Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 190
  1. #141  
    So what's the verdict seidio users? Is the extra 200 mah worth the extra $20? Power user here.
  2. #142  
    i'm waiting for the 'double capacity' battery myself
  3. #143  
    Have used it for 10 days. I will be returning it for exchange as it stopped working. After replacing original battery with it my Pre would just shut down periodically for no apparent reason. Following the most recent shutdown, unlike previous instances where a normal restart brought the Pre back to life, the Pre would not restart and showed first a screen with a power plug and ? symbol and then a lightening bolt over a redline screen. Replacing it with original battery brought Pre back to life. I hope I just had a bad battery.
    jjjamrio
  4. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #145  
    My Seidio Innocell 1350 mAh just came in today; for the record, I like Seidio products, as I've been a happy user of their extended battery cell for my prior phone the Motorola Q9c. It similarly offered about 15% more battery life over the OEM cell, and I thought it was a really helpful addition to get me through the day.

    I charged it up (actually using a nice Motorola external battery I discuss here) and the first thing I did was to flick the Pre open/closed several times very vigorously to test the claims that the design of the Seidio resulted in the Pre resetting. After many strong flicks with no adverse effects, I was ready to film my experiences...



    ...and as luck would have it, I had my first reset right there in crystal clear HD video. That was a little alarming to say the least, but many, many more flicking tests later, and I have not been able to reproduce the problem. It could be that the battery wasn't quite seated yet since I took the cover off for filming, and it was a one-time deal.

    At any rate, I offer the video up to further the discourse on the battery, and I will keep tabs on my Pre; I'll be sure to let you all know if I experience another reset.
  5. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    So what's the verdict seidio users? Is the extra 200 mah worth the extra $20? Power user here.
    I have had mine for a while now and I notice little or no difference. I am contemplating returning it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I have had mine for a while now and I notice little or no difference. I am contemplating returning it.
    Is an extra 15% really going to be that noticeable?
  7. #148  
    As a follow-up my battery works fine. I played non stop music for 4 hour and had 25% battery remaining.
  8. itzkhanh's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #149  
    seidoseido suddenly disappeared.

    was going to purchase but not anymore. Will find a more legit battery or just wait for seido to clear this up. (and give us a discount)
  9. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm PREezy View Post
    seidoseido suddenly disappeared.

    was going to purchase but not anymore. Will find a more legit battery or just wait for seido to clear this up. (and give us a discount)

    what do you mean exactly by disappeared, their site?
  10. #151  
    I wanted to post an update to this since I was one of the folks who posted pictures and mentioned that the extended battery was a problem.

    Well, SEIDIO sent me a new battery out as an advance RMA.

    Immediately, I noticed the depths of the contacts were different on the new one compared to the old. So, either they have changed their design specs (I ordered mine right when they were released) or I got a bad one - but the new battery is no where near as deep from the surface to the metal contacts.

    As a result, I have inserted it and slammed a number of times and the device has not shut off. This is the same phone that would shut off 90% of the time on a hard close before with the other battery.

    I'll keep an eye on it for a few days but things seem better. Now whether battery life is that much better to be worth it - remains to be seen but at least it's not shutting off.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

    Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
  11. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    So what's the verdict seidio users? Is the extra 200 mah worth the extra $20? Power user here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is an extra 15% really going to be that noticeable?
    I'd just note that 1350 mAh is only 50 mAh from the original iPhone's 1400 mAh battery. Furthermore, just to provide perspective, the new 3GS iPhone only increased the battery capacity by 6%, and advertise improved battery life (although it may also be the result of different processors, power-saving components, etc.

    This is the first full day I've had with the Seidio, and this is a tangible way of experiencing the 15% increase: Normally, by the time I was done with the work day with light phone usage and Bluetooth off, I would be around 70% ish battery capacity. With the new Seidio, I can achieve similar figures, but with Bluetooth on.

    I expect the battery life to improve a little bit more after the battery has gone through a few cycles.
    Last edited by NeoteriX; 07/07/2009 at 12:17 AM.
  12. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I wanted to post an update to this since I was one of the folks who posted pictures and mentioned that the extended battery was a problem.

    Well, SEIDIO sent me a new battery out as an advance RMA.

    Immediately, I noticed the depths of the contacts were different on the new one compared to the old. So, either they have changed their design specs (I ordered mine right when they were released) or I got a bad one - but the new battery is no where near as deep from the surface to the metal contacts.

    As a result, I have inserted it and slammed a number of times and the device has not shut off. This is the same phone that would shut off 90% of the time on a hard close before with the other battery.

    I'll keep an eye on it for a few days but things seem better. Now whether battery life is that much better to be worth it - remains to be seen but at least it's not shutting off.
    What is your battery's serial number? Pics?
  13. backlasher's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #154  
    Any hint of an eta for the 2600 mAh?
  14. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is an extra 15% really going to be that noticeable?
    Depends on the usage of the phone.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    What is your battery's serial number? Pics?
    The new battery is 92801133

    The original was 92400499

    I need to charge my camera for 10-15 and then I'll post a pic.

    Here's the old and new. Old on top - new on bottom. It's subtle but there is a difference. A little hard to tell with the reflection against the contacts.

    I will tell you - it's still deeper than the stock battery and they would probably be better served to match it a little closer to avoid this sort of thing moving forward.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by levelbest; 07/06/2009 at 09:45 PM.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

    Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
  16. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is an extra 15% really going to be that noticeable?
    This is a good question. I think it depends greatly on your usage. Think about this: if your current battery lasts you 12 hours but you use up 75% of it (825 mAh) in active tasks such as calls and web surfing that take say 6 hours, then 275 mAh lasts you 6 hours in standby. With the 1350 mAh battery, you might still perform the same 6 hours of active tasks, using up 825 mAh, but then you would be left with 525 mAh for standby, which would give you an additional 5.4 hours of standby. So now your battery lasts 17+ hours instead of 12.

    If instead, you barely do anything with your phone and are already getting 20 hours of life out of it, you'll only see an increase to 24.5 hours, which wouldn't feel like an awful lot.

    So I think it's the heavier users who will see the better benefit to having the bigger battery, assuming they don't try to do more than they're doing now.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  17. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    I'd just note that 1350 mAh is only 50 mAh from the original iPhone's 1400 mAh battery. Furthermore, just to provide perspective, the new 3GS iPhone only increased the battery capacity by 6%, and advertise improved battery life (although it may also be the result of different processors, power-saving components, etc.

    This is the first full day I've had with the Seidio, and this is a tangible way of experiencing the 15% increase: Normally, by the time I was done with the work day with light phone usage and Bluetooth off, I would be around 70% ish battery capacity. With the new Seidio, I can achieve similar figures, but with Bluetooth on.

    I expect the battery life to improve a little bit more after the battery has gone through a few cycles.
    I found a battery 1400 mAh for the Pre! (Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ) And it works! I've been using it for 2 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

    But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

    I went the whole day with out it charging it!

    Here is the link where to buy it! If any of you are interested! Palm Pre Accessories Store - Batteries, Bluetooth Car Kits, Cables, Cases, Chargers, Cradles, Headphones, Memory Cards, Stylus- Fommy.com
  18. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    I found a battery 1400 mAh for the Pre! (Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ) And it works! I've been using it for 2 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

    But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

    I went the whole day with out it charging it!

    Here is the link where to buy it! If any of you are interested! Palm Pre Accessories Store - Batteries, Bluetooth Car Kits, Cables, Cases, Chargers, Cradles, Headphones, Memory Cards, Stylus- Fommy.com
    Hrm they also list a 2800mAh battery.
  19. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    I found a battery 1400 mAh for the Pre! (Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ) And it works! I've been using it for 2 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

    But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

    I went the whole day with out it charging it!

    Here is the link where to buy it! If any of you are interested! Palm Pre Accessories Store - Batteries, Bluetooth Car Kits, Cables, Cases, Chargers, Cradles, Headphones, Memory Cards, Stylus- Fommy.com
    Glad your battery worked out well for you!

    That said, I've perused this thread page by page debating whether to buy the 1350 mAH battery from Seidio, and have noticed they are QUITE active on these forums. As of this writing, they've got over sixteen hundred posts since July 2004.

    so is the extra 50 mAh of the Amzer battery over the Seidio worth losing that kind of support? Methinks not.

    Again, I'm glad yours worked out for you...I'm thinking out loud for myself.

    And for the record, I've never had anything but an OEM battery in any of my phones... but am thinking long and hard about taking the plunge on this.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions