form factor cuz I'm already happy with my IS and Palm Slide out case.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [QUOTE=TNSamurai;1758723]
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    I found a battery 1400 mAh for the Pre! (Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ) And it works! I've been using it for 2 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

I went the whole day with out it charging it!

Thanks for the info. Their Customer Messenger Rep said it will also work with the Palm TS. Are you having the fit issues that many are having with the Seidio? Props once again to Seidio for their continual support. but I don't play favorites (If Seidio could one up AMZER with 1800 mAh I'd buy it). Everyone has different wants and my personal preference is to get the max amount of juice I can without increasing the width of the pre Pre form factor cuz I'm already happy with my IS and Palm Slide out case.
    Nice. Who did you end up ordering it through?
    [QUOTE=craftsman;1758728]
    Quote Originally Posted by TNSamurai View Post

Nice. Who did you end up ordering it through?
    Since I'm a noob I can't post a link. So here goes: fommy dot com. They also have a 10% off coupon which took care of the 4.99 shipping cost. I decided to take the plunge and order the charger too after watching their youtube video using a PALM battery. I can always send it back if it does not work. I will post the performance once I get it. Thanks to everyone on this post with helping me with this decision. Now that I have done this there is sure to be someone out there with an 1800 or 2000 mAh in the works. Oh well Que sera sera.

Thanks, guys!! I'm going nuts over my Pre's battery drain.. Just got it three days ago and can't believe that some of you make it through an entire morning without entirely draining your batteries! Hmmm... maybe my battery/Pre is defective?
    When I used Google Maps to drive to a call the other day (took me approx. 45min), I noticed that my battery drained 1% every minute..

Hope that it either gets better over time (??), or one of the more powerful battery packs (1350+ mAh) will do the trick. Right now, I'm pretty disappointed about the battery issue... but I love my Pre!!
    Last edited by arminusa; 07/17/2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    To the fellow who bought the battery charger deal from ebay, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by roninj; 07/18/2009 at 02:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arminusa View Post

Thanks, guys!! I'm going nuts over my Pre's battery drain.. Just got it three days ago and can't believe that some of you make it through an entire morning without entirely draining your batteries! Hmmm... maybe my battery/Pre is defective?
    When I used Google Maps to drive to a call the other day (took me approx. 45min), I noticed that my battery drained 1% every minute..

Hope that it either gets better over time (??), or one of the more powerful battery packs (1350+ mAh) will do the trick. Right now, I'm pretty disappointed about the battery issue... but I love my Pre!!

It does get much better after a week or so. Now mine will lose about 12% overnight (9hrs) in standby with GPS on.
    Got the Amzer 1400 mAh Slim Extended battery battery and popped it into my Pre. I did note that the rating on the Amzer charger is for 800 mA and not the desired 1000 mA for the PALM Pre accessories. Also the cells are made in Japan while the cells are made in Korea for the PALM battery both good quality. It fit snug with no problems so no makeshift wedges were needed. I flipped the keyboard a few times and rotated the phone around to see if the battery would cut off. Everything checked out good. The battery came with about a 50% charge so I started charging it at 1800 hrs on my TS. It charged to 90% an hour later and topped off at 1942 hrs. I also recharged the PALM battery using the Amzer charger until the LED turned green. I popped it out and put it back in to make sure it would still indicate a full charge. The LED flashed red for about a minute and then turned green so the charger seems to be a backup battery charger for the PALM and AMZER batteries. I will post discharge details in a later post but now for the 1.1 update woohoo!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I've gotta get one and do a review for it
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    +1
    +2
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Id only do a larger capacity battery if it were no thicker.. Thickness in phones is my #1 gripe, since they go in my back pocket.
    back pocket?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Definitely give props to Seidio for being active in the forums and responsive to customer issues.
    agreed.
    I'm trying to decide between the Seidio 1350 or the Amzer 1400.
    Same here. I've been reading all the posts on both batteries in different threads, and I'm still uncertain about which one I should get. Maybe I'll just get it from Seidio. I've ordered stuff through them before, and I've pretty satisfied with their products.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast