Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Seidio, Im am speechless. Ive never seen a company pay such close attention to the problems, questions and desires of its customers as you do. My suggestion? Hold payed seminars for other tech companies to show them what customer service really means.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I got the the Seidio battery last week. When I close the slider my phone reset, it doesn't do it with the stock battery. I did the temporary fix and stuck a piece of paper in between. I really don't feel comfortable with the paper as my phone gets really hot.
    Actually, my first Pre has this issue with the stock battery. There was too much space that when you closed the phone it interrupted the contact between the phone and the battery.

My new Pre works just fine though. And you did what I did with my first, I took a business card and cut it up and jammed it in there to keep things tight. it worked, I just didn't think that I should have to do it, hence my trade in.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    These are centro batteries that will work but are not compatible with the Pre. They do not let the Pre go to sleep properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    No reason to be rude!!! I am just passing on some info.

Urban Dictionary: fud

Incorrect information with no backing save an 'appeal to authority' is a perfect target for rudeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx
    I got the the Seidio battery last week. When I close the slider my phone reset, it doesn't do it with the stock battery. I did the temporary fix and stuck a piece of paper in between. I really don't feel comfortable with the paper as my phone gets really hot.
    Hello,

Sorry about your experience! But as many pointed out, a variance on Pre's battery compartment size has created resetting problems for some users. We strongly recommend you exchange out your Pre and get a new one that will work with both batteries!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Sorry about your experience! But as many pointed out, a variance on Pre's battery compartment size has created resetting problems for some users. We strongly recommend you exchange out your Pre and get a new one that will work with both batteries!
    Sorry, I am going to have to disagree - and contend that the SEIDIO batter for some users like myself does not fit well. Stock batteries work fine in my pre's ( I have two and exchanged one for non functioning WiFi) and on all three, the SEIDIO extended battery did the hard close/reset thing. Stock battery - did not. And trust me on this, I have closed it as hard as I could with the stock battery.

So, I'm not sure about blaming all this on Palm. I sent an email in requesting a better fit or to return the battery today.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    I just got my seidio . charging it right now. lets see what this baby can do for my phone battery life,by the way I get 16 hours of moderate use with the stock battery not that bad after all.
    update: my phone reset after closing the keyboard something that never happen before with the factory battery.sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    update: my phone reset after closing the keyboard something that never happen before with the factory battery.sucks
    yea...same here....paper fix works fine to fix it...just too bad it doesn't work without it
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    I'm with you my friend - I think unfortunately, it's the seidio batteries that don't fit well.

I looked at the contacts on BOTH batteries side by side and the SEIDIO Battery has the contacts Much More recessed than the OEM battery - which probably means it does get jarred when you slam the door close.

I am still waiting for a response to my email via their website requesting an RMA.

Take a look at the picture for yourself - you can see the difference in depth. On stock (bottom), maybe a millimeter, on the SEIDIO (top), about 3. I'm not a expert nor do I play one on tv, but that seems to be an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    My Pre has the reset on close issue, and I'm with the stock battery. I'm sure the slightly recessed contacts on the Seido aren't helping, the seemingly poor build quality on some of the phones is more to blame. For joselito1976, I'd guess that his contacts were just off enough to cause problems with the slightly more recessed contacts on the Seido.

That said, I'm going to hold off on an extended battery until I can get more than +17%. I'm near a charger all day, so it's not a big deal, but I'd LOVE to see a ~1800mah battery and would buy one the day of release. And make more of your holsters, I don't want to wait :P!
    yes i do have a pic to.I wonder why they did that. I think they would look to the specs before make the battery at least a personal look to the battery. The seidio is on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Arrrgh! I've already ordered my Seidio. If it fits as you guys say it does (which is not very well), I will be sending it back. Shame really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post

Urban Dictionary: fud

Incorrect information with no backing save an 'appeal to authority' is a perfect target for rudeness.
    Like I said I am just passing on info the was quoted by Seidio, Palm, and Sprint. At no point did I say anyone had to believe it. Just want people to be aware of what has been said.

By the way are you trying to make up for what you DON'T have!!! ****!!!!
    Last edited by alvin319; 06/30/2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Take a look at the picture for yourself - you can see the difference in depth. On stock (bottom), maybe a millimeter, on the SEIDIO (top), about 3. I'm not a expert nor do I play one on tv, but that seems to be an issue.
    Interesting...I'm curious to see Seidio's response to this...if they respond at all. I don't see how they can blame the phone for this one.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Arrrgh! I've already ordered my Seidio. If it fits as you guys say it does (which is not very well), I will be sending it back. Shame really.
    Mine just arrived. It fits tightly in my Pre, as does the stock one. So you'll probably be fine.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Mine fits in the Pre fine (if only the slightest bit looser than the Palm battery). I have not had any reset issues with it. My only problem would be with the Seidio battery and the Palm battery charger as I posted earlier about.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    Mine just arrived. It fits tightly in my Pre, as does the stock one. So you'll probably be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Mine fits in the Pre fine (if only the slightest bit looser than the Palm battery). I have not had any reset issues with it. My only problem would be with the Seidio battery and the Palm battery charger as I posted earlier about.
    Maybe Seidio dude was right? He did have the benefit of having multiple Pre's to test the batteries out on after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Got my phone swapped for a new Pre the other day. New phone still reset when closing slider with the Seidio battery. Doesn't have any reset problems with the stock battery.
    I have been using my battery for 2 weeks now and I am sad to say, I have noticed little or no difference in battery life but I did update to 1.0.4 which might of made a difference.
    Last edited by Eguy; 07/04/2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    12 hours and I still have 47%. I love this battery!
    I had 32% left at 10:30pm when I took it off the charger at 7:30am. This is on the oem battery. I imagine I could do much more with the extended battery. I'm not a power user either so I'm fine with the oem battery but to have the added insurance of the extended battery would definitely come in handy.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast