Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    I got the battery today, and every time I do a soft reset all of my pictures and music get wiped out.
    What does the battery have to do with it?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    Not to rain on Seido's parade (as I am interested in the success of this battery) but is the extended life due to the battery, update 1.03 or a combination of both?
    The 1.03 update had no noticeable effect on battery life on my phone. I still cannot make it through the day without recharging using the stock battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    No, works perfectly - maybe I wasn't clear.

I want to use my original battery as a spare - which means I want to keep it charged and ready to go. No way to do this when the SEIDIO battery is in use (I know - call me captain obvious).

The replacement battery works with the touchstone and is a perfect fit.

Seido makes a charger, it allows you to charge a battery in AC while charging the pre or other usb device. Or you can plug the charger directly into a USB port instead of an AC outlet. It also comes with plates that allow you to charge different types of battery's as well as the Pre battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Yep though with the usb port on the side, it becomes a challenge unless they figure out some touchstone solution with a spare bat charger.

For now SEIDIO offers a wall charger for your spare that looks pretty compact and good for travel which will also allow you to pass thru the usb cable to charge the pre at the same time.

Multi Function Battery Charger
    Their charger is not compact at all, but it works well so far. But I havn't yet tried charging the pre and second battery at the same time on it yet. Also I'm waiting on my replacement Seidio battery as the first one I got was not the same size as the original Pre battery so from time to time the Pre will power done when closing the slider.
    The Seidio charger cost less than the Palm Charger, it's big but not THAT big, And.... You can charge your Pre and the battery at the same time, you can't with Palms charger. Sorry dude, Unless you just want something more compact with less functionality, the Seido charger is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Seidio,

Make a Touchstone-compatible backplate for the Extended battery you are developing and you will have a great market (I'd buy 2)!

Of course, it would have to keep with your promise of being only a few mm thicker than the standard setup.

Or I guess I could just get the 1350mah and give the stock one to my wife as a spare since I currently sit at my desk with my Pre on the Touchstone all day. But still....tempt me Seidio and my money can be yours!
    lol this sounds like a seduction :P
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    ok from what i have read seem like it a bit of an improvement but maybe not worth the $50 correct me if im wrong. is my best bet to jsut wait for the bigger one when it come out in a few weeks?

You buy this battery if you needed a spare to walk around with so if you're a power user you can swap out the battery's on the fly. So if you're getting a spare, then why not get one which holds a little extra juice, Approximatly 15% extra. That's where it makes sense to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    You buy this battery if you needed a spare to walk around with so if you're a power user you can swap out the battery's on the fly. So if you're getting a spare, then why not get one which holds a little extra juice, Approximatly 15% extra. That's where it makes sense to buy.
    Not when the Palm battery can be purchased for $23.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Not when the Palm battery can be purchased for $23.99.
    But the Palm Battery, at least on this site, is just $5 less than the Seido batter. I dunno where you're going to find the original Palm battery from a reputable dealer for only $24 but I'm sure many people would love to know. Anything for the price your stating would not likely be an original Palm part, but another after market part that may or may not be of good quality.
    I think Amazon is pretty reputable...
    And it's OEM.

It's 30.99 now (still $20 cheaper). Free shipping and no tax.
    The Seidio Innocell 1350 is $50.90 with shipping. $50.85 from Seidio.

I bought one last night at 9PM EST for $23.99.

Directly from Amazon. Price went up slightly (and it's temporarily out of stock). It was at $23.99 for several days.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Palm Pre Standard Battery

You could have gotten 2 (Palm OEM) for the price of one (Seidio)...
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 06/25/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Screenshot just in case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Also to add Palm makes this very protable spare battery charger. I ordered one and it works great. It is similar to the Instinct spare battery charger. If you use coupon code PLMREG you get 20% off and total cost with shipping is 29.96.

I want to order the seidio battery but it is just not cheap enough yet.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....catsId=3238806
    Yes I received one and am using it now. I keep it charged so haven't been able to evaluate how long it lasts but am flying today so that will be the real test. I'm sure I'll be listening to music, surfing etc so I know the heavy use will certainly limit its length.
    For me the price does not matter because I like to pay full retail on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    The Seidio charger cost less than the Palm Charger, it's big but not THAT big, And.... You can charge your Pre and the battery at the same time, you can't with Palms charger. Sorry dude, Unless you just want something more compact with less functionality, the Seido charger is a no brainer.
    Can anyone else chime in on what I posted earlier in this thread about the Palm charger with the Seidio battery?

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Also to add Palm makes this very protable spare battery charger. I ordered one and it works great. It is similar to the Instinct spare battery charger. If you use coupon code PLMREG you get 20% off and total cost with shipping is 29.96.

I want to order the seidio battery but it is just not cheap enough yet.

Palm Spare Battery Charger - Palm Accessories
    alvin, if and when you do get the Seidio battery to go with your charger, can you report back if you are having the same problem I was? (loose fit in the charger w/ Seidio battery -> won't charge)
    alvin, if and when you do get the Seidio battery to go with your charger, can you report back if you are having the same problem I was? (loose fit in the charger w/ Seidio battery -> won't charge)[/QUOTE]

Will do.
    Just ordered mine.
    I ordered and received the Seidio Innocell Extended battery for my new Palm Pre but it doesn't fit the phone properly. There is a space between the sliding mechanism and it clicks when I push it together. I also tried to charge the battery (overnight) by plugging it into the regular charger and by using the docking station but neither worked. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking of returning it or calling them to find out what's wrong with the battery. It looks like it is just a few centimeters too big for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by redjag67
    I ordered and received the Seidio Innocell Extended battery for my new Palm Pre but it doesn't fit the phone properly. There is a space between the sliding mechanism and it clicks when I push it together. I also tried to charge the battery (overnight) by plugging it into the regular charger and by using the docking station but neither worked. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking of returning it or calling them to find out what's wrong with the battery. It looks like it is just a few centimeters too big for the phone.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest! Let me see if we can help you here When you insert your battery into the Pre, is the label facing up (facing the battery cover) and not down towards the Pre? If it is, the battery should slide in without much obstruction. If that doesn't work, please try and take some photos of the problem area so we can troubleshoot for you further! We are having a hard time understanding what you meant by "space between the sliding mechanism" and what that part have to do with the battery. Could you also clarify that as well?

Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Definitely give props to Seidio for being active in the forums and responsive to customer issues.